Daytona Firecracker Cup Series Night Pre-Race thread

I can never find anything to watch on a Saturday night.

esp in the dog days of summer when everything is reruns.you would think NBC would want to stick around and get this thing in tonight cause its a window like someone said and we have started this race past 11 before and ended past 2am so I don't see whats so diffrent now.

wonder how long Nascar will wait around?

I remember we have started this race after 11 before and ended after 2 am.

Was that the night that Juan Pablo Montoya provided an on-track fireworks show ?

What happens to all the race hobos like Kiante? Can he sleep in the infield? Do they all hit Couchsurfing or Craigslist to find a cheap sofa to sleep on?

Hey, an NBC score!!! ... a rerun of Songland is on

I guess its gonna be GTA Online, just a little bit earlier than planned.

No no no no no no no I work overnights!
I'm working 4am til 1pm...albeit a different country and time zone. It will be in the middle of my workday if all goes according to plan but I have my dish provider enabled on my phone so should be sweet.

My family is vacationing in Tampa, they drove to Daytona for the race but didn’t work out for them. My wife and I actually were supposed to be in Daytona, but some unforeseen work expenses creeped up so I had to cancel the trip last week. Feel bad it was 6hours round trip for them, but I don’t fault nascar. If you waited to run it tonight people would be pissed that it was run in the wee hours, postpone it to tomorrow people like my family are screwed. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. We got burned in 2015 when Jr won but we had to leave early (we stayed till 10pm) because we had a plane to catch and had to drive back to Orlando, learned my lesson we always stay the extra day now. Hopefully when Daytona gets this race back in the near future it’s run on July 4th 9am like it used to be.

Personally I think they could have waited a bit today......Clearly there was an agenda

OK....I'm a million miles away in NZ but reports I saw said clearing in an hour or so.....just seemed quick....I'm more than likely wrong as I was at work as well
Its almost 2 am here, Dont think they have an agenda. ;)

Back
Top Bottom