Deegan update

So we have all kinds of threads posted about drivers right? B pluses, gained a step, lost a step etc. So once again you are saying the quiet part out loud lol. If she wasn't a women by gawd she wouldn't have 74 pages and them thar people who were saying positive things about that women, it's their fault. Like I said you, have plenty of excuses that work for ya. I don't care, but I think I did unknowingly smoke some people out.

What do you expect? She's an attractive young woman in a male dominated sport. Of course she's going to get attention. There's going to be a lot of conversation about what she's doing on and off the track, whether it's positive or negative. And as far as 74 pages are concerned, I think you have far more posts in this thread than anyone else.

If some of the negative comments about her performance are truthful, that doesn't make anyone a misogynist just for being critical of her ability or her decisions. I don't think anyone at R-F is putting her down "because she's a woman"....she gets criticized because of her actions and her results. Everyone understands why she gets a push, and most (if not all) of us want her to succeed because we understand how great it would be for the sport. Unfortunately, she hasn't lived up to the hype. It's really that simple.

What do you expect? She's an attractive young woman in a male dominated sport. Of course she's going to get attention. There's going to be a lot of conversation about what she's doing on and off the track, whether it's positive or negative. And as far as 74 pages are concerned, I think you have far more posts in this thread than anyone else.

If some of the negative comments about her performance are truthful, that doesn't make anyone a misogynist just for being critical of her ability or her decisions. I don't think anyone at R-F is putting her down "because she's a woman"....she gets criticized because of her actions and her results. Everyone understands why she gets a push, and most (if not all) of us want her to succeed because we understand how great it would be for the sport. Unfortunately, she hasn't lived up to the hype. It's really that simple.
I disagree. But like I said, that was my experience I posted. Danica not being that good was what I thought was a great reason to post page after page of negative posts about Danica. An honest inventory I took revealed that I went way past my griping about Danica's performance into character assassination. I wouldn't think anybody would have a problem posting MY experiences.
I don't think everybody wanted her to succeed for a minute either.

You continue to answer my original statement. Look I don't care if that is what you are or don't think you are. You have a million excuses to justify your behavior and that's fine.
My own experience was when Patrick was racing. Whenever Danica freak said something positive about Danica, I was one of the first flying monkeys jumping down his throat with page after page of poison penning, saying the same thing over and over.
I finally took a personal inventory. What was I getting out of it, a shot of dopamine, and came to the conclusion that I needed to change my attitude about women in the sport.
I've said it before, I was a fan of her ol' man Brian way back when many on here were still ****ting yellow, I've kept up with his career, Hallie's and Haiden's who is a star in the motocross world.
I done everything that others have done on this thread only on Danica's thread. This stuff on here rolls off me like water on a duck's back. I attacked Danica Freak just like I have been attacked. I have said everything negative about Danica that I read about Hailie on this thread.
Anybody that denies 74 pages of mostly negativity and think it is all because of a drivers paltry record and it doesn't have a thing to do with her sex might read my experiences and change their direction, probably not, but maybe some will.

I was a Danica Patrick fan. I think a lot of the criticism she got was because of her gender, or because she got too much attention. On the latter point, Danica Patrick was a household name, so of course she got a lot of attention. But a lot of criticism was based solely on her performance and that was all fair game. I had absolute bloodbaths on this forum defending talented female drivers from misogynistic comments - such as the time someone said a woman can't run a 100 lap race because they're not strong enough, or the time someone said Johanna Long's fat and ugly and doesn't deserve a ride, and so on.

I was a Danica Patrick fan. I think a lot of the criticism she got was because of her gender, or because she got too much attention. On the latter point, Danica Patrick was a household name, so of course she got a lot of attention. But a lot of criticism was based solely on her performance and that was all fair game. I had absolute bloodbaths on this forum defending talented female drivers from misogynistic comments - such as the time someone said a woman can't run a 100 lap race because they're not strong enough, or the time someone said Johanna Long's fat and ugly and doesn't deserve a ride, and so on.
Guilty as charged, I made comments about Danica's appearance.

There's a lot of "tough love" in this thread. A lot of people criticizing Deegan's performance WANT her to succeed.

She has not shown any signs of progression this decade. Fact, and a cold hard one at that. In fact, she has regressed and regressed dramatically. She's shown flashes of potential at times, but even then, we haven't seen ANY of those since the 2022 season.

We have people on this site who are actually very much "in the know" and they've all said the same thing ... Deegan has put ZERO effort in since moving up to Trucks. It's why she regressed so badly from her second year to her third despite being in a championship-caliber truck with a championship-caliber crew chief.

I don't think the answer for promoting women in this sport is to keep lowering expectations.

I've always been bitter that, in spite of having zero accomplishments on asphalt, Deegan and Natalie Decker were both pushed as "HER" in the middle part of last decade. Women who were much more qualified were passed up at the time the hype around Deegan and Decker (and Balcaen to a lesser degree) began because "look at Natalie's Instagram" and "Amber's social media is engaging" and "When Hailie's 18..."

When this thread started, many different posters were positive about Hailie and wanted her to succeed. As time went on many of those same posters quit posting when it was apparent she wasn't doing well, That IMO is a normal reaction when a driver isn't doing well...see Harrison Burton, John Hunter, etc on and on. But a few have continued to say the same things over and over and that is why there are 74 pages of posters saying the same thing. I did the same thing with Danica It's nothing new.

Maybe good time to lock this thread? She gone.

1721059128494.png

Made it about 4 minutes. Why not just re-link the Dale Jr video I linked before? Nothing new in this crap.
You have claimed, on numerous occasions, to have SOI on ignore and explained how doing so has made the forum tolerable for you.

How, then, are you able to see the post he made to show that clip? 🤡

When this thread started, many different posters were positive about Hailie and wanted her to succeed. As time went on many of those same posters quit posting when it was apparent she wasn't doing well, That IMO is a normal reaction when a driver isn't doing well...see Harrison Burton, John Hunter, etc on and on. But a few have continued to say the same things over and over and that is why there are 74 pages of posters saying the same thing. I did the same thing with Danica It's nothing new.

Corey Lajoie would've been a better example than Harrison Burton or JHN honestly.

While I wouldn't use the phrase 'said many times', I don't know how else to interpret this part of your reply to post #2934

If you weren't saying @Efisher131 is a misogynist, I don't know why else you would have included in your reply to him.

There's also this reply to me in #2940

If you're not calling my posts misogynistic, I don't know what you think I'm supposed to be excusing or justifying.
You are not allowed to be critical without being a misogynist.... Lol.
All credibility is lost when they bring up this argument.

You are not allowed to be critical without being a misogynist....
I'm starting to get that feeling. I should have stuck with my policy of ignoring discussions about individual drivers. At least I've learned that lesson.

One reason this thread has gone on so long is that people keep posting about how long it's gone on.

While I wouldn't use the phrase 'said many times', I don't know how else to interpret this part of your reply to post #2934

If you weren't saying @Efisher131 is a misogynist, I don't know why else you would have included in your reply to him.

There's also this reply to me in #2940

If you're not calling my posts misogynistic, I don't know what you think I'm supposed to be excusing or justifying.
Here is the first sentence of my reply to Efisher below. I would read more carefully before you accuse anybody of anything. . I didn't call him or anybody else a misogynist except myself in Danica's case.

I have no idea what your problem is, but this shoe fits many frequent flyers in this thread.

I would read more carefully before you accuse anybody of anything. . I didn't call him or anybody else a misogynist except myself in Danica's case.
I didn't accuse you of anything or call you anything. I said I didn't know how to interpret your posts.

You've clarified them. Thanks.

I didn't accuse you of anything or call you anything. I said I didn't know how to interpret your posts.

You've clarified them. Thanks.
Here is exactly what you posted. You implied that I called him a misogynist that when I distinctly said that I didn't know what his problem was. I posted in plain english

Are they some people who don’t like her because she’s a woman? Definitely. Is everyone who talks about how she’s not performing doing so because she’s a woman? No. Look, I had a lot of hope for her, she won sone K&N races and I’m like okay cool maybe she can do something! But she hasn’t, and that is a bummer because I’d love to see her do well. But you can definitely criticize her without it being misogynist.

Here is exactly what you posted. You implied that I called him a misogynist that when I distinctly said that I didn't know what his problem was. I posted in plain english

Okay, this isn't getting either of us anywhere. We don't even agree on how to interpret what we saying. More to the point, we're discussing the discussion and not the racing.

Of my 77 posts in this discussion (not counting this one), 2 have been pro-Deegan (both at the start of this season); 27 have been negative regarding her talents (and I tried to interpret each post as negatively as possible); and 48 are either neutral regarding her, or completely off topic (fishing, for example).

As I implied in a reply to Clutch a few minutes ago, I'm returning to my policy of ignoring discussions about individual drivers. Peer mail me if you wish, but I'm leaving this discussion and hopefully I can keep myself from opening it again.

Okay, this isn't getting either of us anywhere. We don't even agree on how to interpret what we saying. More to the point, we're discussing the discussion and not the racing.

Of my 77 posts in this discussion (not counting this one), 2 have been pro-Deegan (both at the start of this season); 27 have been negative regarding her talents (and I tried to interpret each post as negatively as possible); and 48 are either neutral regarding her, or completely off topic (fishing, for example).

As I implied in a reply to Clutch a few minutes ago, I'm returning to my policy of ignoring discussions about individual drivers. Peer mail me if you wish, but I'm leaving this discussion and hopefully I can keep myself from opening it again.
Good idea.

Well I guess she is heeding the advice from some RF members.
More SIM time.

Failing upward again

Joe Custer in the media center said we believe there is more in her.

Lime Rock
However, Deegan's season shifted gears recently as it was announced that she would be participating in the Trans AM All-Star Race, teaming up with Ben Maier for Nitro Motorsports. After a good qualifying session in which she secured a P5 start, Deegan posted a video on her Instagram, sharing the news and providing visuals of her driving Ford Mustang TA2. The post was captioned:

Considering she had never raced that type of car or had never raced on that track, it was a pretty good result 6th overall.

Trans Am is a great place for her. There's legitimate pro drivers in that series in both TA and TA2: Paul Menard, Rafa Matos, Chris Dyson, Adam Andretti are all full timers in Trans Am. Lots of developmental talent winds up down there too: this year has seen Connor Zilisch, Brent Crews, Gavan Boschele, Gio Ruggiero, Boris Said Jr., Julian DaCosta, and Carson Kvapil have all made starts this season. She's also been good before in Pilot Challenge.

There's a lot of "tough love" in this thread. A lot of people criticizing Deegan's performance WANT her to succeed.

She has not shown any signs of progression this decade. Fact, and a cold hard one at that. In fact, she has regressed and regressed dramatically. She's shown flashes of potential at times, but even then, we haven't seen ANY of those since the 2022 season.

We have people on this site who are actually very much "in the know" and they've all said the same thing ... Deegan has put ZERO effort in since moving up to Trucks. It's why she regressed so badly from her second year to her third despite being in a championship-caliber truck with a championship-caliber crew chief.

I don't think the answer for promoting women in this sport is to keep lowering expectations.

I've always been bitter that, in spite of having zero accomplishments on asphalt, Deegan and Natalie Decker were both pushed as "HER" in the middle part of last decade. Women who were much more qualified were passed up at the time the hype around Deegan and Decker (and Balcaen to a lesser degree) began because "look at Natalie's Instagram" and "Amber's social media is engaging" and "When Hailie's 18..."

Yeah, I mean this point clearly indicates there's misogyny at play here and if anyone wants to claim there's still some misogynistic/ sexist atittude towards Hailee as she's acquired fame, then I wouldn't disagree. I just don't think that's what we're seeing here on this forum

Hailee has talent, the problem is she has two jobs. She markets herself as a social media product, and that's great. We see these flashes of potential, but lesser results in NASCAR.

The industry claims that she puts in no work are interesting. I don't think it's a laziness thing, I don't think it's a priorities thing. I think it's a "two jobs" thing.

Being a social media star is a full time job if it is to be a consistent source of income.

I don't think she isn't a hard worker. She's got to be a hard worker if she's a full time social media star and race car driver. But her hard work is simply split between two jobs that require a lot of time that she likely doesn't have. I do wonder what sort of success she'd have under a different circumstance

Back
Top Bottom