Daytona Firecracker Cup Series Night Pre-Race thread

I have family camping in the infield. I hate they will be on the road most of the night. It's at least a 6 hour drive. They will probably arrive home after midnight. They can't stay over tonight because of responsibilities on Monday.

That would be awesome, IMO.

I saw this article earlier.....

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...0190707-nywtn7gjrrgwzcfon7qailcwpa-story.html

Bianchi is kind of a tool, but it's worth the read
Interesting thanks. You know if they ran the race on July 4th, they wouldn’t even have any competition except baseball. And it would also check the “summer race during the week” box when the 4th falls M-F. I think this is just a bad move all around, it’s fitting IMO that the race is going out like this due to rain.

I caught Days of Thunder while waiting for the race last night. I enjoyed seeing and hearing the cars of the day. I recall when I first saw the movie that I hadn't seen that much bad driving in 90 minutes. Everything they showed I had seen in real races except two scenes, and I've seen those scenes since the movie was made. When Cole crashed the winner of a race after being wrecked reminded me of the Kenseth incident; passing while riding the wall - Edwards tried that once, it didn't work as well as the movie.

Back
Top Bottom