Danica Patrick won’t return to Stewart-Haas in 2018

yep and with the short attention span that humans have, it is no longer a novelty. Only thing different if she had been performing would be the changes in her standings and probably sponsorship. She isn't a new phenom anymore.

yep and with the short attention span that humans have, it is no longer a novelty. Only thing different if she had been performing would be the changes in her standings and probably sponsorship. She isn't a new phenom anymore.
what is their to remember about her to keep our attention span thinking about her, she's no Billy Jean King.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/09/19/tony-stewart-danica-patrick-reaction-dan-patrick/

Tony stewart when asked if danica will leave:
“Good question,” Stewart replied when the host asked him about Patrick’s future. “I don’t know. I don’t know what she has planned. She has so much stuff going on. She reminds me a lot of me. She’s got wineries, she’s got her yoga stuff, she’s got a clothing line she’s working on. But I don’t see her leaving the sport. She’s that driven and that competitive. She still wants to win.”

DP has boxed herself in when it comes to a future driving in Nascar as she won't do a part time schedule and won't run in the lesser series plus only wants to run for a top team.

What she is saying is akin to a person that wants to get in good physical shape but won't exercise, eat proper portions or do anything else that would get them in the game. This may be by design as she can say she had to exit the series as there was nothing available for her.

DP has boxed herself in when it comes to a future driving in Nascar as she won't do a part time schedule and won't run in the lesser series plus only wants to run for a top team.

What she is saying is akin to a person that wants to get in good physical shape but won't exercise, eat proper portions or do anything else that would get them in the game. This may be by design as she can say she had to exit the series as there was nothing available for her.
Skoal, I doubt you went out and washed the cars on the lot as a part owner. :biggrin:

I took it as her way of basically saying "I won't be back" without actually saying it. Of course if an opportunity too good to refuse dropped in her lap, she could take it.

Id love to see Danica do well, but can't take her seriously when she never arranged any deal to get more experience in the lower series while still in Cup.

Hope she goes back to Xfinity.

You know, I was never a Danica Patrick fan, but I always liked her attitude of always trying to improve herself during her time in NASCAR. She was always trying to do better and seeking out advice from her fellow drivers and mentors.

and gets put down by keyboard cowboys with a male ego and yet many of them never sat in a race car or drove anything over 130 mph.

So in other words we can't criticize any drivers ever because they're all professionals...what's the point of a message board then. Sometimes brutally honest is good. She's the most successful female driver in NASCAR ever I guess, but that's not rally saying much. Congrats on the competition ribbon!

So in other words we can't criticize any drivers ever because they're all professionals...what's the point of a message board then. Sometimes brutally honest is good. She's the most successful female driver in NASCAR ever I guess, but that's not rally saying much. Congrats on the competition ribbon!
Keep your pants on. OK if I remind you there is still only 1 winner per race and 1 car for every position. Just because she only beats 10 cars every race and has no top 5's doesn't mean
she isn't worthy of what she has accomplished. She has been wrecked many times because she is a women. Her stats would be a bit better if she had done what MK and JG did to teach drivers a lesson. She is a better man than those two.

and gets put down by keyboard cowboys with a male ego and yet many of them never sat in a race car or drove anything over 130 mph.

She gets put down because she's terrible. Same as every other terrible driver in NASCAR history.

The "lul male ego she can drive better than you lul keyboard warrior lul" argument is asinine.

That's not quite true. OR maybe I just never saw endless comments/threads on how bad Cope is or any of those drivers who every week finish behind Danica.

You know, I was never a Danica Patrick fan, but I always liked her attitude of always trying to improve herself during her time in NASCAR. She was always trying to do better and seeking out advice from her fellow drivers and mentors.

Trying to do something is fine but accomplishing it is paramount.

I am not against trying things and failing as it is good experience and often times lets you know you are not cut out for what you are trying to achieve.

Trying to do something is fine but accomplishing it is paramount.

I am not against trying things and failing as it is good experience and often times lets you know you are not cut out for what you are trying to achieve.

Like Denny or Carl trying to win a championship? :D

Being that we have never had a full time female driver in NASCAR, being the best doesn't say a whole lot. Even in Indycar, that bar is pretty low. On the other hand, is she actually any worse than what any of her male counterparts have been/would be under similar circumstances? There isn't much of a track record of success for modern era drivers that have to NASCAR from other types of racing. I also think that the NASCAR world didn't do her any favors either. They were SO EAGER to cash in on her 'brand" that they didn't give her the time to actually learn what she was doing in a stock car. I never really understood the people that expected too much, and I never understood the people who went out of their way to trash her every chance they got. If this truly is the end for Danica the driver, I think regardless of results, NASCAR will be a little less interesting without her out there, and the LAST thing NASCAR needs to be right now is less interesting.

That's not quite true. OR maybe I just never saw endless comments/threads on how bad Cope is or any of those drivers who every week finish behind Danica.
Difference being that the drivers that routinely run around Danica arent forced down the throats of fans like Danica is. Therefore the praise/critics arent as prominent.

Live by the limelight, die by the limelight.

I dont know her personally & do not claim to understand her psyche.

Although her sour reaction to Mohr at the awards ceremony a few years back, her reaction to Hamlin spinning her at Daytona, her interview when Almirola was injured, her never taking blame for anything on the track and some of her self rightous "our work week is too hard" opinions have turned me off to her everyday demeanor. I dont view her as a very humble or grateful person. She certainly is not a bad person, dont get it twisted.

I wish her luck in her next chapter. This is a performance driven sport and this is simply 'next driver up' business.

Difference being that the drivers that routinely run around Danica arent forced down the throats of fans like Danica is. Therefore the praise/critics arent as prominent.

\lol the last few years shes hardly talked about.

It really poisons the well when a driver is shoved down the fans throats and that was certainly true with DP the first few years.

Guess that didn't work

Where's the link to the article that drivers admitted to wrecking Danica because she's a woman? Man as a Denny fan I might have to crap on my Fed Ex license plate if that be the case :p

Keep your pants on. OK if I remind you there is still only 1 winner per race and 1 car for every position. Just because she only beats 10 cars every race and has no top 5's doesn't mean
she isn't worthy of what she has accomplished. She has been wrecked many times because she is a women. Her stats would be a bit better if she had done what MK and JG did to teach drivers a lesson. She is a better man than those two.

She literally did the same thing to David Gilliand in the race where Matt Kenseth "parked" Joey Logano.

no I can't do her job, but she can't do mine either. I was never hired to drive a race or never said I could, but she did. she can drive one just one can't race very good. why does the woman thing always get talked about? I thought they were equal to men. in can't tell my boss I can do something and when he sends me out to do the job then not be able to do it and still keep my job.

And this thread is a perfect example. 7 pages in two weeks ain't bad. With 9 races left, Skoal, and the usual suspects, I'm guessing this thread will finish with an impressive 12 pages.:lol2:
Its a speculation thread. Dont get your hopes up for much in 2018.

Its a speculation thread. Dont get your hopes up for much in 2018.

Nah, for the most part, it's a typical bash DP thread with the usual posters regurgitating the same stuff they have for years. I'd like to see her come back, but I realized months ago that 2017 would be her last year in Cup, and I'm cool with it. Anywho, carry on.

[QUOTE="blue92, post: 1231736, member: 4700"She could drive a pink car.[/QUOTE]
Which reminds me of Amway

If she is being crammed down your throat your beef should be with the broadcast network.
I don't see how she is responsible for the garbage they show on the telly.

Back
Top Bottom