Daytona 2024 Pre-Race Thread

Hearing Clint talk about going into a Love's and seeing the "Daytona 500 Champion Michael McDowell" stuff everywhere reminds me of when I went into a Love's the week after that race - I think it was the following weekend. I said to the cashier "The Love's car won the Daytona 500! How cool is that?" And she goes "Yeah, it's pretty cool I guess. I figured we would have at least gotten a piece of cake of something . . . but we haven't gotten anything." 😆

I think she's right - they should have at least gotten a piece of cake.

1707964952404.png

Wild, Jimmie Johnson has to race his way into the 500. I know he’s part time now but actually expected a tad more from Toyota as a whole

A wood brothers car fast at daytona isn't a shock

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
With the driver they have behind the wheel, them being fast anywhere is a surprise imo but maybe I’m not paying enough attention

With the driver they have behind the wheel, them being fast anywhere is a surprise imo but maybe I’m not paying enough attention
All you're doing is asking him not to screw it up. Hold it wide open and keep it on the line

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Let's see how those rice burners handle in the duels tomorrow before we get too worried.

I'm liking the Toyota fud in here. Bottom out sentiment then sideline the doubters when it matters.

That’s what happens when you run Atlanta SS 2x & have the Clash at a different track other than Daytona.
Fox didn’t give a **** about Daytona Speedweeks when the Clash was at Daytona.

They haven’t cared since SPEED became FS1.

I don’t think there’s been a care in the NASCAR world since 2016, maybe 2013-2014.
Right around the time SPEED disappeared.

The RTA wanting to cut costs to the point that Daytona becomes just another race doesn’t help.

Do Daytona 500 Pole Qualifying and ARCA on the Saturday before, or even Super Bowl Sunday and aim to be done by 4pm. (Can be done, Fox drew 1.77 million viewers for the Caitlin Clark Experience on Sunday up against CBS Super Biwl pregame coverage).

The Clash doesn’t need to go back to Daytona. And the RTA will stand against it.

Back
Top Bottom