Daytona 500 RACE thread

He's a former racer not a sports business expert...we will be seeing plenty of empty seats and mediocre ratings all season long. Seats and stands being removed from tracks. Sponsors are harder and harder to come by but yeah nevermind Dale is right...everything is fine. NASCAR is fine.
I’m pretty sure he sees a corner turned because Danica is finally gone. Just didn’t want to say it.

I’m sure that’s it.

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.

✔@DaleJr

Sure, Dad turned a few. Several actually, if you count before the Cup days. Don’t be so sensitive.

I haven’t even seen the finish. Left when the 88 was taken out. Happy for RC either way.
Good to see that Dale has taken after his own fans by bailing once the #88 is out. ;)

Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.

✔@DaleJr

Sure, Dad turned a few. Several actually, if you count before the Cup days. Don’t be so sensitive.

I haven’t even seen the finish. Left when the 88 was taken out. Happy for RC either way.
How many did Dale hook from the right rear head first into the wall at 200MPH with the entire field behind him?

gg5wQmk.png

say what you want about NBC but atleast they have good post race shows and would still be on the air right on nbc sports network unlike Fox for the biggest race of the year.
Yeah, someone else that gets it, one reason why I like NBC , they devote time for post race coverage, about 2 hours most races.

I would rather have pre race coverage then post race coverage... after the race is over I already know what happed I don't need someone to tell me about it. I would rather come on here and watch all of the melt downs. But, with Danica gone there will be less of them to entertain me.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: sdj
I don't think I'm as upset as some for what happened because I'm just thrilled that Denny didn't win.....seriously.

say what you want about NBC but atleast they have good post race shows and would still be on the air right now on nbc sports network unlike Fox for the biggest race of the year.
If NBC had the Daytona 500, they probably wouldn't have had a post-race show either due to Olympics coverage.

I can't remember if they skimped on post-race coverage when NBC was covering the 2016 Summer Olympics, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I would rather have pre race coverage then post race coverage... after the race is over I already know what happed I don't need someone to tell me about it. I would rather come on here and watch all of the melt downs.:)
Ive been skipping pre the last few years unless its a Saturday night race, I would rather have after fact talk then pre hype talk.

Thats just simply not the case.

If it were, we’d have witnessed far gnarlier finishes to Daytona 500s in the past.

The flagrant disregard for driver safety tonight was repugnant.

I can understand a "bump and run" on the last lap. I can even see getting a guy loose, taking air off his spoiler. But turning someone at 200 mph isn't just sorry, it's dangerous. I'm glad nobody got hurt. Dillon will get his. What goes around comes around.

If NBC had the Daytona 500, they probably wouldn't have had a post-race show either due to Olympics coverage.

Its hard to say, first year back for NBC they had the summer Olympics, we still got some pre/post it was just cut down if I recall.

Doesn't take any talent at all to hit a guys bumper and turn him.
But that is all the talent AD has.

Reactions: sdj
Thats just simply not the case.

If it were, we’d have witnessed far gnarlier finishes to Daytona 500s in the past.

The flagrant disregard for driver safety tonight was repugnant.

getting all of the adjectives out there this year..been practicing in the off season it looks like;)

I'll be curious to see the tv ratings. We might be surprised.

I'll be curious to see the tv ratings. We might be surprised.
some are surprised every week, they use shocked a lot for the effect they think it makes. Ratings are going to be down..it is the olympics year. There is a history of lower ratings every 4 years when they are on.

I don't need Dale Jr to tell me that. The youngsters are already doing their thing

I like a bunch of the younger drivers too but that doesn't mean the sport is growing, it's been doing the complete opposite for years and that trend isn't going to be changing any time soon.

Aric is way too nice for that, and that's why I'm a big fan of his
Yea I’ve been scrolling on twitter, he seems like he’s good with what happened. Dunno for sure but he’s been classy that’s for sure through all this

Dale Jr: "I left before the finish"

Also Dale Jr: "I have a great feeling this sport is growing"
Unless NASCAR teams are way different then any other racing teams I have worked on fans would probably be pretty surprised how many drivers, owners, and crew members head to the airport or their hotel rooms as soon as their team is eliminated from the race. This is nothing unusual. The difference between going or staying could cause them to sit in traffic for a couple of hours or more. Here is a little tip for you...if you ever get the chance follow a team member to or from the track, because if there is a short cut or a back way in they will know it.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom