Daytona 500 RACE thread

the winter olympics is going to bury them in ratings this year, but whoever didn't watch missed a heck of a race

Yawn the silver spoon stupid cowboy hat wearing moron won. At least he didn't do that dumb grass sliding celebration.

Aric had no problem in the #10's equipment. Guess it really the lack of talent in it previously lol He's going to win a race this year.
No, he did the grass slide, barely went anywhere this time

Congrats to Austin Dillon and RCR on winning the Daytona 500. Hate to see the race decided by someone getting walled, but you could see that coming the entire weekend.

Shame for Blaney who put a whipping on the field, and Almirola who looked like he had made the winning moves to get the lead.

Product of plate racing.

Wait so that was all the post race we get for the 500?
Yes, there is no Victory Lane, but to recap, there is no post race show for the biggest race of the NASCAR season, and one of the biggest in auto racing, I cant wait for NBC to be back.

I feel like this will sooth over time tbh. I'm already over it. I dont like that, but it IS the f****** Daytona 500.

These young guys want to prove themselves.

How about Ryan Blaney DOMINATING this thing?

My bold prediction was Blaney is Penske's top performer of the season

Check dalejrs twitter. Don't think he has a problem with what ad did

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I feel like this will sooth over time tbh. I'm already over it. I dont like that, but it IS the f****** Daytona 500.

IDK how well the Penske's will do next week. Unless they found something, they might have blown a good chance for a win

I was really impressed with the way Alex Bowman raced today. His last restart was bad, but right before it they showed an in car shot and he was tapping on his right leg like it might have been cramping or going to sleep....I know how that feels after driving a lot of miles.

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck 59s59 seconds ago
I'm frustrated and puzzled by your responses to my Almirola tweet. He practically laughed in my face after I asked if Dillon was too aggressive. In HIS words, he said Dillon was coming with a big run and he tried to block it, and they were both trying to win the 500.

I fully expect guys like Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, Alex Bowman, Kyle Larson and Erik Jones to win plenty this year. There’s a lot more parity in the field with all these hungry young guns, and even vets like Almirola in new rides could have a resurgence.

The old guard isn’t going anywhere, but I don’t expect anyone to run away with it like Truex did last year.

Then again, we’ll see who shows up at Atlanta.

He’s gonna win plenty this year. I’m excited.

I'm frustrated and puzzled by your responses to my Almirola tweet. He practically laughed in my face after I asked if Dillon was too aggressive. In HIS words, he said Dillon was coming with a big run and he tried to block it, and they were both trying to win the 500.
This. I guess if AA is ok with things I will be. Still don't like AD.
Anyone know why Denny got into bubba after the race?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

not so sure that is a good thing, time will tell, but he might continue to get dumped a lot if he doesn't get salty some times

He's a former racer not a sports business expert...we will be seeing plenty of empty seats and mediocre ratings all season long. Seats and stands being removed from tracks. Sponsors are harder and harder to come by but yeah nevermind Dale is right...everything is fine. NASCAR is fine.

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.

✔@DaleJr

Sure, Dad turned a few. Several actually, if you count before the Cup days. Don’t be so sensitive.

I haven’t even seen the finish. Left when the 88 was taken out. Happy for RC either way.

Hahaha he think's there is going to be a miracle NASCAR resurgence and couldn't even be bothered to stay for the end of the race haha

I do think Austin has a receipt coming from Aric and that will be interesting to watch over the course of the year

Back
Top Bottom