Darlington Throwbacks 2017

Don't forget this throwback as Halloween is coming early with these geriatrics belting out the national anthem and a big 'ol "Giddy Up, Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow" to Y'all. Hot doggie Uncle Jed it just don't get no better!!!

orb_8_22_600.jpg

I like that they do the throwbacks but alot of them are dumb. I understand not being able to get the sponsor but I wish they had a bit more collaboration in that matter. Also agree the 20 Xfinity car makes no sense, at least do a classic 20 scheme. Also don't like doing a Indy car theme, Joey's car looks good and I get the Penske Indy connection but this is NASCAR. Also while we're at it go all throwback and run a traditional race, enjoy the stages but just sayin.

Don't forget this throwback as Halloween is coming early with these geriatrics belting out the national anthem and a big 'ol "Giddy Up, Oom Poppa Oom Poppa Mow Mow" to Y'all. Hot doggie Uncle Jed it just don't get no better!!!

View attachment 28719
I have no idea who any of those guys are

I was at the original throwback race and it was awesome. I think it should only be done every few years though as it's kinda lost its specialty to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that they do the throwbacks but alot of them are dumb. I understand not being able to get the sponsor but I wish they had a bit more collaboration in that matter. Also agree the 20 Xfinity car makes no sense, at least do a classic 20 scheme. Also don't like doing a Indy car theme, Joey's car looks good and I get the Penske Indy connection but this is NASCAR. Also while we're at it go all throwback and run a traditional race, enjoy the stages but just sayin.

I love the throwback stuff, as it takes a lot for sponsors to modify their sponsorship, even for one race... BUT, I do think this is going to become a common thing in coming years with more and more off the wall "throwbacks" which may not make a lot of sense...It's going to get to a point where so many notable schemes of yesteryear have been done... and then you'll see sponsors doing stuff that makes no sense.

We've already seen about every classic Miller Brewing scheme in some fashion or another, just to name a quick example... a good amount of schemes worth remembering from my 25 years as a fan as been touched on I feel...

I love the throwback stuff, as it takes a lot for sponsors to modify their sponsorship, even for one race... BUT, I do think this is going to become a common thing in coming years with more and more off the wall "throwbacks" which may not make a lot of sense...It's going to get to a point where so many notable schemes of yesteryear have been done... and then you'll see sponsors doing stuff that makes no sense.

We've already seen about every classic Miller Brewing scheme in some fashion or another, just to name a quick example... a good amount of schemes worth remembering from my 25 years as a fan as been touched on I feel...
Yeah, I am kind of over all the Miller schemes now.

Looks like the graphics guy just picked the first number font he could find and said F%#k it.

Lowes has had some beautiful cars. I guess no one wants to drive a Brett Bodine, Mike Skinner or Robby Gordon throwback. That's has to be the reason.
Well yeah, because that would make just too much sense.

I'd love to see a Mike skinner tjrowback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom