Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

At this point in time, it is overwhelmingly clear she drives to her abilities, having said that, her abilities are lacking in being competitive and basically being a field filler since she showed up. This is not a dig in any way against her, it is business, she does not have the natural ability to be competitive in a Cup Car.
There is one thing for certain, she is physically tough as nails and don't take sh*t from anyone. We have all seen her try and knock the wall down several times and has been in some helldayshush wrecks and she bounces out of the car like nothing happened.
She has been good for the sport for reasons more attuned to today's social climate.
I wish her well and hope she has a prosperous future.

She says she isnt ready to retire, and said she doesnt want to go down to Xfinity, there are no competitive Cup seats open, unless somehow a miracle happens and she lands enough sponsor for Barney to change his mind and not shut down the #77 team. Right now, according to the unofficial team chart via Jayksi, BKR has no plans in place, and there are question marks next to the Front Row teams.

Admire your loyalty but I think her NASCAR career is done, time to pick a new driver to cheer for, all the best freak

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Easier said than done. I can't just go pick a driver and start rooting for them overnight. And at this point other than DP and JR I could really give a rats ass about any of the other drivers in the series at this point. :(

I don't know if Danica is finished or not. There's a sponsor out there thinking about this opportunity for sure.

Danica broke a lot of new ground for women in NASCAR. Being able to maintain a ride for multiple years is quite an accomplishment. Here is to hoping more women follow in her footsteps.
She didn't keep the ride for on track success.....

I don't know if Danica is finished or not. There's a sponsor out there thinking about this opportunity for sure.
Nope. Only two cars at Cup level fully funded by one company. Two. The market is waaaay off. Appears John Force Racing will dump the dragster program for next season and run all FC. Motorsports are on the downswing in the US. People just don't care about cars like they once did. Cars are like refrigerators, washing machines, microwaves, etc for 95% of the public. Appliances.

Nope. Only two cars at Cup level fully funded by one company. Two. The market is waaaay off. Appears John Force Racing will dump the dragster program for next season and run all FC. Motorsports are on the downswing in the US. People just don't care about cars like they once did. Cars are like refrigerators, washing machines, microwaves, etc for 95% of the public. Appliances.

Id like to see Ford full boat sponsor her. Its a dream, but until DP says shes done, or until the field rolls in daytona 2018, I'' have faith.

I don't think it's that as much as it is the never ending increase in the cost to compete. If a sponsorship cost 2 million like it used to, there would be plenty of takers.

Proctor and Gamble would be ideal to sponsor Danica. Crest toothpaste, Secret Deodorant, Oil of Olay, Puffs tissues(ha!), and on and on. They spent 4.3 billion in advertising in 2015.

Glad to see you guys have found something to argue about. She will be in, no she won't blah blah blah. At the very least, with at least 40% women to men paying to visit the Nascar Hall of Fame, at the very least there will be an area that celebrates the women who have helped build Nascar from what it was to what it is now. From the early office workers, to team drivers, to car owners, to the France women at the top. If you don't think Danica Patrick isn't going to be a part of that in the Hall of Fame?, I don't know what to tell ya.

When/where did she say she wouldn't go back to Xfinity? And why not?

Moving to Xfinity has worked well for Allgaier and Sadler. ;)

I don't think it's that as much as it is the never ending increase in the cost to compete. If a sponsorship cost 2 million like it used to, there would be plenty of takers.
Yep, they priced themselves out of the market. By rotating the sponsors on the car, and the way in which the races are shot, I can't figure out which car is which any longer.

I don't understand why she hasn't tapped into the cosmetics companies she's still has her looks that could be utilized, like Cover girl. She could drive a pink car.
Return on investment

Return on investment
Its more complicated than that--she doesnt want be seen as a woman racer--a car outfitted like that screams "IM DIFFERENT"

BUT...if it keeps her racing....

Hmmm...perhaps a partnership btwm HSN on a more permanent basis?

If the female demographic for NASCAR is what they say it is, maybe they're wrong about that. It could well be that the manufacturers of those products have a pre-conceived bias against the NASCAR audience.

What people don't seem to take into consideration is the age of Nascar's audience. It is an old audience by advertisers standards so there is no immediacy or much ROI in trying to reach them according to people that know a lot more than I do about these things. It is not uncommon for Nascar's weekly broadcast audience to have about 65% of its viewership over 50 years of age which is no damn good according to the people that know about these things.

A company like Proctor and Gamble spent 3 billion on advertising in 2013 so giving Nascar 20 million to sponsor the series or 12 million to sponsor a team would not even be missed from a massive budget like that. They would gladly spend the money if they thought it was worth doing so but the people that know about these things are essentially telly P&G not to throw their money away.

What people don't seem to take into consideration is the age of Nascar's audience. It is an old audience by advertisers standards so there is no immediacy or much ROI in trying to reach them according to people that know a lot more than I do about these things. It is not uncommon for Nascar's weekly broadcast audience to have about 65% of its viewership over 50 years of age which is no damn good according to the people that know about these things.

A company like Proctor and Gamble spent 3 billion on advertising in 2013 so giving Nascar 20 million to sponsor the series or 12 million to sponsor a team would not even be missed from a massive budget like that. They would gladly spend the money if they thought it was worth doing so but the people that know about these things are essentially telly P&G not to throw their money away.

Just to add on a comment to your post, which I agree with:
The 50+ crowd isn't influenced by advertising or isn't influenced as much by advertising. So, we end up with the situation we have in NASCAR.

I dunno......and it would be a huge growth market

Hang in there as if memory serves there are 5 stages in grief. IDK where you are on the totem pole and I am sorry you have to go through it.

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

^dude....back off. I don't need an intervention.

I don't think you need one either and my post was meant as tongue in cheek and not meant to be offensive. I know you won't say its over until it is over and floated different scenarios for DP with different sponsors and teams and I hope something can be put together for the say of you and her other fans.

I dont think you understand ROI.

No cosmetics company expects an ROI from the NASCAR market.
For many years Nascar has had the highest percentage of females that watch on TV and go to races. Patrick has been good attracting fans in that area, but that doesn't pay all of the car owner's bills without performance. She could probably easily draw enough sponsor money to make a team with a smaller budget happy, but she has said publicly that she wants to run for a top team. There isn't any room on those teams. So that is confusing. If she wants to continue racing, one would think she wouldn't paint herself in a corner like that.

For many years Nascar has had the highest percentage of females that watch on TV and go to races.
Nearly half of the NFL's fanbase is female.

You arent going to find those same demographics with stock car racing.

Out of my own anectdotal evidence, when the girls I hang with who are into sports hear Danica's name they respond with "she sucks".

While Danica has obviously garnered more female eyes to the sport, real interaction and support will not be had until we have competitive female(s) behind the wheel. Women want to see a proven female winner.

Out of my own anectdotal evidence, when the girls I hang with who are into sports hear Danica's name they respond with "she sucks".

While Danica has obviously garnered more female eyes to the sport, real interaction and support will not be had until we have competitive female(s) behind the wheel. Women want to see a proven female winner.
Thats why I dont think Ford or Toyota will be too willing to sign on. They are in for their cars to run up front, not 25th.

Don't totally disagree with this but how many female winners are there in the NFL?

I like Danica. But she doesn't perform very well for somebody in a top-tier ride. I'm surprised she has lasted this long. The majority of the hype is gone, so I guess it's time to say goodbye :(

nope
37% of game fans who watch NASCAR all the time are ladies, making this game the most noteworthy as far as sexual orientation uniformity.
Read more at http://demographicpartitions.org/demographics-of-sports-fans-u-s/#TKCpMR8ifZiGAKDR.99

Surprisingly, Nascar's audience has the highest share of women. Not surprisingly, golf's fans have the highest share of seniors.

why are they still talking about her, what is her claim to fame in nascar? if she put asses in the stands it's sure not showing up on TV. her circus sideshow act has played out.

why are they still talking about her, what is her claim to fame in nascar? if she put asses in the stands it's sure not showing up on TV. her circus sideshow act has played out.
might be because she is a women in a male dominated sport ya think?

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom