Daytona RACE thread ---

The seats, I swear, were built for 10 year-olds from back in the 50s. Fortunately, part of the renovation project is to put in expanded seats all along the fronstretch.
They are far better than the seats at the Brickyard, theirs are folding metal card table chairs sitting on narrow concrete ledges and that is in the highest price sections, $160 a seat in the NW Vista Deck. We loved the atmosphere, camping and racing but they will have to change the seats before we go back.

My wife and I had seats in the Weatherly or DePalma towers, aisle seats for 17 consecutive years from 1978-1994. I don't think the problem is narrow seats....I think it's wide asses. If you have any doubts go to the refreshment stands and gauge their width as they order their chili and hot dogs.:)

Will Junior winning make my future Martinsville tickets go up in price?

Will Junior winning make my future Martinsville tickets go up in price?

Probably not unless he makes a habit of it, We will be buying next years race ticket very early just in case ;)

My wife and I had seats in the Weatherly or DePalma towers, aisle seats for 17 consecutive years from 1978-1994. I don't think the problem is narrow seats....I think it's wide asses. If you have any doubts go to the refreshment stands and gauge their width as they order their chili and hot dogs.:)
155 pounds...no wide ass here.

Even if they did they are still a bargain. I recently bout two of my seats @ Martinsville for the price of one of my Bristol seats. Martinsville puts on a much better race.

Damn straight, and they give you plenty of room. Leaving your seat isn't a bother to anyone.

fender......you -n- buddies need ta do at least 1 infield in motorhome at daytona or dega.
whole diff experience.

Nobody looked comfortable.

Back when I was going more times than not I wished people would use their seats. Nearly everybody stood up every time the cars were about to move down the track in front of us. After a wreck everybody stood up for ten minutes. It just takes one prick jumping up to start a wave which is always blocking someone else's view.

Back when I was going more times than not I wished people would use their seats. Nearly everybody stood up every time the cars were about to move down the track in front of us. After a wreck everybody stood up for ten minutes. It just takes one prick jumping up to start a wave which is always blocking someone else's view.

M'ville is heaven compared to DIS.

Damn straight, and they give you plenty of room. Leaving your seat isn't a bother to anyone.

When I first started going to Martinsville the grandstands were just concrete slabs in a step formation with numbers painted on them to determine where your seat was.
A seat cushion was mandatory. ;)

When I first started going to Martinsville the grandstands were just concrete slabs in a step formation with numbers painted on them to determine where your seat was.

Absolutely. I use a $5 granny chair cushion from Walmart. My back demands it.

Yep....I started going to Bristol in 1962. There were concrete bleachers and a big crowd was 20,000. Seats were $6.00 and $4.00 if you wanted tire dust on your face. It's a different sport now......not even close to the old days.

Personally one of the reasons I never go to a race any more is because I get to see half a dozen camera angles of every move on the track after any event....even ordinary pit stops.

I'm a little crowd a phobic, so sitting while packed like a sardine has it's limits for me.

I was real disappointed at how little room DIS gives you. Everyone has to stagger shoulders while your knees practically touch the seat in front of you, and I'm not big.
I have to sit on the end of the aisle or I don't go.:D

Personally one of the reasons I never go to a race any more is because I get to see half a dozen camera angles of every move on the track after any event....even ordinary pit stops.

same here..... " been there - done that " attitude . exuberance faded ! ha!
tv has way more appeal now .

Back
Top Bottom