Darlington RACE thread ! ! !

It really stands out how NASCAR has to paint seats so that they appear to have fans

"You only need one racecar at the track."

Stenhouse obviously didn't get the memo. Probably wishes for a backup to jump in.

It would be cool if they brought one kid down to the flagstand and the winner gave him the checkered flag.

It would be cool if they brought one kid down to the flagstand and the winner gave him the checkered flag.
LOL you know there are no fans there right?

Fox is doing an admirable job, conveying the excitement of being back but also the seriousness of the circumstances and striking the right balance. It's top notch work by all involved. Thank God they are the ones doing it, and not the screeching NBC bunch.

I'm bored with Clint Bowyer myself. Nothing against his personality, it's just that Fox is OBSESSED with him.

Overexposure usually isnt good, kind of like a great song played too many times on the radio.

I thought a young Micheal Waltrip was funny and interesting and he was quickly ruined by Fox.
I also think it is a little more than just the time one sees the person in these cases. Most people can only be interesting with a hot mic for a limited time.
Then they start getting dumber and more annoying trying to stay fresh and unpredictable.

I've been wondering about that this week. Could this become permanent?

It's hard to remove "practice" from any competitive activity. Iverson might approve but overall I don't think we'll see the end of practice in the traditional sense. While these cars cost serious cash to run hot laps, being on the track also counts towards sponsorship visibility/$$.

It's hard to remove "practice" from any competitive activity. Iverson might approve but overall I don't think we'll see the end of practice in the traditional sense. While these cars cost serious cash to run hot laps, being on the track also counts towards sponsorship visibility/$$.
Yeah , I don't think so either, maybe if they allow to teams to test again, but as long as there is a testing ban, teams will get some sort of practice time.

Fox is doing an admirable job, conveying the excitement of being back but also the seriousness of the circumstances and striking the right balance. It's top notch work by all involved. Thank God they are the ones doing it, and not the screeching NBC bunch.
They are absolutely making this remote business work. I'm beginning to like it more than having the crowd in the booth.

Looks like all of the HMS cars took Bowman’s lead and are turning down from the high lane off the center.

It's a good thing the high downforce, low horsepower stuff makes these cars easier to handle or there probably would be several wrecks by now.
They did the right thing then because I like watching racing much better then wrecking.

Back
Top Bottom