Dale Earnhardt Jr.

She doesn't own the number just the slanted likeness of it he ran at DEI

I think it'd be awesome if he ran his Xfinity races in the 8 stylized like Ralph's, as he did in 2006 at Michigan..
OldBud_600.jpg

I think it'd be awesome if he ran his Xfinity races in the 8 stylized like Ralph's, as he did in 2006 at Michigan..View attachment 27694 .
I hope he runs 8 next year when he runs his two Xfinity races. Speaking of which, do we know what tracks those will be at? My money would be at the ( Paraphrasing) Busch Daytona 300 and at maybe one of the Richmond races.

This does raise an interesting question though... we're halfway into the season coming up on a notable race for dale jr each year cup runs this 400 miler @ Daytona, and we have yet to see or hear of any "throwback" inspired schemes. Even if they cannot replicate a few of them for copyright reasons you'd think there's something they could put together to give the idea some life...

This does raise an interesting question though... we're halfway into the season coming up on a notable race for dale jr each year cup runs this 400 miler @ Daytona, and we have yet to see or hear of any "throwback" inspired schemes. Even if they cannot replicate a few of them for copyright reasons you'd think there's something they could put together to give the idea some life...
Yeah...as a Gordon fan, I'd tell you not to get your hopes up.

Yeah...as a Gordon fan, I'd tell you not to get your hopes up.
yea we barely got the Rainbow for the final time. No 2001 flames scheme, no Jurassic Park scheme ( and Jurassic World came out his final year racing ,such a layup paint scheme) no Baby Ruth like throwback. I'm sure I am forgetting some other notable ones...

I'll bet she has it in her copy rights. The car does have daleearnhardtinc.com on the quarter panel. There was a die cast made which I have. I'm sure DEI received monies from the sale.
It sucks if he cant just run an 8 then in Hendrick numerals with the day glow color. Reminds me... I don't think anyone runs the 8 on Cup Series now right??

It sucks if he cant just run an 8 then in Hendrick numerals with the day glow color. Reminds me... I don't think anyone runs the 8 on Cup Series now right??

Oh, I'm sure it is just the stylized 8's that are copyrighted. It's been a long time so I don't think there's anything stopping just the #8 running.

Them is the rules and the one time it would have benefited a variation would have been Junior getting the #8.

I'll bet she has it in her copy rights. The car does have daleearnhardtinc.com on the quarter panel. There was a die cast made which I have. I'm sure DEI received monies from the sale.
Yeah I don't mean the exact paint scheme, just an 8 in that font.

I hope he runs 8 next year when he runs his two Xfinity races. Speaking of which, do we know what tracks those will be at? My money would be at the ( Paraphrasing) Busch Daytona 300 and at maybe one of the Richmond races.
I stay pretty tuned in to all things Jr and I don't think he's announced which Xfinity races he's running next year. If he has, I missed it.

I'd put my money on two short tracks.

Kinda funny to me, Jr goes to the networks, NBC is already hyping the last Dale at Daytona, already can tell it is going to be how many Dale's last they can stuff in before the race. Must have not been a good meet up for Jr and the NBC bunch. Jr says it isn't his last Daytona rodeo about a week before Daytona. NBC has to hurry up and wipe the egg off their faces and re write, re write. Thanks Jr, if you are or are not finished, either way thanks a bunch. :)

yea we barely got the Rainbow for the final time. No 2001 flames scheme, no Jurassic Park scheme ( and Jurassic World came out his final year racing ,such a layup paint scheme) no Baby Ruth like throwback. I'm sure I am forgetting some other notable ones...
To be fair, Gordon's final scheme was much better than originally planned

C24582XHSJG-1.jpg

Lol yeah this crap was a joke. And they had this diecast for order too smh.
Oh the Axalta 2014-2015 scheme is my favorite that he ran in his whole career.... but the last race should have been the rainbow IMO. However thank goodness the last race wasn't that scheme above. I have faith Jr will have a cool one. I was hoping he'd rock a memorable Nationwide scheme for Saturday but it looks to be the normal one.

Just watched this weeks radioactive... seems like jr is about tired of Greg Ives. Needs a new crew chief IMO, I said that last year. Just doesn't seem to have chemistry or confidence in Ives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess Amy says 'No'. Probably a more than wise choice anyhow although I'm sure many can find fault.

Click on the Tweet to read the response. There are a lot of idiots out there that just don't seem to get it.

Amy is a better woman than I. My response would have been a lot less civil and aimed at sir Bob Pockrass, NASCAR very own TMZ

Amy Earnhardt Says No to 2018 Clash for Dale Jr.

15KEN1nk06773-660x400.jpg

Tuesday at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, where he unveiled his throwback paint scheme for the Bojangles’ Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway, Dale Earnhardt Jr. talked about his 2018 plans.

Earnhardt, who is in his final season as a full-time driver, is contracted to drive two NASCAR XFINITY Series races next year with the JR Motorsports team he co-owns with sister Kelley Earnhardt Miller.

Along with those two races, Earnhardt allowed that he’d like to run as many as five or six XFINITY races if sponsors would come on board to make it possible.

During the unveiling at the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Earnhardt was asked about running in next year’s Advance Auto Parts Clash, the first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race during Daytona Speedweeks.

Earnhardt responded that he was talking with his wife, Amy, about the possibility.

Well, Tuesday night, Amy Earnhardt weighed in on Twitter and the answer was pretty clear-cut. Sorry, JR Nation.

http://www.popularspeed.com/amy-earnhardt-says-no-to-2018-clash-for-dale-jr/

I don't blame her,the risk isn't worth it.My brother asked when they got together if she was a gold digger,just after JR.'s money.A gold digger wouldn't care about the risks.I am amazed at some of these football players wife's and families complaining about the NFL protocol for concussions.They are more worried about the money train coming to an end.

Then why not hang the helmet up tomorrow?
I think he explained his reasons to return back when his return was announced. I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm sure that transcript is available on Jayski.com.

I don't remember all the reasons but wanting to fulfill his commitment to HMS was a part of it. Running the select few Xfinity races next year were also a part of it. Seems like he's only going to do what he was already committed to. Not sure why any of us would have a problem with that? Seems like a man of his word.

Then why not hang the helmet up tomorrow?
My first thought as well.

I guess because he actually has a contractual obligation to HMS to finish the season - not that he even had to start it (we know he did that more for the fans than anything though). Sponsorship demands could also play a role. Whereas The Clash is just for sh*ts & giggles and a concerted effort would have to be made to put a team and car together for him to run that race. Assuming he'd just run the 88 though.

It takes a very good wife to take the flack for her husband and in this case that might be the truth.
The decision to marry him may have been based on his retirement, who knows.
I for one was very disappointed he came back this year although I applaud him for living up to his commitments. Juniors wealth is in part tied to his off track activities so this has great value going forward for both himself and JRM. Time to be management.

I think he explained his reasons to return back when his return was announced. I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm sure that transcript is available on Jayski.com.

I don't remember all the reasons but wanting to fulfill his commitment to HMS was a part of it. Running the select few Xfinity races next year were also a part of it. Seems like he's only going to do what he was already committed to. Not sure why any of us would have a problem with that? Seems like a man of his word.
Jr's reasons to keep racing make sense.

His wife is gonna get a ton of flack from Jr fans for the manner in which she answered.

Jr's reasons to keep racing make sense.

His wife is gonna get a ton of flack from Jr fans for the manner in which she answered.
She already has, reading the twitter responses to her tweet last night was cringe worthy at best, nauseating at worst.

She already has, reading the twitter responses to her tweet last night was cringe worthy at best
I assume plenty of Jr fans related to his rowdy attitude when he was younger. Now that he's a civilized married man its a bit of a detachment from them IMO.

Back
Top Bottom