Daytona 2024 Pre-Race Thread

From Jayski
The four drivers currently listed in backups all starting in the back anyway #12-Blany(32nd); #8-Busch(34th) #31-Hemric(37th), #10-Gragson(38th). Keselowski, Dillon, Herbst, Haley teams plan to repair their primary cars.

Not so bold prediction - the better a car finished Thursday night, the fewer laps it will run in practice. The most laps willbe run by the backups and repaired.

Tbh. If I still went to races and everything, I’d hate. With ARCA it probably doesn’t matter THAT much, as I doubt people are buying tickets just for the ARCA race, but man if they moved a race you wanted to see, before you had time to leave and really get to the track would suck. Only bad thing about moving it up a day.

NASCAR has decent customer service at times compared to other sports. I dunno what to think of moving up races all the time.

Weather channel is still calling Sunday a washout but NOAA is saying showers mainly before 1 and chance of showers after that. Still looking like a Monday race but looking slightly better now.

Reactions: Pat
Did anyone here have tix for either the Clash or this Saturday? Nowadays if you buy your tix from the track, they'll have your email and phone number. If you have tix, did you receive an email, text, or call about the schedule changes?

NASCAR is really building the good will with these last-minute ticket adjustments.

Weather channel is still calling Sunday a washout but NOAA is saying showers mainly before 1 and chance of showers after that. Still looking like a Monday race but looking slightly better now.
If ARCA is rained out tonight, it is scheduled for Monday. The same with Xfinity, scheduled for after ARCA on Monday.

Justin Marks’ checkbook saves the day
Might need it again after Xfinity qualifying.

With all Justin has vested in him, SURELY he had a car good enough to make a 34-car ARCA field. Is he going to learn enough running around in the back tonight to keep from getting run over in the X race (whenever it's run)?

Might need it again after Xfinity qualifying.

With all Justin has invested in him, how did he fail to make a 34-car ARCA field? Is he going to learn enough tonight to keep from getting run over in the X race (whenever it's run)?
ARCA Q isn’t televised, but the report said he got a poor launch on pit road, lost the draft, and never really had much of a chance…apparently they still use group qualifying at the superspeedways.

say please.
Look man, I’m just trying to understand what you mean. Because she’s in the Truck race, I believe 13th? So do you mean knocked out a round because that’s all it can be. Which if the case,she did better than a good bit of the other people.

'Knocked out' may have been a poor choice of phrase. That usually is used to indicate 'knocked out if the race', not ' failed to advance to the second round' as you used it.
To be fair to him, I guess they do call it Knockout qualifying I think, maybe I’m wrong lol. But yeah I definitely didn’t think of that at first

Look man, I’m just trying to understand what you mean. Because she’s in the Truck race, I believe 13th? So do you mean knocked out a round because that’s all it can be. Which if the case,she did better than a good bit of the other people.
I didn't appreciate the smart ass remark. You weren't paying attention probably to the qualifying process in which the goal of the first round was to be in the top ten fastest to race for the pole. Breindinger was knocked out of the top ten and I posted it.

I didn't appreciate the smart ass remark. You weren't paying attention probably to the qualifying process in which the goal of the first round was to be in the top ten fastest to race for the pole. Breindinger was knocked out of the top ten and I posted it.
Really man? You give plenty of those around here.

But yeah, it still didn’t make Charlie wrong. He said some, and I believe 13th is definitely better than some, if not most of them.

Tell ya what, I post a lot and you can take it any way you choose. Once again, I posted that Breidinger got knocked out of round 2. If feathers want to get ruffled over that so be it.

Back
Top Bottom