Deegan update

I REALLY believe the best thing she could do, if Cup is the goal, is run CARS Tour during her off weekends.

Jack and Danny don't put up with the Mickey Mouse 💩 that goes on in the Craftsman Truck Series. The CARS Tour is good enough for Kevin Harvick, Kyle Larson, Dale Jr, Ross Chastain and numerous others to run.

Hell, Josh Berry came right out of the tour and became an instant Xfinity contender. No doubt in my mind Carson Kvapil would be a top-tier Xfinity driver if he made the jump next year.

Honestly, compare Josh Berry to someone like Sheldon Creed who jumped to Xfinity from the Truck Series.

The Truck Series is a joke and doesn't really develop talent very well. It really should go back to being a landing place for guys who are on the downward slope of their careers. It was great back when it had guys like Mike Skinner, Ron Hornaday, Ricky Craven, Johnny Benson, and Todd Bodine tearing it up.

RF's forum software doesn't give you the ability to see the number of posts by contributor in a thread (or at least I don't think it does). I would bet anything that SOI is the leading poster in this thread.
I'm leading poster in many threads bud. Like I said you do you and I'll do me. It's none of your business what I choose to do.

Honestly, compare Josh Berry to someone like Sheldon Creed who jumped to Xfinity from the Truck Series.

The Truck Series is a joke and doesn't really develop talent very well. It really should go back to being a landing place for guys who are on the downward slope of their careers. It was great back when it had guys like Mike Skinner, Ron Hornaday, Ricky Craven, Johnny Benson, and Todd Bodine tearing it up.

Her performances in SRX are evidence that moving out of Trucks would be beneficial to her, short term and long term.

It's just me but I tend to look sideways at people who think they can predict the future. I see somebody waving their hands over a crystal ball lol. Hell it all depends on so many things for a racer to keep racing but if the finances aren't there it doesn't care if they are good or bad or shades between. Stick n ballers have a problem with that one. It's all they know to compare it too. Got to be first round draft pick or some $hit. Racing is different from Go Karts up.

What argument are you even making? Hailie Deegan isn't some upstart talented driver who lacks the funding to move up. She's not Josh Berry or Ross Chastain.

She's a mediocre Truck Series driver who can't attract funding to move up to the Xfinity Series. In terms of merit, she's about where she needs to be.

What argument are you even making? Hailie Deegan isn't some upstart talented driver who lacks the funding to move up. She's not Josh Berry or Ross Chastain.

She's a mediocre Truck Series driver who can't attract funding to move up to the Xfinity Series. In terms of merit, she's about where she needs to be.

He doesn't even know what argument he's making.

He's going to say whatever he needs to win an internet argument, even if it means shifting goalposts every 18 posts.

But, 51 pages, or something.

To SOI's point, maybe those expectations are that she can someday just become a lifer playoff truck driver who can reliably get you top 10 points finishes.
The reason why this won't be the expectation/goal is because hardly any drivers in the truck series are actually getting paid to drive. Crafton and Sauter pretty much are/were the last of their kind. You look at Brian Deegan, he went from winning in motocross to becoming the face of freestyle. Hailie's brother Haiden is the next big thing coming up in motocross/supercross right now, absolutely on the path to being a star. That family isn't aiming to settle at "permanent third rung" in these types of things.

Put yourself to good use and count all of the truck drivers that started out in the Trucks that are in Cip now instead of wondering what I am doing. There are plenty in Cup and Xfinity. I can count a bunch. One is leading at Michigan, one is 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th off hand and I quit counting at that point.

It's just me but I tend to look sideways at people who think they can predict the future. I see somebody waving their hands over a crystal ball lol. Hell it all depends on so many things for a racer to keep racing but if the finances aren't there it doesn't care if they are good or bad or shades between. Stick n ballers have a problem with that one. It's all they know to compare it too. Got to be first round draft pick or some $hit. Racing is different from Go Karts up.
Finances run out, and maybe someone takes a chance on her when they do. I see most people just having disappointed concerned discussions about her moving up the ranks, and the barriers she will inevitably face when the funds run out and she isnt bailed out by performance.

I know there's plenty of sexism and misogyny being masked out there, I get that. And I'm sure some folks here DONT want to see her succeed. Hailee doesn't need to you on this great hunt to expose those people in this thread lol I can only speak for myself here- but it's disappointing. Hailee is such a talented marketer, and if she ever did make it to cup, and actually was competing for wins, it would be such a great thing for NASCAR, and sports in general.

Maybe I was a fool for drinking the cool aid, and thinking she would be the driver to help break so many stereotypes in America's highest form of motorsports, but now I'm thinking that's not the case, and it's a bummer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Put yourself to good use and count all of the truck drivers that started out in the Trucks that are in Cip now instead of wondering what I am doing. There are plenty in Cup and Xfinity. I can count a bunch. One is leading at Michigan, one is 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th off hand and I quit counting at that point.

Focus on right now. What happened even 5 years ago is irrelevant. That series have taken a deep dive since any of those guys have been there.

Keep moving the goal posts.

@The Nature Boy and myself are both agreeing with assertions you've made in the past that Hailie Deegan would do better in Xfinity, or another series, where she could learn without getting caught up in accidents every week. We're agreeing with your past beliefs that the Truck Series is a demolition derby that's holding her back.

You're literally arguing just to argue at this point.

The fact that Kyle Larson and Ross Chastain, who have won multiple Truck Series races in the past couple years with ease, struggled in their CARS Tour appearances tells me everything I need to know about the caliber of competition and which series is better for driver development.

Finances run out, and maybe someone takes a chance on her when they do. I see most people just having disappointed concerned discussions about her moving up the ranks, and the barriers she will inevitably face when the funds run out and she isnt bailed out by performance.

I know there's plenty of sexism and misogyny being masked out there, I get that. And I'm sure some folks here DONT want to see her succeed. Hailee doesn't need to you on this great hunt to expose those people in this thread lol I can only speak for myself here- but it's disappointing. Hailee is such a talented marketer, and if she ever did make it to cup, and actually was competing for wins, it would be such a great thing for NASCAR, and sports in general.

Maybe I was a fool for drinking the cool aid, and thinking she would be the driver to help break so many stereotypes in America's highest form of motorsports, but now I'm thinking that's not the case, and it's a bummer.

Once again from my point of view, for me trying to predict the future is a fools errand. What I do know concerning the most popular driver at the forum is that she has a contract for this season and the backing and sponsorship behind her to make that happen. I hope she continues on in Nascar and SRX, those are great gigs.

Not only have I said that Ford should move her up to Xfinity full-time, I've even said I think her performances would be better. I've said that I've seen the talent, she's got car control, and when she's aggressive (but not dirty) in these types of cars, she shows flashes of brilliance.

But I'm a misogynist or something according to this Standing 🤡.

And you've made what other's chose to do in this thread your business. A bit hypocritical of you to say, don't you think?

I don't know where ya come up with that. I started this thread because I am a fan. I'm a poster just like yourself.

Once again from my point of view, for me trying to predict the future is a fools errand. What I do know concerning the most popular driver at the forum is that she has a contract for this season and the backing and sponsorship behind her to make that happen. I hope she continues on in Nascar and SRX, those are great gigs.
And when you decide to be a fan of a driver, you want to see them succeed.

Hailee's potential as a cup driver was a real thing, and until there's a bit more security in her racing career, it's a reasonable "could it be?" Discussion

But sure. Alternatively, SRX full time could be great for that series and great for motorsports in general. Who knows..maybe SRX becomes another feeder series. But I'm not there yet.

@The Nature Boy and myself are both agreeing with assertions you've made in the past that Hailie Deegan would do better in Xfinity, or another series, where she could learn without getting caught up in accidents every week. We're agreeing with your past beliefs that the Truck Series is a demolition derby that's holding her back.

You're literally arguing just to argue at this point.

The fact that Kyle Larson and Ross Chastain, who have won multiple Truck Series races in the past couple years with ease, struggled in their CARS Tour appearances tells me everything I need to know about the caliber of competition and which series is better for driver development.
The truck series has become shameful and it's hard to take seriously right now.

And when you decide to be a fan of a driver, you want to see them succeed.

Hailee's potential as a cup driver was a real thing, and until there's a bit more security in her racing career, it's a reasonable "could it be?" Discussion

But sure. Alternatively, SRX full time could be great for that series and great for motorsports in general. Who knows..maybe SRX becomes another feeder series. But I'm not there yet.

I'm a bit different of course. My expectations are that I hope she can continue racing in the Nascar series and a regular doing the SRX series.

Yeah, I want to see her win.

There are three good ones running in the midgets. Jade Avedisian, Taylor Reimer and Kaylee Bryson. Kaylee said she wants to go to Indycar, the other two who knows, Jade just turned 16 but she is kicking ass and madse the finals last year at the Chili Bowl. Considering the warm welcome women get in Nascar, I wonder if they will consider racing in the series or take a more welcoming path.

There are three good ones running in the midgets. Jade Avedisian, Taylor Reimer and Kaylee Bryson. Kaylee said she wants to go to Indycar, the other two who knows, Jade just turned 16 but she is kicking ass and madse the finals last year at the Chili Bowl. Considering the warm welcome women get in Nascar, I wonder if they will consider racing in the series or take a more welcoming path.
I did not know Bryson wants the Indy Path.

I definitely know of them though.

16 year old Jade is in first place in the Outlaw Midget series. Kaylee Bryson made the finals at the Chili Bowl last year also.
I don’t know what Kalee would do in a stock car but she is bad to the bone in a midget.

I don’t know what Kalee would do in a stock car but she is bad to the bone in a midget.
She has been racing Silver Crowns and Sprint cars mostly this year. Kaylee is going to race in a big one though in a midget, the BC 39 coming up. Jade and Taylor will be there also. It's on Flo I believe. All of the good midget guys will be there.

She has been racing Silver Crowns and Sprint cars mostly this year. Kaylee is going to race in a big one though in a midget, the BC 39 coming up. Jade and Taylor will be there also. It's on Flo I believe. All of the good midget guys will be there.
That is an awesome race. I was there the year Larson spun on the last lap to avoid a crash in front of him in turn 4 and won the race.

Back
Top Bottom