Daytona Firecracker Cup Series Night Pre-Race thread

At this point I'm hoping its tomorrow night.. it's my buddy's 30th birthday I'm supposed be going out after the race.. now I'm gonna have to miss the end if its tonight.. then busy tomorrow during the day too :(

Why the hell did he have to be born 30 years before a Daytona race?!! I mean.. ITS DAYTONA!! COME ON!!!

Damn! Our Q-4 session was rained out today in Epping NH so I came back to the hotel early to watch the Daytona race and it is under rain delay also.:mad:

I will take one for the team , yalls send the rain out here to me an AZ and we get some racing done.

Oh, joy. :(
DirecTV and Nexstar(owns my NBC station) are having a cat fight. :bazooka::youliketh It's been taken off the air.
I may not get to watch the race tonight. Y'all will have to keep me updated.
The same with my NBC station. I can't find a stream for the race so I'm going to try and hook up the Dish Satellite from the beast into the house.

An OTA antenna will fix the missing channel problem for tonight's race. Quick!I think there's time to hit Best Buy.

An OTA antenna will fix the missing channel problem for tonight's race. Quick!I think there's time to hit Best Buy.
I have OTA antennas but NBC is too far away with too many huge oaks in the way. I think that I've got the NBC stream working now. They just interviewed Jimmie Johnson.

Reactions: Pat
Stuck at work right before a race for the second day in a row, Mother Nature helped me out last night and delayed it until I got home. Maybe she’ll be favorable to me again tonight.

The same with my NBC station. I can't find a stream for the race so I'm going to try and hook up the Dish Satellite from the beast into the house.

Trust me, my idea I told her works. It’s the indoor ones you buy. Run to Walmart or Best Buy and get one. They might not be on the air for direct tv but they are on the air.

The only way we can get NASCAR to listen if we don't go to Daytona 2 next year. NASCAR believes it's own lies, it's hard to twist empty granstands

The water laying on the tri-oval grass is pretty crazy! That would create some unique hydroplaning opportunities......

Hmmm, no race thread.

Having that Race Thread appear is a happy sign -- and better than most other pre-race distractions and ceremonies.

wonder how long Nascar will wait around?

I remember we have started this race after 11 before and ended after 2 am.

If they’re patient enough to wait another hour, maybe track drying has a chance to get going then, looks like an opening could be there at that point... this would be IF Nascar would be ok with this race starting around 10:30ish.

I’d love to watch a late one...

great run in q3
Thanks, It would have been better but we lost #7 exhaust valve guide insert at the end of the run and caused it to drop a hole. I have the head already rebuilt and all I have to do is put a new insert in #7 and lap in a new exhaust valve in the morning and it will be ready for E-2 if we make it past E-1.:)

If they’re patient enough to wait another hour, maybe track drying has a chance to get going then, looks like rain for another hour.... this would be IF Nascar would be ok with this race starting around 10:30ish.

I’d love to watch a late one...
Too bad it’s not NASCAR’s decision, it’s NBC’s.

I have OTA antennas but NBC is too far away with too many huge oaks in the way. I think that I've got the NBC stream working now. They just interviewed Jimmie Johnson.

Good thing for the internet!

Back
Top Bottom