Darlington Throwbacks 2017

Id rather a handful of them run their normal schemes. Switching the base colors is not a throwback. If it's not the original colors you're not throwing it back to anything... let's be honest.

I get that it's a huge deal for the sponsors to change the look of the cars, but if it's that much of a concern for them to step off their branding colors for this one event, then it's not worth it. Run your 2017 primary. Several throwbacks this year and several special schemes that just look confusing.

The 17 honestly leads the way for what I'm saying. Love, love waltrips western auto cars, one of them makes my top five if asked, but this stenhouse car is a hot mess.

I'll be sure to boo every time Stenhouse drives by. I probably will shoot the bird a couple of times at the TV also.

As much fun as the throwbacks are, I feel like the novelty is wearing off. Wouldn't be surprised if the sponsors stop agreeing to run them in the near future.

Erik Jones' paint scheme for Road America:

Attachments

• IMG_5823.PNG
    IMG_5823.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 225
As much fun as the throwbacks are, I feel like the novelty is wearing off. Wouldn't be surprised if the sponsors stop agreeing to run them in the near future.
Theres just a limited number of iconic paint schemes to choose from

They'll run out of them before too long or have to do ones that only a few remember or ever saw.

true. the novelty has worn off already. They're just digging up any scheme whatsoever that ran and then the sponsor is switching the colors at this point to where half of them are not throwbacks ... this now needs to be referred as the Darlington "fictional" race.

The Oak Ridge Boys. I think they had a hit country song about 40 years ago give or take. I am not sure why they picked them.

Remember when I was like 9 my parent dragged me and my sister to one of their concerts. Only song at the time I even knew from them was Elvira (I know they had a crapton of hits, but yea lol). It was the last song they sang. I fell asleep during the concert once lol.

He nor Suarez are running throwback schemes.

Weird. The Interstate throwback was welcomed relief from the green zebra scheme. I often wonder who are they throwing back to? If you believe the hype, the kids they are trying to attract would see no significance in throwback schemes.....so, is all of this throwback business for the fans who are no longer here (in theory)? ....and please keep Squier out of the booth. It's just painful.

Weird. The Interstate throwback was welcomed relief from the green zebra scheme. I often wonder who are they throwing back to? If you believe the hype, the kids they are trying to attract would see no significance in throwback schemes.....so, is all of this throwback business for the fans who are no longer here (in theory)? ....and please keep Squier out of the booth. It's just painful.

Should be happy, I don't recall a car winning with a retro scheme since its inception.

Back
Top Bottom