Daytona 2024 Pre-Race Thread

Tell ya what, I post a lot and you can take it any way you choose. Once again, I posted that Breidinger got knocked out of round 2. If feathers want to get ruffled over that so be it.
No feathers ruffled lol. I’m just pointing out Charlie wasn’t wrong. So if YOUR feathers are ruffled, so be it man.

I'd like these guys to get more seat time so they'll stay up to date. I loved DW's early years but toward the end, he hadn't been in a car in decades. Gordon at least had that stint as Jr.'s sub, but Burton hasn't been in a car for too long. Jr. gets in an X car occasionally; that's better than nothing but it isn't a Cup seat.

The networks have been using X broadcasts to audition drivers for booth slots. Since there's a development process, I'd like to see drivers replaced after a couple of contracts. At that point, I think they've been out too long to be relevant. Crew chiefs in the booth should probably be dropped qicker, depending on when NASCAR changes cars.

One idjit's opinions.

No comment 😁
1708126382235.png

The draft giveth, the draft taketh away. Damned be the name of the draft.

Remind me, haven't the Fords done the best job of hanging together as a manufacturer's team for the last few years?

He should be showing up in 3-2-1. ;)
LOL. You are awesome man. Laughing my ass off. Love this sport.....and would love to sit in the grandstands with all of my people here. Seriously.
We’re going to hear a lot from him this year, I’m afraid. The Toyotas are looking sporty and from what I’ve heard about the Phoenix test they were way ahead there too.
Please sweet baby Jesus.
I had the volume down last night so Darling Bride could snooze on the couch.

Harvick is terrific.
I am getting used to Harv. I think when the ignores Clint, and does his own thing....he is really good.

The track's had it's first coat of rain already. I hope everyone enjoyed yesterday's wreckfests; that's all we'll get before Sunday evening at the earliest. Clear Monday but wind gusts to 25mph. 😲

I guess I'll just have to spend more time birding!

The track's had it's first coat of rain already. I hope everyone enjoyed yesterday's wreckfests; that's all we'll get before Sunday evening at the earliest. Clear Monday but wind gusts to 25mph.

I guess I'll just have to spend more time birding!

We have “The Biggest Week in Birding” around Toledo by the lake. I guess it’s the biggest migratory path in America, where they cross the lake from Canada. Thousands of people come to the lake shore for the week

Yep, I’m betting on a Monday race. Wow the Yota‘s all drafted well together. That nose must enable them to slipstream and create a secret portal vortex that NASCAR didn’t catch. Maybe there will be an investigation next week 😉.

I just hope they give us some good interviews and behind the scenes coverage during the rain delays. I sure hope they don't show any of the past races. If I want to see past racing, I will go to YouTube. They should have some good behind the scenes footage from some of the shops and a look into the personal lives of some of the drivers and crew chiefs just to show during long rain delays. I enjoy getting to know more about these individuals and their families.

Reactions: Pat
I can pretty much guarantee that they will be showing last years 500 tomorrow afternoon.

• Sad
We have “The Biggest Week in Birding” around Toledo by the lake. I guess it’s the biggest migratory path in America, where they cross the lake from Canada. Thousands of people come to the lake shore for the week
Yeah, that's on my list!

I’d guess a start time between 4-5 PM ET on Monday if it gets washed out tomorrow, similar to the 2020 event.

Setting up for a 5pm cup start but I would not be surprised if, given it's Daytona and both X and Cup were rained out, they run X then clear the grandstands and do Cup multiple hours later

Setting up for a 5pm cup start but I would not be surprised if, given it's Daytona and both X and Cup were rained out, they run X then clear the grandstands and do Cup multiple hours later
The track will probably announce that Cup tickets will get you into the Xfinity race.

Back
Top Bottom