Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Jr's hauler for the 2015 season.....

B6McdRRIYAAbGpH.jpg:large
Ugly!

I hope the real rig looks better, not much imagination in that artists rendition.

Dale Jr. selling his 'Funky' classic Chevy

dale-bel-air-876.jpg

Dale Jr. is selling his Chevy. Not the one he races in NASCAR, but his 1955 Bel Air.

The 2-door, white over orange coupe was built for Earnhardt in 2004 by rapper and car customizer Funkmaster Flex's Team Baurtwell.

It features a chassis modified by Jim Meyer Racing Products, a 500 hp 434 small block V8, five-speed Hurst shifter with 8-ball grip, and a unique set of Dale Jr. “8” wheels. Inside, there’s a body colored dash, black on white gauges, and modern power leather-upholstered seats.

It also shows zero miles on the odometer, so Dale must’ve been too busy all these years to drive it, but is said to be running perfectly and is in mint condition. It’s being auctioned on Ebay, which is one of Earnhardt’s sponsors, along with his 1999 Callaway Corvette.

Bidding on the Bel Air starts at $5,000, and as an added bonus, Junior will personally hand off the keys to the winner and autograph the car -- which should make it worth that much more the next time it's listed on Ebay.

story link

dale-bel-air-cabin-876.jpg

@DaleJr

2015 Media Day in Charlotte has came and went. Only thing to do now is take a few days and have a few beers and wait for Daytona.

Jr's car for most of 2015.

B8lhOwYCAAAly6l.jpg:large

Too much blue and no green. What happened to Mt. dew?

Them Hendrick boys are all in blue apparently. Jimmie has his standard blue lowes and Kahne usually runs schemes with baby blue on it.

Looks sweet though.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. having too much fun to think about retiring

CHARLOTTE — With Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon ready to call it quits at the end of the upcoming season, Dale Earnhardt Jr. was asked Thursday about his own eventual retirement.

After all, Earnhardt is only three years younger than Gordon. Will the 40-year-old still be racing past the age Gordon is now?

"Jeff made his decision based on factors in his life, whether it be his health or his kids," Earnhardt said. "… I don't have any back issues and I don't have any kids on the way. I don't have any factors."

Right now, Earnhardt said he can't think about quitting because he's enjoying his job so much. He said the last five years have been the most fun he's ever had driving a race car.

"I didn't even know I could have this much fun," he said with a grin. "Last year, I felt like a kid. I had the same feeling I had when I would drive down to Myrtle Beach with my Late Model. We were just on top of the world having so much fun.

"That freedom came back in the last couple years to just enjoy it and just release the pressure. So that's made me really think I can do this a lot longer."

For the Dirty Mo Radio fans that may or may not be on this board. If you're a Earnhardt fan then some of these shows will be of interest to you. I download them during the season and listen to them during my commute.

Dirty Mo Radio Announces Programming Line-Up for 2015

Link to the full story

Monday Recap presented by SPY – Hosted by Amanda Wolfmeier. Airs on Mondays for 39 weeks starting Feb. 16.

The Dale Jr. Download presented by SPY – Hosted by Taylor Zarzour and Mike Davis. Airs on Tuesdays for 40 weeks starting Feb. 17.

Kelley Earnhardt Miller’s Fast Lane Family presented by Wella Professionals – Hosted by Kelley Earnhardt Miller. Airs on Wednesdays for 40 weeks starting Feb. 18.

JR Motorsports Up Front – Hosted by Heath White and Regan Smith. Airs on Thursdays for 35 weeks starting Feb. 26.

Said Junior presented by Nationwide – Airs when applicable throughout the year starting Feb. 12.

image.jpg
14 years ago today we lost The Intimidator. NASCAR hasn't been the same without him. RIP #3

It's real evident from Jr's comments that NASCAR has sat down with him and had 'The Talk' about qualifying and the new changes before this media session. Perhaps they figure that his influence is that great? I don't know.

Earnhardt Jr. tops NASCAR's Highest-Paid Drivers: #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. ranks as the NASCAR's top earner for a seventh straight year with earnings of $23.8 million (Jeff Gordon was the last driver to finish ahead of Earnhardt in 2007). NASCAR's licensed merchandise sales have plummeted, but Earnhardt remains the sport's biggest star and top seller. His 2014 Daytona 500 Race Win die-cast was the best-selling die-cast in the history of Lionel Racing. Earnhardt had five of the top six selling model cars last year. Forbes earnings estimates include salaries and endorsements, as well as the drivers' share of winnings/bonuses and licensing income for the 2014 season. The top 12 banked $187 million last year, versus $192 million in 2013. There is a dramatic drop in driver earnings after the top 12 with sponsorship money and the best drivers flowing to the elite teams in recent years. #48-Jimmie Johnson ranks No. 2 with earnings of $22.5 million last year. Johnson is in the final year of his contract with Hendrick Motorsports, but is working on an extension through 2017 to match the term of his car sponsor Lowes.
#24-Jeff Gordon banked $18.6 million last year, third best in the sport, and his merchandise sales were the second highest. Expect a bump this year after Gordon announced in January that 2015 would be his last year driving full-time in NASCAR. Rounding out the top five earners are #4-Kevin Harvick ($15.5 million) and #11-Denny Hamlin ($15.2 million). #10-Danica Patrick ranks No. 8 with earnings of $13.8 million.(see full story and list at Forbes.com)

from jayski

Holding strong on picking Junior to win the 500. But Gordon will make a race of it if he misses the Big One.........and the 78 car will be a challenge if he is near the front on the final restart......18 car is a dark horse for the win.....has had a better than I expected Race Week.

Would really love to see my little 42 car driver up there battling Junior on the last lap..... :)

I'm a Jr. fan for life but having a really good car is no huge advantage at Daytona.He has to have luck, help and good timing.

Back
Top Bottom