Daytona 500 Pole Day

@NASCARONFOX: .@DaleJr & @dennyhamlin have failed #NASCAR post-qualifying inspection. 88 too low on left front, 11 had track bar violation. #DAYTONA500

:oops:

NASCAR is being by a dude who couldn't even finish a simple bachelor's degree.

Doesn't mean a thing. Take pretty much any of the retired drivers (the overwhelming majority of which lack any formal credentials), put them in charge, and things would be much better. It's all about truly knowing the sport and understanding the fans.

That didn't stop Big Bill from starting NASCAR. It hasn't stopped plenty of other people from being incredibly successful, and having one hasn't kept plenty of people from asking if you want fries. I agree he would benefit from it, but I don't see it as a requirement. Now if you want to talk about his apparent lack of common sense...

For the record, I have bachelor's degree.
Some of the most successful folks in the business world never graduated high school....... a piece of parchment doesn't guarantee a person has enough horse sense to get in out of the rain.

The only person that should have pulled out is Bill France, Jr.
abr.gif

Heh, heh, heh...

Patrick's the big story for '13. Wins the pole.

Dillon and the return of the 3 last year. Wins the pole.

Gordon's the big story with his last Daytona 500. Wins the pole.

What a surprise, huh?
I bet, in a shocking turn of events, Chase Elliott wins the Pole for the Daytona 500 next year.

At least with Danica and Dillon it was more controlled with the single cars.

I dont see how you can lump in Gordon when this silly thing is like a russian roulette.

23 straight years with at least one pole. Incredible feat.

The streak that never ended. Gordon will take it to the bank.

Will there be a replay? I missed qualifying of course so I had to go the jayski route.
I DVR'd it and caught all of the meaningful action within about ten minutes. The rest you can see in the parking lot at the local Wal-Mart.

Based on the last 3 years, you are 100% correct sir.
4 out of 5 if you throw in Jr winning the 2011 pole, coinciding with the 10 year anniversary of his father's passing. Remember, Junior was coming off two terrible seasons when he won that pole, that 88 bunch wasn't nearly as strong then as they are now.

I DVR'd it and caught all of the meaningful action within about ten minutes. The rest you can see in the parking lot at the local Wal-Mart.
I don't know about where you live, but here no one sits around in the Wally lot, afraid he'll get out before the rest.

I don't know about where you live, but here no one sits around in the Wally lot, afraid he'll get out before the rest.
Two, one that's in the hood (I try to get out of there as quick as possible) and one that's full of old people (very similar to what today was).

That didn't stop Big Bill from starting NASCAR. It hasn't stopped plenty of other people from being incredibly successful, and having one hasn't kept plenty of people from asking if you want fries. I agree he would benefit from it, but I don't see it as a requirement. Now if you want to talk about his apparent lack of common sense...

For the record, I have bachelor's degree.

My point more feeds into that last point. The guy couldn't finish school when he had tons of money to pay tuition and not a reason to have to leave and work. It shows that he didn't have the smarts to complete something that should've been easy for him to do. It's just one (small) thing on his resume that points to him being a raging moron.

My point more feeds into that last point. The guy couldn't finish school when he had tons of money to pay tuition and not a reason to have to leave and work. It shows that he didn't have the smarts to complete something that should've been easy for him to do. It's just one (small) thing on his resume that points to him being a raging moron.
At UCF no less. :XXROFL:

I sure do hope I am on list for the Fan Council survey for the 500.

Someone throw DW a wig please....although he looks pretty fitting in this circus that NASCAR calls qualifying!

Back
Top Bottom