Darlington Throwbacks 2017

Well damn that sucks for them, but I look forward to seeing what they come up with now.
They should both do it and turn it into a charity opportunity. Like have the highest or lowest finisher donate to the Alan Kulwicki scholarship program

IMG_0886.JPG
Ladies and gentlemen we may have a winner.

Testament to miller brewing for all their schemes over the years showing at darlington

hell, I'm just grateful they go to the trouble, it's a lot of work. Some of them really turn out looking pretty close.

hell, I'm just grateful they go to the trouble, it's a lot of work. Some of them really turn out looking pretty close.
Oh I agree, I love the throwbacks, its now my favorite part of the season, I think its freaking awesome.

True that. It really amazes me they have so many sponsors cooperate to do this. It's millions of dollars on the line for a single race and for them to modify the looks of their race car/billboard just to please the fans is truly remarkable to me.

eh they can't help that Toyota's weren't around then, back when they had Pontiac's, Buick's and Oldsmobile's and probably Mercury's

Exactly. They have to pretty much pull from other things. Now yeah JGR cars could do throwback of old schemes from there team, but why? Then that leaves out MTJ and Erik Jones as they wouldn't have anything to throwback to.

Exactly. They have to pretty much pull from other things. Now yeah JGR cars could do throwback of old schemes from there team, but why? Then that leaves out MTJ and Erik Jones as they wouldn't have anything to throwback to.

They could do a throwback scheme for any of their sponsors, any scheme the driver ever ran, any scheme that ever ran that number. Plenty of good options.

That 20 car makes zero sense. It's the equivalent of Cole Custer running a Jeff Gordon rainbow scheme on his #00 Ford with sponsorship from Haas.

They could do a throwback scheme for any of their sponsors, any scheme the driver ever ran, any scheme that ever ran that number. Plenty of good options.

That 20 car makes zero sense. It's the equivalent of Cole Custer running a Jeff Gordon rainbow scheme on his #00 Ford with sponsorship from Haas.
They are plenty of others who aren't following that and people seem to like the cars. I still don't see the big deal here but I guess not everyone is going to like a car.

Look above. Let me guess tho, same make of car? Which like I said really really limits what Toyota can do which sucks for them since they haven't been around as long as others.

Fair enough lol. Point made.

At least nobody has done that Labonte throwback yet. The Allison throwback was just done last year (with the proper number, fwiw)

Fair enough lol. Point made.

At least nobody has done that Labonte throwback yet. The Allison throwback was just done last year (with the proper number, fwiw)
Yeah I mean it would be nice to see some newer ones we ain't seen done yet, but we got plenty of good ones and probably a few more still to come. Looking forward to what else is left.

I've never understood why people love that paint scheme so much. There's nothing wrong with it but I think almost any other 28 Yates car was nicer looking.
I like it, but I like the normal Texaco scheme much better, I think it just looks better over the white/blk

Back
Top Bottom