Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Hey, how about that banana & mayo sandwich? Anyone try that thing? What the heck is with you southerns? I say hold that banana and add bacon and lettuce. No, not that banana.

Reactions: Pat
Hey, how about that banana & mayo sandwich? Anyone try that thing? What the heck is with you southerns? I say hold that banana and add bacon and lettuce. No, not that banana.
I'm all about banana and peanut butter. No way I could stomach mayo with it.

What's the big deal? I've been eating banana and mayonnaise sandwiches since I was a toddler.

Reactions: sdj

I've been eating banana sandwichs (with Hellman's) since I was a young chicken. What's not to like?

Untitled.jpg

Can the “you southerners” bit, Kimmel. This southerner wouldn't eat a banana 'n mayonnaise sandwich if someone were holding a gun to your head saying “eat or the yankee gets it.”

Can the “you southerners” bit, Kimmel. This southerner wouldn't eat a banana 'n mayonnaise sandwich if someone were holding a gun to your head saying “eat or the yankee gets it.”
:D

I just had a peanut butter and mayo sandwich today. pretty good.

Thanks dpk for that link. I loved hearing Jr speak. I am worried about his symptoms, I too have dizziness and it sucks. My body has adjusted but I still have to hold onto something when I bend over.

I just worry about him. I really like Jr.

Banana and mayo sandwiches sound nasty but I'll give them a shot. I'm sure most people here would think raw beef, braunschweiger, raw onion, brown mustard, salt, and pepper on toast sounds nasty....but it's amazing.

I don't think the question has ever been if we see Jeff in the 88, it's how long.....

I'll bet big money that the drivers agents are burning up the phone lines and setting up appointments in case Dale Jr. has to sit out the rest of the year or longer. The scramble is on to find someone to finish out the year or a permanent replacement just in case he can't come back.

The 88 team tweeted that they would have an announcement Wednesday on their driver for Indy. So no news expected today.

I think he'll be out this weekend too. The way he's talking it doesn't sound like he can be confident about the situation in just a couple days time.

If hypothetically he's out for longer than that then who knows what happens. I wonder if Jeff would be interesting in going past Indy.

On Monday's “The Dale Jr. Download” podcast, Dale Earnhardt Jr. provided his fans with the latest update on his condition to follow-up his Tweet from over the weekend.

As he’s been throughout the situation, Earnhardt Jr. was again forthright about his health situation.

"I'd love to race more," Earnhardt said on his podcast at DaleJr.com. "In my mind, my plan is to race more. I have plans to keep going. I'll worry about that when I'm well.

"I'll talk to my doctors and say, 'What do I have left as far as the racing?' My doctors are confident that they can make me stronger than I was before this event."

Earnhardt Jr.’s latest problems began in June with a crash at Michigan International Speedway and he’s been suffering from a variety of symptoms since.

He stepped out of the No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports entry two weeks ago and Jeff Gordon has driven the entry at Indianapolis and Pocono while Earnhardt Jr. continues to deal with the aftermath of his injury.

“This is scary for me because of the way it’s been different,” Earnhardt Jr. said. “I’m having balance issues; I’ve never had balance issues before. The eye issues with the stability — I’ve never had that before. It didn’t begin at the event; it started weeks later and came on very slowly, very gradually and continued to progress until it sort of stopped and stayed where it is.

“I don’t know what that tells me about how long this process is going to be. I felt like I had a good understanding of dealing with concussions in the past, but this is certainly a new one.”

Based on Earnhardt Jr.’s comments this week, it doesn’t appear as if he’ll be back at Watkins Glen this weekend or anytime soon as he takes a slow and steady road to recovery.

“Look, you’ve got to realize this might be a process,” Earnhardt said doctors have told him. “I will go to get evaluated every few weeks and each time I go, they’ll adjust the treatment accordingly.”

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...08/Dale-Earnhardt-Jr-Gives-Latest-Update.aspx

Reactions: sdj
Sucks to read that as a Jr fan but happy for those Gordon fans that get to see their driver continue. I'm still rooting for Jeff to get that victory by the time they roll around to those final ten races. NASCAR will be sure to grant another Chase Waiver. ;)

Back
Top Bottom