Deegan update

I dont know how much info you can glean from Chastain and Larson winning in the trucks but struggling in a Cars Tour race. Its not possible to judge Larson in those cars for one race. I dont know how many Chastain ran in so not sure of his record. What they are running now in Late Model set ups take some getting used to even for a seasoned driver like Larson and Ross, we know they can drive its more getting used to the feel of a car that as soon as it hits the track collapses down on to bumpstops and beats your brains out. It took a ton of practice time for Jr to get used to, Kevin Harvick even struggled. The guys who have been running it every weekend have a tremendous advantage.
Heres a look at right front suspension on the chassis we ran Saturday night. The coil over shock spring combo basically isn’t functional. If you look to the left of the coil over you see that long skinny rod with the bump stop attached to it, that’s what you’re riding on, that’s where you set your heights and once that assembly travels to its resting place it’s not coming back up like a normal shock and spring would work. The car could be sitting stationary in your pit area and you push the front end down with your hands and it would take six minutes for the front end to rise back up to its normal height.

Attachments

• 6FF4F357-12AC-4706-8DFA-224AC8F06928.jpeg
    6FF4F357-12AC-4706-8DFA-224AC8F06928.jpeg
    981 KB · Views: 85
I dont know how much info you can glean from Chastain and Larson winning in the trucks but struggling in a Cars Tour race. Its not possible to judge Larson in those cars for one race. I dont know how many Chastain ran in so not sure of his record. What they are running now in Late Model set ups take some getting used to even for a seasoned driver like Larson and Ross, we know they can drive its more getting used to the feel of a car that as soon as it hits the track collapses down on to bumpstops and beats your brains out. It took a ton of practice time for Jr to get used to, Kevin Harvick even struggled. The guys who have been running it every weekend have a tremendous advantage.

Agreed about the LMSC regulars having an advantage, but to the credit of the caliber of competition in the tour (and how challenging Late Model Stocks are), how often do Cup regulars get in Super Late Models and run up front?

Drivers also race in the Tour with a ton more respect than in the Truck Series. Jack and Danny don't put up with the BS we see in the Trucks every week.

Lol, they must not post much? The one's I usually see seem to blame everyone and everything and NASCAR for ANY issue he has.

There are a couple that seem to be grounded in reality, but some.....wow.

They blame NASCAR, or Alan Gustafson. But plenty on here blame Chase Elliott when he makes a bonehead move.

Hailie fans are just constantly moving goalposts. Now it's "she's not trying to get to Cup, she is just having fun and making cool videos." While condemning others for suggesting she's a social media influencer cosplaying as a racecar driver.

Hailie fans are just constantly moving goalposts. Now it's "she's not trying to get to Cup, she is just having fun and making cool videos." While condemning others for suggesting she's a social media influencer cosplaying as a racecar driver.
Who is saying that? the reality check is, Hailie is racing in the Truck series. She said she doesn't have the backing to race in the Xfinity series and one of her goals is to race in the Cup series. In the Balcaen clip I posted, her goal was to race in Nascar. Successful people have goals. They might not achieve those goals but it is nothing to be made fun of by trolls and people with agendas and endless axes to grind.

Lol, they must not post much? The one's I usually see seem to blame everyone and everything and NASCAR for ANY issue he has.

There are a couple that seem to be grounded in reality, but some.....wow.
Yeah I had to laugh about Elliott fans living in reality lol. Some of them are not from this world.

That is what I have been saying, If it was someone with hairy legs, it wouldn't warrent more than one or two...53 pages and counting.

Heres a look at right front suspension on the chassis we ran Saturday night. The coil over shock spring combo basically isn’t functional. If you look to the left of the coil over you see that long skinny rod with the bump stop attached to it, that’s what you’re riding on, that’s where you set your heights and once that assembly travels to its resting place it’s not coming back up like a normal shock and spring would work. The car could be sitting stationary in your pit area and you push the front end down with your hands and it would take six minutes for the front end to rise back up to its normal height.
Back to pre-COT coil binding.

How many wind-tunnel hours does that team have in the books this year?

It's pretty simple and mostly universal in all classes in the pavement world. Enough ssuspension to deal with any bumps and lay as close to the track as possible.

None. They are using Wes Burton's stuff (wesburtonperformance.com) and he's been there enough to have a really good baseline. He's buying one of their late models and they traded out.

That is what I have been saying, If it was someone with hairy legs, it wouldn't warrent more than one or two...53 pages and counting.
IF any pages. How many of the other mid-pack truck drivers even have a thread here? Yep. Exactly.

You're right and I can prove it. I have hairy legs, I'm a multiple-time nominee for the #5 Cup car, and yet no one has started a thread dedicated to me!

You're right and I can prove it. I have hairy legs, I'm a multiple-time nominee for the #5 Cup car, and yet no one has started a thread dedicated to me!
I see an opening for an agent. I think I can get you into the 42 car. We might have a chance with a kinda like the Jamaican sledding team/Jimmy Buffet angle.

None. They are using Wes Burton's stuff (wesburtonperformance.com) and he's been there enough to have a really good baseline. He's buying one of their late models and they traded out.
Aunty, we were running a 125 on the right front Saturday . Its crazy, we used to run a 450 or a 475 across the front and a 175 to a 185 on the rear, Florence and Myrtle Beach back in the day.

The motion ratio for the bumper spring looks pretty high. I’m guessing that stuff adds quite a bit to the wheel rate and allows the softest possible primary spring.

Whatever it takes to keep the splitter sealed and the hood/fender top angle as steep as possible. 😇

The motion ratio for the bumper spring looks pretty high. I’m guessing that stuff adds quite a bit to the wheel rate and allows the softest possible primary spring.

Whatever it takes to keep the splitter sealed and the hood/fender top angle as steep as possible. 😇
Had a 150 on the LR and a 360 on the RR, 125's across the front. 360 wouldnt let the weight transfer on throttle.

Maybe we can get to page 54 without mentioning Deegan.

Oops ... too late.

I don't understand why you feel one approach is bull**** compared to another approach to getting into NASCAR. ?
You kidding me? You don't understand why I think it's BS that a woman has to rely on looks, and self promotion to get funded when men only have to rely on talent?

Is it also not bull**** to claim that men and woman are treated differently in today's society as well?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's your opinion. I think it is head in the clouds B.S. myself. Racing has always been rich man's/women's sport. You two with the axe to grind go ahead and "fix" it.
Somebody wasn't paying attention. Some of the louder mouths in the sport were wanting more money. I assumed it has been solved, I haven't read anything to the contrary.
And this is exactly why it's tougher for a woman to make it in this sport, ESPECIALLY when any woman getting to this level is going to get a lot of attention. She will need to show enough ability to justify investment, like others, but she needs to be attractive and contemporary. That's what's BS about it.

This isn't the WNBA where the best female basketball players kick ass and go play pro.

You kidding me? You don't understand why I think it's BS that a woman has to rely on looks, and self promotion to get funded when men only have to rely on talent?

Is it also bull**** to claim that men and woman ARE treated definitely in today's society as well?

And we're off...

Maybe she would too if she had the talent to rely on.
Who knows, maybe she will follow in the footsteps of other drivers kids, like Stephen Wallace, Young Harry and Jeb Burton, and Jeffery Earnhardt where combining all of them together wouldn't amount to two pages.

Don't really think me and SOI'd banter was hostile or delete worthy, but whatevs

Who finishes higher at IRP, Deegan or SVG? I’ll take the first timer
If SVG doesn't qualify well and I really hope he doesn't so he gets the full affect of racing in the Truck series, Deegan will beat him. She's pretty good on short tracks when she isn't getting wrecked. Anybody falling back into 10th or worse is like falling into the pit of hell in the Truck series.

If SVG doesn't qualify well and I really hope he doesn't so he gets the full affect of racing in the Truck series, Deegan will beat him. She's pretty good on short tracks when she isn't getting wrecked. Anybody falling back into 10th or worse is like falling into the pit of hell in the Truck series.
I'll take Deegan, running that line at IRP takes practice

Anyone racing in the truck series has already fallen in the pit of hell.

Back
Top Bottom