Daytona RACE thread ---

He lost his radios, had to spot "6 corners" by himself...I wonder how they used to do it back in the day, huh.
I don't know what the new rules are but not having communication with a spotter in the past has been a black flag offense until it was repaired. I've seen it happen several times over the years and wondered why they didn't make him stop and fix it.

I don't know what the new rules are but not having communication with a spotter in the past has been a black flag offense until it was repaired. I've seen it happen several times over the years and wondered why they didn't make him stop and fix it.
Excellent point.

Yeah Denny should have been in the garage getting that fixed.Nice to see that BOWTIE whoop that arse.:whoopee:

Aww poor thing.

Dude legitimately loses his sh!t whenever a Hendrick car beats him. I remember back in 07 how he used to cry everytime Gordon won and he finished second.
It's almost like JGR has something against HMS? Kyle Busch/ Kenseth v Khane last year comes to mind

They were overcome by "Denny" love all weekend, made me kinda pukey :bleh:

I don't really feel either way about Dale JR but I know him winning is great for the sport. I bet the ratings are up next week.

Haha, that one guy thought Kyle Busch just went and changed his paintjob real quick lol.
That's not a bad idea. As easy as it is to change wraps now. They could sell sponsorship for a partial race and then change the wrap during a pit stop.:)

Leave Denny alone! Christ y'all can't cut him any slack? y'all keep complaining about how drivers don't show emotion and then scold them for showing it! That was a hell of an effort, good job Denny and Jeff too.

Nope.

Well, fellers....

I'm not sure how it played on tv (with commercials and all), but in person, it was great. I know some of you hate rp races but this one was as good as any I've seen in a good while.
They raced hard every single lap. Jr and biffle and Edwards back and forth, blocking each other.... It was awesome.
Gordon came alive big time at the end and made a good run at it, which made me happy.

I'm happy for Jr. That was pretty great to see.
He raced his ass off for that one.

Here's to hoping it's gonna be a killer season.

When I get back home, I'll post a few pictures, if they're any good.

Well, fellers....

I'm not sure how it played on tv (with commercials and all), but in person, it was great. I know some of you hate rp races but this one was as good as any I've seen in a good while.
They raced hard every single lap. Jr and biffle and Edwards back and forth, blocking each other.... It was awesome.
Gordon came alive big time at the end and made a good run at it, which made me happy.

I'm happy for Jr. That was pretty great to see.
He raced his ass off for that one.

Here's to hoping it's gonna be a killer season.

When I get back home, I'll post a few pictures, if they're any good.
As much as I detest plate races, I'll bet it was AWESOME in person. There's nothing like being there. :)

Tough luck for Tony Stewart.
I felt bad for him when they showed a shot of him sitting in his car in the garage area while his crew were working on his car.

I was thinking that would have been a good time to get a quick interview with him, and get his thoughts on how his car had been running.

5kLUKRZ.jpg

Tough luck for Tony Stewart.
I felt bad for him when they showed a shot of him sitting in his car in the garage area while his crew were working on his car.

I was thinking that would have been a good time to get a quick interview with him, and get his thoughts on how his car had been running.

5kLUKRZ.jpg

lol And be sure to ask how this will affect his chances in the race.

Stay tuned..... The all new Air Titan II is set to make its debut soon at a track near you.

They may need it here this weekend, rain in the forecast at PIR saturday and sunday. I dont care if it rains 10 inches I wont leave till they race :)

They may need it here this weekend, rain in the forecast at PIR saturday and sunday. I dont care if it rains 10 inches I wont leave till they race :)
Not going to be there this weekend. I think April is when it's to be ready. It's only Monday. I wouldn't put a lot of faith into a forecast 5 days out. Mite often than not they aren't all that accurate.

Not going to be there this weekend. I think April is when it's to be ready. It's only Monday. I wouldn't put a lot of faith into a forecast 5 days out. Mite often than not they aren't all that accurate.

Yah Im not gonna worry too much, storms seldom hang around here for long anyway. They had the Titan here for the last chase race, got to look it over and was surprised at how simple it really is

You enjoy the race weekend ?

Awesome time, other than the Duels. Truck and NW were great, but I have to say New Smyrna had the best racing all week. They have their own speed weeks and guys show up from all over the country and Canada. Check the random thread for a few pics.

Awesome time, other than the Duels. Truck and NW were great, but I have to say New Smyrna had the best racing all week. They have their own speed weeks and guys show up from all over the country and Canada. Check the random thread for a few pics.

Glad you had a good time, was afraid you might have gotten washed away. Will check out the pictures

lol I didn't leave my hotel until they started drying the track for the night races. I was an hour away, so it put me in my seat for intro's.

Hell if I ever went to Daytona I would sleep under the grandstands to make sure I didnt miss anything

Hell if I ever went to Daytona I would sleep under the grandstands to make sure I didnt miss anything

I'm a little crowd a phobic, so sitting while packed like a sardine has it's limits for me.

I was real disappointed at how little room DIS gives you. Everyone has to stagger shoulders while your knees practically touch the seat in front of you, and I'm not big.

Yah Im not gonna worry too much, storms seldom hang around here for long anyway. They had the Titan here for the last chase race, got to look it over and was surprised at how simple it really is
Yes it is. I was checking it out when I was at Martinsville last fall. It was parked outside the track. Not enough room to park much in the infield.

I'm a little crowd a phobic, so sitting while packed like a sardine has it's limits for me.

I was real disappointed at how little room DIS gives you. Everyone has to stagger shoulders while your knees practically touch the seat in front of you, and I'm not big.
The seats, I swear, were built for 10 year-olds from back in the 50s. Fortunately, part of the renovation project is to put in expanded seats all along the fronstretch.

The seats, I swear, were built for 10 year-olds from back in the 50s. Fortunately, part of the renovation project is to put in expanded seats all along the fronstretch.

It really is criminal what they give you for the price. The hot dogs, on the other hand, are a meal for 2 and it tasted great. I think it was $7 and I couldn't finish it.

Its tight at Phoenix too at least for the cup race, its a real pain in the ass when people have to get up every 10 seconds. we always get aisle seats and that helps some. There was a young lady at the last cup race that got up at least 50 times during the race, I started counting after 10 or so :laugh:

I think they are sending the old ones down here too Phoenix from what I heard anyway

Its tight at Phoenix too at least for the cup race, its a real pain in the ass when people have to get up every 10 seconds. we always get aisle seats and that helps some. There was a young lady at the last cup race that got up at least 50 times during the race, I started counting after 10 or so :laugh:

I'm happy Phoenix isn't on my list.

All that stuff makes New Smyrna even more impressive. Great racing, lots of room, clean and large restroom and good food and drinks at a reasonable price. This may upset some, but I would sooner make the trip for their speed weeks than I would Daytona. Daytona? Been there, done that and what channel is it on.

I'm happy Phoenix isn't on my list.

All that stuff makes New Smyrna even more impressive. Great racing, lots of room, clean and large restroom and good food and drinks at a reasonable price. This may upset some, but I would sooner make the trip for their speed weeks than I would Daytona. Daytona? Been there, done that and what station is it on.

Yah dont get me wrong I have the time of my life everytime I go to the races but there are some benefits to that TV :cool:

Yah dont get me wrong I have the time of my life everytime I go to the races but there are some benefits to that TV :cool:

I'll still go to M'ville, Bristol, Richmond and Darlinington. I had planned to hit Talladega, but not anymore. I don't enjoy plate racing enough to make another trip like that.

Back
Top Bottom