Darlington 400 and 500k Pre Race-Thread

Bob Pockrass

No entry list for Sunday at Darlington has been released. Also awaiting word from NASCAR on whether will line up by owner points or draw (could have a draw like they did for qualifying order, where NASCAR splits the field in two-or more-groups by points and then draws for order).

Bob Pockrass

No entry list for Sunday at Darlington has been released. Also awaiting word from NASCAR on whether will line up by owner points or draw (could have a draw like they did for qualifying order, where NASCAR splits the field in two-or more-groups by points and then draws for order).
I think they said they were going to draw for starting positions.

Excellent news, truck and xfinity teams will have full fields temporarily.

Trucks and Xfinity will increase to 40 entries, Cup will stay at 40.

Section 1.6 of the 2020 NASCAR Rule Book allows for the sanctioning body to adapt to unforeseen and/or extraordinary circumstances under the “EIRI” clause — “Except In Rare Instances” — which applies to the current public-health crisis and unprecedented NASCAR industry work stoppage.

Full article in tweet, I posted the rule as to why NASCAR is approving this from the article.

Fox Sports' Brad Zager on preparing for Darlington: 'To say this was a 24-hour-a-day job the last couple weeks is an understatement.'
There are going to be a lot of lessons learned this season. Hopefully NASCAR will look at which tracks best manage the challenges and consider that when creating the 2021 schedule.

Some of the current changes for this weekend and moving forward, all posted by Bob Pockrass, I copypasting instead of sharing each individual tweet
the spotters won't be on the spotter stand. ... they will be spread out along the top rows of the grandstands.

A driver must keep the helmet on and then put on a mask given to the driver from a medical worker after the helmet is taken off. ... I would assume EMS will follow same protocols they use outside the race track.

Correct ... no family members, no VIP guests, no sponsors, no marketing people, no social media people, no PR people, no business executives are allowed for Darlington.

Actually the crew must wait outside victory lane so when the photographs are done and the driver has left, the crew can be let in to push the car to postrace tech.

The motorhome will be there so the driver can get changed into his uniform and remain away from everyone else. The motorhome driver parks the motorhome the day before and then must leave. ... This way the driver is totally isolated & will go to the car 10 minutes before the race.

Teams have been told no celebratory behavior involving direct contact with another person -- no handshakes, fist-bumps, high-fives, hugs, etc.

Have had questions about Victory Lane ... The winning driver will do live TV and radio interviews near the start/finish line with use of a boom mic. The driver will go to victory lane for photos with trophy & winner sticker but no other team members.

Excellent news, truck and xfinity teams will have full fields temporarily.

Trucks and Xfinity will increase to 40 entries, Cup will stay at 40.

Full article in tweet, I posted the rule as to why NASCAR is approving this from the article.

Have the trucks ever started 40? I remember it used to be 36, I'd imagine the incentive for 40 trucks to show up will bring 40 because part time teams know there will be money.

Have the trucks ever started 40? I remember it used to be 36, I'd imagine the incentive for 40 trucks to show up will bring 40 because part time teams know there will be money.

Nope; 36 has always been the maximum number of trucks. I'm not sure if there'll be 40 but I think 36-38 is likely. I can see 40 Xfinity teams.

I was surprised to see 40 Cup teams enter. That's a great sign. There were 38 cars each at the 3 non-Daytona races this "season".

Actually, VegasInsider.com lists Harvick as their favorite. I've seen predictions that teams will push the limits of the rules... on the theory that inspections at this one-day show might be less rigorous than normal. So maybe VegasInsider is betting on Rodney Childers having come up with... something... over the long shut down period..:idunno:

Kevin Harvick9/2
Kyle Busch9/2
Joey Logano7/1
Brad Keselowski8/1
Chase Elliott17/2
Denny Hamlin17/2
Martin Truex Jr.19/2
Erik Jones13/1
Kurt Busch16/1
Alex Bowman20/1
Ryan Blaney20/1
Matt Kenseth22/1
Jimmie Johnson28/1
Aric Almirola32/1
Clint Bowyer32/1
Chris Buescher42/1
Matt Di Benedetto50/1
William Byron50/1
Christopher Bell75/1
Cole Custer75/1
Ricky Stenhouse Jr.75/1
Austin Dillon110/1
Ryan Newman110/1
Tyler Reddick140/1
Bubba Wallace180/1
Daniel Suarez180/1
David Ragan180/1
Brennan Poole200/1
Chad Finchum200/1
Corey Lajoie200/1
JJ Yeley200/1
Joey Gase200/1
John Hunter Nemechek200/1
Michael McDowell200/1
Quin Houff200/1
Ryan Preece200/1
Timmy Hill200/1
Ty Dillon200/1
I think the integrity of the inspection process wont be compromised. NASCAR knows the criminal minds will be at work and the flip side is if you push that grey area with no practice will you come out of turn 2 at Darlington unscathed on the first lap? Better to be safe then sorry. Im thinking most will be conservative and make adjustments on the first pit stop.

I think the integrity of the inspection process wont be compromised. NASCAR knows the criminal minds will be at work and the flip side is if you push that grey area with no practice will you come out of turn 2 at Darlington unscathed on the first lap? Better to be safe then sorry. Im thinking most will be conservative and make adjustments on the first pit stop.
I disagree. It's been kinda boring this year with the cloak n dagger stuff. The preacher's Yotas slathering some Bondo around on their front ends is no comparison to Rodney's movable spoiler and the bendable rear glass during the low downforce era.

Pumped for the race but wondering if it would be frowned upon to rent a scissor lift for the race and put it off turns 1-2. Could easily tow it with the truck and tow it back, and it's only $150 for the day
Try it Sunday. If it works, I'll pay for it Wednesday night.

Pumped for the race but wondering if it would be frowned upon to rent a scissor lift for the race and put it off turns 1-2. Could easily tow it with the truck and tow it back, and it's only $150 for the day

Amateur...

Do me a favor and pick up some oxygen tanks on your way to the track for me!

1589373136882.png

I don't know about Darlington but CMS has already said that the grounds will be closed to campers and tailgaters for their upcoming races.

What are the chances of a rain out, there's a small northeaster heading up the coast this weekend.......

Bob Pockrass

Start them high point men to the rear!

Back
Top Bottom