Darlington RACE thread ---

Is there a more pointless segment than the Mid-Race Report? Telling us the guys in the top five have a good chance to win. You don't say.

It drives me absolutely insane and I about blow a lid everytime. They act like every 100 laps is a period and they have to take a concessions break. Really what it is, is a way for them to get a ****ton of commercials in. A full commercial block, 3 minute 'race-break'(because that's what I tune in for), followed by another full commercial block. We missed about 25-30 laps everytime they did it at Bristol.

MRN is terrible.

MRN isn't very good when there isn't much action going on. They used to be able to keep your attention with full field rundowns and through the field type stuff. Not anymore. Now they just talk about upcoming races at other ISC venues. And the commercial breaks are atrocious.

MRN isn't very good when there isn't much action going on. They used to be able to keep your attention with full field rundowns and through the field type stuff. Not anymore. Now they just talk about upcoming races at other ISC venues. And the commercial breaks are atrocious.

A few races ago they spent half an hour trying to convince people that Kyle Busch winning in NNS was great for the sport.

I've given them an honest go today for the first time... When they are calling the race they are great.. But yeah they are treating it like a talk show.. Not very impressed..

I guess there is just NO good coverage.

Barney Hall is amazing though. I'm surprised no TV networks have ever snatched him up. He must be happy where he's at, like Bob Uecker.

I grew up with Barney Hall, Eli Gold and Allen Bestwick on the call on MRN. Now, those three could take the worst race in the world and make it sound like an instant classic.

It drives me absolutely insane and I about blow a lid everytime. They act like every 100 laps is a period and they have to take a concessions break. Really what it is, is a way for them to get a ****ton of commercials in. A full commercial block, 3 minute 'race-break'(because that's what I tune in for), followed by another full commercial block. We missed about 25-30 laps everytime they did it at Bristol.
I suspect they're gearing up for NASCAR implementing a halftime. FOX paid a bunch for the next 10 years of TV rights and they'll probably ask for it at some point.

I'm going back and forth, don't agree that they suck, but they do fill a lot of time with sponsor=marketing rep interviews. I do like that most of their staff have been there for years, and understand their role.

I suspect they're gearing up for NASCAR implementing a halftime. FOX paid a bunch for the next 10 years of TV rights and they'll probably ask for it at some point.

If France has any cajones, he'll tell them to **** off.

Since we're all highly suspicious of these debris cautions at certain points of the race (I'm not full on "black helicopter they're rigged" like some people, but they do seem to come out and bunch up the field at convenient times), I have wondered why NASCAR just doesn't have predetermined competition cautions at certain points of races to bunch up the field. They have them for tire safety, so why not to make the races more exciting. Not like anything in NASCAR is sacred anymore.

Gordon got a much better restart there.. But if he's on the front row... Tire spin like clock work... I don't get it...

When is FOX EVER going to implement side-by-side for replays? EVERY SINGLE ****** TIME they go to a full screen replay, something exciting happens that they miss.

Where did Kahne come from? He's a player now.

Back
Top Bottom