Daytona 500 RACE thread

Keep thinking that...those rose colored glasses are getting rosier. Viewership was down quite a bit this year, I'd say I'm not in the minority in thinking that was crap.
Honestly dont care what the TV ratings say, people watch racing now in totally different ways then just sitting in front of a box. I saw a sold out race. Now as for my rose colored glasses, I like them better then having the pair you wear which obviously are the color of what you drop in the toilet. You cant wait to say something negative, its who you are and I'll take my attitude over yours everyday of the week and let me tell you, its served me well and got me a long way in life.

Honestly dont care what the TV ratings say, people watch racing now in totally different ways then just sitting in front of a box. I saw a sold out race. Now as for my rose colored glasses, I like them better then having the pair you wear which obviously are the color of what you drop in the toilet. You cant wait to say something negative, its who you are and I'll take my attitude over yours everyday of the week and let me tell you, its served me well and got me a long way in life.
I'm a realist.

Just finished watching the race. Had to pvr it. First time I haven' watched the 500 live in 25 years. Thought it was a fantastic race. Most I've enjoyed one start to finish in ages.

That's because you were able to fast foward all the commercials and caution laps. It's how I watch every week and it's the only way I can watch anymore.

Yeah especially when wrecks are what draw in casual viewers.
You're probably right about that. Watch any local TV station's Sports segment the night of a race. When they cover the race (if they even cover the race), all they show are that day's wrecks and the winner crossing the finish line.

You're probably right about that. Watch any local TV station's Sports segment the night of a race. When they cover the race (if they even cover the race), all they show are that day's wrecks and the winner crossing the finish line.

Pretty much all Sports Center shows as well.

Dale jr didn’t race and he still received the loudest cheer. Chase was 2nd and Kyle received the most boos. Saw a lot of people wearing Jr tees. Chase had the longest line at the trailers.

Reactions: Pat
About the 500 yesterday. If you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all.....

Retiring the old one was years in the making! I said I'd keep it way back when till it was finally over, at least I stick by my word haha
ah there is always this :p 14 years in cup..no title
quote-it-s-an-amazing-confidence-boost-when-you-have-that-swagger-of-knowing-when-you-pull-denny-hamlin-129-96-36.jpg

really, I'm shocked, first time I heard you were displeased. :D may I ask why?
Because I think restrictor plate racing as currently constituted is a joke and Sunday's race didn't do anything to change my opinion. To me, it's a skewed reality of what racing is, kind of like Days of Thunder and Talladega Nights were. Watching guys ping pong around trying to block three lanes of oncoming traffic is NOT my idea of a race.

I heard they were going to turn Daytona into a dirt track. Earnhardt Jr said he would come back and race it if it was dirt...in a Dodge

I'm late but had been travelling and managed to watch the race last night without getting the result spoiled, so yay for me.

-plate racing in a nutshell-that race, it's one giant clusterf*** that has no bearing on the rest of the season
-yeah, stage racing is so great, we're halfway through the race and most of the contenders are gone
-Fox didn't mention this at all (more on them in a second), but before the stage finishes everyone 15th to 20th on back intentionally stayed some seconds back of the lead group to not get caught up in the wreck, which did happen
-talking actual racing, I thought it was an actual improvement, cars at the back end of the lead draft could and did lose the lead draft
-I stick up for the little guy, but 12 or so to go you have Brendan Gaughan, Chris Buescher, and Matt DiBenedetto in the top 7. Almirola led with half a lap to go and had done absolutely nothing to that point the whole race.
-Fox had a bad broadcast. What matters most in a plate race as far as consequences is losing the lead draft and running by yourself. They very rarely tackled this. Larson at one point looking at the timing went from back of the lead draft to a lap down. What happened? No idea. And this is later in the race where one less car in the lead draft means one less contender for the win, and before Byron's wreck that screwed up everything it was down to 14 I think.
-Also, they had 2 larger wrecks, 2 big long prearranged caution breaks, other caution periods, and Fox had to have 4 commercial breaks late in the race in about a 20 to 25 lap span when it looked like Stage 3 would go green the whole time. That's bad management by the director.
-Mark Thompson and D.J. Kennington finished ahead of Kyle Busch.

Is Reba broke? Desperate? Geez. I'm suicidal here. That commercial is AWFUL!!!! Please someone... KILL IT!!! It may spawn more misery!!!

Her son Shelby Blackstock races in Indy Lights. Maybe it's to pay for his ride.

Back
Top Bottom