Darlington Throwbacks 2017

This is the race that makes the old fan base feel warm and fuzzy.

I think they will be warm and fuzzy until they get a look at them as they are downright Friday the 13th scary. Put them boys in The Walking Dead and they would not look out of place.

DHR1TxMUAAIN1eV.jpg:large

DHR1TxMUMAMDKBC.jpg:large

that 48 is sexy AF so is the 10. I am so happy that they do this.

That was my favorite.

Back when I worked at Lowe's I had three 1:64 diecasts on my computer at work. Johnson's 48, Skinner's 31, and Bodine's 11. Everyone always asked me about the 11 car, they had never seen it before

I agree as most people completely forget that Brett was the original Lowe's driver.

You think Ford Credit is legitimate sponsorship? I don't. I have no proof, could be wrong, but I think you are dreamin'.

It is possible but I would think that if SHR had a race with no sponsorship they would give the date to Aspen Dental who really stepped up after the fig bar fiasco. That makes more sense to me then SHR just pulling an old DJ scheme out for fun.

If Ford Credit is on the car, some dough is changing hands. They are not going to put a sponsor on the quarter panel without some cash on the hood.

I can't decide among the 2(love the Midnight paint) --- the 10(so memorable) ---- or the 88( that old AC Delco was cool)
I know what you mean so many good choices, it's going to be interesting to see who wins. I'm guessing the 88. He wins pretty much everything. :D

It is possible but I would think that if SHR had a race with no sponsorship they would give the date to Aspen Dental who really stepped up after the fig bar fiasco. That makes more sense to me then SHR just pulling an old DJ scheme out for fun.
It's speculation because I have no inside information, but I'm guessing Aspen Dental has already gotten double the number of races for way less than double the money. How far they "stepped up" in number of races and amount of dollars is not necessarily the same.

It's speculation because I have no inside information, but I'm guessing Aspen Dental has already gotten double the number of races for way less than double the money. How far they "stepped up" in number of races and amount of dollars is not necessarily the same.

I agree as with as fragile as sponsorships and other funding is today it is anyone's guess as to what is actually taking place.

Don't forget this throwback as Halloween is coming early with these geriatrics belting out the national anthem and a big 'ol "Giddy Up, Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow" to Y'all. Hot doggie Uncle Jed it just don't get no better!!!

View attachment 28719
When did Dennis Condrey(Loverboy Dennis) of The Midnight Express join the Oak Ridge Boys?

Why are both Newman and Dillon doing the same throwbacks? I have to say I do believe that Danica's is my favorite for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom