Deegan update

I'd believe that more if it had been followed with, "To that end, I'm suspending my social media activity to concentrate entirely on racing."
I get your point and don't necessarily disagree, but I think it was the social media side that drove interest in her in the first place. If you take that away, does anyone want her at all?

I get your point and don't necessarily disagree, but I think it was the social media side that drove interest in her in the first place. If you take that away, does anyone want her at all?
Lot of people just don't want to be here. I mean in 2024. Loved 1974 so much because could spend days at a time completely out-of-contact with another human being.

They HATE social media.

Period.

Which is their right.

The only reason she's been driving the last couple seasons was because executives at Ford (the corporate types) wanted her (not the racing people at Ford...they were pretty opposed). I could even make a case that her social media worked against her, because most of her primary sponsors (Monster in particular) were rarely ever promoted - and that used to piss them off tremendously. That was cited a lot in many of her breakups.

Hailie put absolutely zero effort into improving on track, and that's why you saw the performance you saw. She hasn't yet driven for a single team that wasn't counting down the days until she was gone. It's a real shame, and it genuinely bums me out to think about. She had everything she needed to become a great race car driver her entire career, but wasn't willing to put in the work.

most of her primary sponsors (Monster in particular) were rarely ever promoted - and that used to piss them off tremendously. That was cited a lot in many of her breakups.
Seriously? I thought that was a top priority for both race car driver AND social media influencers. Geez, early TV shows were doing product placement long before it was called that. Send some love to the people paying the bills; that's why they're doing it.

Sounds like she wasn't properly prepared before creating content, making up as she went. Gotta script things, or have a timed reminder to toss in the plugs.

It's a shame that so much time and resources were wasted on a driver that had no interest in winning or even improving. I hope this is the end of Deegan in NASCAR. Think of all of the young drivers that would kill for the opportunities that Hailie took for granted. Adios.

It's a shame that so much time and resources were wasted on a driver that had no interest in winning or even improving. I hope this is the end of Deegan in NASCAR. Think of all of the young drivers that would kill for the opportunities that Hailie took for granted. Adios.
She had interest in both of those things. Just no interest in the work involved to achieve them

How come nobody has posted one of her videos lately? Has she not been putting them out each week anymore?

How come nobody has posted one of her videos lately? Has she not been putting them out each week anymore?
That’s a good question. I have been pretty busy lately so I haven’t really paid a lot of attention to NASCAR so I hadn’t noticed if she had any videos.

The only reason she's been driving the last couple seasons was because executives at Ford (the corporate types) wanted her (not the racing people at Ford...they were pretty opposed). I could even make a case that her social media worked against her, because most of her primary sponsors (Monster in particular) were rarely ever promoted - and that used to piss them off tremendously. That was cited a lot in many of her breakups.

Hailie put absolutely zero effort into improving on track, and that's why you saw the performance you saw. She hasn't yet driven for a single team that wasn't counting down the days until she was gone. It's a real shame, and it genuinely bums me out to think about. She had everything she needed to become a great race car driver her entire career, but wasn't willing to put in the work.
I can’t wait for a certain someone’s reply to this and how you’re wrong, even though your track record on this site is damn near 100% accurate insider info…

I can’t wait for a certain someone’s reply to this and how you’re wrong, even though your track record on this site is damn near 100% accurate insider info…
I have no idea what your problem is, but this shoe fits many frequent flyers in this thread. Of course most will vigorously deny it pertains to them with various creative excuses that appear plausible to them anyway. But facts are that some definitely have to be getting something out of it and most probably thru denial of ignorance don't realize it.

1720729319418.png

Putting down someone BECAUSE she's a woman isn't the same thing as putting down someone who's untalented and happens to be female. What's it called when a woman gets attention beyond her merit simply because she's a woman? Patronizing? Tokenism?

We've piled on plenty of male hacks around here. John Wes Townley was a running joke. Few here respect Ty Dillon.

Putting down someone BECAUSE she's a woman isn't the same thing as putting down someone who's untalented and happens to be female. What's it called when a woman gets attention beyond her merit simply because she's a woman? Patronizing? Tokenism?

We've piled on plenty of male hacks around here. John Wes Townley was a running joke. Few here respect Ty Dillon.
Sure Bud 74 pages worth. Any other driver you know on this board that got 74 pages? oh wait for it. There was one. She was a women. Her name was Danica. Anybody see a parallel here. How about you fast talker?

Sure Bud 74 pages worth. Any other driver you know on this board that got 74 pages? oh wait for it. There was one. She was a women. Her name was Danica. Anybody see a parallel here. How about you fast talker?
See anybody starting threads for male drivers with the stats Deegan had in ARCA four years ago, or in Trucks when this thread was started in '21? If it wasn't for her gender, this thread wouldn't have existed at all.

See anybody starting threads for male drivers with the stats Deegan had in ARCA four years ago, or in Trucks when this thread was started in '21? If it wasn't for her gender, this thread wouldn't have existed at all.
So now you are a victim, forced to post in 74 pages, you made me do it lol.

So now you are a victim, forced to post in 74 pages, you made me do it lol.
Nope, just responding to your previous post. If this grew to 74 pages ONLY because she's female, then it's because it was started ONLY because she's female.

@DanicaFreak has a history of starting posts for upcoming female drivers. It's good that they're brought to our attention, but Deegan didn't pan out. Plenty of people kept posting she'd improve, that she needed better equipment, that she'd do better in Xfinity. None of those changes led to an improvement in her performance. It's not misogyny to reply to those posts, or to point out failure.

Nobody starts discussions dedicated to lower tier male drivers working their way up. Hell, plenty of Cup drivers don't have their own threads here. Start a JHN Appreciation thread and I'll be happy to pile on.

Nope, just responding to your previous post. If this grew to 74 pages ONLY because she's female, then it's because it was started ONLY because she's female.

@DanicaFreak has a history of starting posts for upcoming female drivers. It's good that they're brought to our attention, but Deegan didn't pan out. Plenty of people kept posting she'd improve, that she needed better equipment, that she'd do better in Xfinity. None of those changes led to an improvement in her performance. It's not misogyny to reply to those posts, or to point out failure.

Nobody starts discussions dedicated to lower tier male drivers working their way up. Hell, plenty of Cup drivers don't have their own threads here. Start a JHN Appreciation thread and I'll be happy to pile on.
You continue to answer my original statement. Look I don't care if that is what you are or don't think you are. You have a million excuses to justify your behavior and that's fine.
My own experience was when Patrick was racing. Whenever Danica freak said something positive about Danica, I was one of the first flying monkeys jumping down his throat with page after page of poison penning, saying the same thing over and over.
I finally took a personal inventory. What was I getting out of it, a shot of dopamine, and came to the conclusion that I needed to change my attitude about women in the sport.
I've said it before, I was a fan of her ol' man Brian way back when many on here were still ****ting yellow, I've kept up with his career, Hallie's and Haiden's who is a star in the motocross world.
I done everything that others have done on this thread only on Danica's thread. This stuff on here rolls off me like water on a duck's back. I attacked Danica Freak just like I have been attacked. I have said everything negative about Danica that I read about Hailie on this thread.
Anybody that denies 74 pages of mostly negativity and think it is all because of a drivers paltry record and it doesn't have a thing to do with her sex might read my experiences and change their direction, probably not, but maybe some will.

What was I getting out of it, a shot of dopamine, and came to the conclusion that I needed to change my attitude about women in the sport.
Everybody gets an endorphin rush when they post. It's not unique to misogynists or race fans or social media followers. It's why 'Likes' were invented, to keep posters checking for approval.

Allegedly Hailie is in Iowa this weekend; perhaps this thread winds up getting moved to the Indycar forum? :D

Race moms, wives, girlfriends and racer chasers should NOT be allowed in the pits.
I couldn't stand Danica.
I hope Hailie gets a second chance.
I hope Amber and Toni get a first chance.
I hope my granddaughter kicks a$$ tonight!
What a conundrum.
Maybe I could use the help of the R-F psychology / social justice department to sort this all out.

Race moms, wives, girlfriends and racer chasers should NOT be allowed in the pits.
I couldn't stand Danica.
What a conundrum.
Maybe I could use the help of the R-F psychology / social justice department to sort this all out.
Anybody that can flat-foot it into turn 1 at Indy has my respect. Danica was 10 times the driver. Just didn't transition to stock cars very well.

I couldn't stand Danica.
What a conundrum.

So its ok for race dads, husbands and boyfriends to be in the pits?

Allegedly Hailie is in Iowa this weekend; perhaps this thread winds up getting moved to the Indycar forum? :D
I actually think it would be good to get her in an NXT car at the remaining ovals, she could possibly make an immediate impact there. Getting up to speed on road courses in an open wheeler is an entirely different story and would take a few years of development. But it would be interesting to see Andretti give her a shot and see how she does, hopefully with an improved work ethic.

You continue to answer my original statement. Look I don't care if that is what you are or don't think you are. You have a million excuses to justify your behavior and that's fine.
My own experience was when Patrick was racing. Whenever Danica freak said something positive about Danica, I was one of the first flying monkeys jumping down his throat with page after page of poison penning, saying the same thing over and over.
I finally took a personal inventory. What was I getting out of it, a shot of dopamine, and came to the conclusion that I needed to change my attitude about women in the sport.
I've said it before, I was a fan of her ol' man Brian way back when many on here were still ****ting yellow, I've kept up with his career, Hallie's and Haiden's who is a star in the motocross world.
I done everything that others have done on this thread only on Danica's thread. This stuff on here rolls off me like water on a duck's back. I attacked Danica Freak just like I have been attacked. I have said everything negative about Danica that I read about Hailie on this thread.
Anybody that denies 74 pages of mostly negativity and think it is all because of a drivers paltry record and it doesn't have a thing to do with her sex might read my experiences and change their direction, probably not, but maybe some will.

Good on you for checking yourself and changing man. That's great, it that sort of attitude shift towards women should transcend just racing. But just because your behavior was a result of negative atittude towards female drivers, doesn't mean similar behavior by others is indicative of the same attitude. Don't you think it may be unreasonable to assume someone's intention/general attitude just because you could relate to the behavior?

Good on you for checking yourself and changing man. That's great, it that sort of attitude shift towards women should transcend just racing. But just because your behavior was a result of negative atittude towards female drivers, doesn't mean similar behavior by others is indicative of the same attitude. Don't you think it may be unreasonable to assume someone's intention/general attitude just because you could relate to the behavior?
That was my personal experience. I didn't ask you or anybody to agree.

That was my personal experience. I didn't ask you or anybody to agree.
But you’ve said many times that anyone who says anything negative about Deegan is misogynistic. Believe me, if you want to go back and forth about Joe Graf Jr, Harrison Burton, Corey Lajoie or any other underperforming driver, I’ll debate you for just as many pages as this thread, as would many others. It’s nothing to do with her gender for at least MOST people.

But you’ve said many times that anyone who says anything negative about Deegan is misogynistic. Believe me, if you want to go back and forth about Joe Graf Jr, Harrison Burton, Corey Lajoie or any other underperforming driver, I’ll debate you for just as many pages as this thread, as would many others. It’s nothing to do with her gender for at least MOST people.
Show me.

While I wouldn't use the phrase 'said many times', I don't know how else to interpret this part of your reply to post #2934
If you weren't saying @Efisher131 is a misogynist, I don't know why else you would have included in your reply to him.

There's also this reply to me in #2940
Look I don't care if that is what you are or don't think you are. You have a million excuses to justify your behavior and that's fine.
If you're not calling my posts misogynistic, I don't know what you think I'm supposed to be excusing or justifying.

While I wouldn't use the phrase 'said many times', I don't know how else to interpret this part of your reply to post #2934

If you weren't saying @Efisher131 is a misogynist, I don't know why else you would have included in your reply to him.

There's also this reply to me in #2940

If you're not calling my posts misogynistic, I don't know what you think I'm supposed to be excusing or justifying.
And you shouldn't use the phrase many times because I didn't say it many times. That is B.S
I said to Efisher"show me"...that meant show me all of these many times I have called people a misogynist.
So we have all kinds of threads posted about drivers right? B pluses, gained a step, lost a step etc. So once again you are saying the quiet part out loud lol. If she wasn't a women by gawd she wouldn't have 74 pages and them thar people who were saying positive things about that women, it's their fault. Like I said you, have plenty of excuses that work for ya. I don't care, but I think I did unknowingly smoke some people out.

Back
Top Bottom