Deegan update

Hailee has talent, the problem is she has two jobs. She markets herself as a social media product, and that's great. We see these flashes of potential, but lesser results in NASCAR.

The industry claims that she puts in no work are interesting. I don't think it's a laziness thing, I don't think it's a priorities thing. I think it's a "two jobs" thing.

Being a social media star is a full time job if it is to be a consistent source of income.

I don't think she isn't a hard worker. She's got to be a hard worker if she's a full time social media star and race car driver. But her hard work is simply split between two jobs that require a lot of time that she likely doesn't have. I do wonder what sort of success she'd have under a different circumstance
I guess photos of Dale Sr. haying, or out fishing with his bud's is different.

I'll probably get grilled for this but in her defense the #15 car hasn't exactly set the world on fire the last 2 weeks with Josh in it. Pocono showed the team needed a lot of improvement. Even the finish at Chicago was nothing amazing, a 2-time cup champion used a strategy call to get an 8th place finish on a street course. Didn't get a chance to watch Indy, so I'm not sure what happened but I saw he finished last.

Hailee has talent, the problem is she has two jobs. She markets herself as a social media product, and that's great. We see these flashes of potential, but lesser results in NASCAR.

The industry claims that she puts in no work are interesting. I don't think it's a laziness thing, I don't think it's a priorities thing. I think it's a "two jobs" thing.

Being a social media star is a full time job if it is to be a consistent source of income.

I don't think she isn't a hard worker. She's got to be a hard worker if she's a full time social media star and race car driver. But her hard work is simply split between two jobs that require a lot of time that she likely doesn't have. I do wonder what sort of success she'd have under a different circumstance
Always curious about these type of comments. Can anyone make up a schedule of what a drive needs to do to be successful?

1. minutes of gym time.
2. SIM time.
3. Sponsor commitments.
4. Time in shop helping team build the cars.
5 Racing ???????? besides the NASCAR vehicle

Etc, Etc. This is exactly what was said about Danica. EXACTLY! What is the fix? Apartment at the race shop? ZERO social media?

Explain it to me cause I really don't get it. And I liked Danica. No use what-so-ever for the Deegan family. I just disagree about social media being a measurable problem.

Not trying to be smart azz. I'd like to see how many hours a day of these = commitment.

I'll probably get grilled for this but in her defense the #15 car hasn't exactly set the world on fire the last 2 weeks with Josh in it. Pocono showed the team needed a lot of improvement. Even the finish at Chicago was nothing amazing, a 2-time cup champion used a strategy call to get an 8th place finish on a street course. Didn't get a chance to watch Indy, so I'm not sure what happened but I saw he finished last.
Josh qualified 10th at indy but got crashed at the start of the race, never got to complete a lap. Deegan had an average starting position of 29th with that car.

Wrecked first lap cause started in the back. A pattern for that team.

She may have talent as a driver but I don't believe she will ever be Cup caliber. I think she's interested in money, not winning races.

Always curious about these type of comments. Can anyone make up a schedule of what a drive needs to do to be successful?

1. minutes of gym time.
2. SIM time.
3. Sponsor commitments.

Etc, Etc. This is exactly what was said about Danica. EXACTLY! What is the fix? Apartment at the race shop? ZERO social media?

Explain it to me cause I really don't get it. And I liked Danica. No use what-so-ever for the Deegan family. I just disagree about social media being a measurable problem.

Not trying to be smart azz. I'd like to see how many hours a day of these = commitment.
1.... Talent, the ability to do what only a select few can.

1. minutes of gym time.
2. SIM time.
3. Sponsor commitments.

What I think we had is a bunch of garage yea whos running their mouths, who really don't have a clue, but it feeds the haters so of course it ends up here. None of them know Jack.

1. minutes of gym time.
2. SIM time.
3. Sponsor commitments.

I don't see social media being a problem. My comment wasn't really a criticism either.

I think this is just about having a second job.

I guess photos of Dale Sr. haying, or out fishing with his bud's is different.
Isn't that moreso a hobby / freelance thing rather than a full time job?

I have zero issue with marketing via social media. Hailiee is clearly very smart and is a very successful young woman and she deserves all the credit for that.

But according to some of our industry insiders here, her lack of effort has been an issue. If we are going to take that as truth, for the sake of conversation, it's worth contemplating what's getting in the way of that.

A second full time job makes a lot of sense to me, imo. Doesnt matter what the job is. Again, I'm not criticizing her social media presence. Just the opposite.

If there's truth to Hailee's efforts being sub par, then its not shameful or mean or rude to contemplate what's gotten in the way of that.

Isn't that moreso a hobby / freelance thing rather than a full time job?

I have zero issue with marketing via social media. Hailiee is clearly very smart and is a very successful young woman and she deserves all the credit for that.

But according to some of our industry insiders here, her lack of effort has been an issue. If we are going to take that as truth, for the sake of conversation, it's worth contemplating what's getting in the way of that.

A second full time job makes a lot of sense to me, imo. Doesnt matter what the job is. Again, I'm not criticizing her social media presence. Just the opposite.
Fill in my list.

I'm not sure if you're referencing me here, since you're responding to a reply to my comment, so apologies if you aren't, but my take is not rooted in hate whatsoever. And I'm not claiming to know Jack, and I'm certainly not running my mouth. Just engaging in a conversation. Stop being so defensive about this.

If there's truth to Hailee's efforts being sub par, then its not shameful or mean or rude to contemplate what's gotten in the way of that.
In 76 pages lol? By this time, that topic, completely unproven in among numerous others have been said over and over up to this point lol, nope, not about you, the topics seem to be revolving in this thread, round and round.

I missed most of the race. Thought they had a penalty and started at back. Not first time I was wrong. Bet it happens again!
In both cases, Berry was in the back pretty quickly. Logano had to educate the crew chief as to how air pressures worked. They had this new found knowledge when Berry was driving lol.

At this point even the haters seem invested in keeping the pages going 😬

Yall got 2 weeks worth racing so this is a great time to fill space 🙃

Because there are no answers. Just lots of people talking about how she's wasting HER time. It's hers to waste. Same as the guys hunting, fishing, drinking.

I don't disagree, so what the hell are you even on about in your responses to me? I've never claimed or identified with whatever the heck you are arguing against.

Did you read anything I wrote? She is not wasting her time. I never said her time is being missused. There's no part of me that thinks she is.

I'm not answering your question because you are reacting to claims you are attributing to me - claims I never actually made or have lol

Brutal.

I don't disagree, so what the hell are you even on about in your responses to me? I've never claimed or identified with whatever the heck you are arguing against.

Did you read anything I wrote? She is not wasting her time. I never said her time is being missused. There's no part of me that thinks she is.

I'm not answering your question because you are reacting to claims you are attributing to me - claims I never actually made or have lol

Brutal.
My comment wasn't directed at any one individual. Just addressing the whole concept of how a driver should use their time. Really don't know what SOME people want.

i believe hebs# will ge# a cup ride based on his ind# xfini# win. hale# #o #he 98 or 00

I will answer one of them for you. Unless they are fitting a driver for a seat, pedals, steering wheel, roll cage height, "and I will add fire bottles and parachute levers for drag cars" most teams don't want the drivers help building a car in the shop. :)
Exactly. Listen to the latest Dale Jr Download with Mark Martin for professional proof.

My comment wasn't directed at any one individual. Just addressing the whole concept of how a driver should use their time. Really don't know what SOME people want.

Gotcha. Sorry for getting defensive and missunderstanding ya there 😅

right now I will give her the benefit of the doubt and say her team failed her big time. With her new ride she will not have the same excuses and she will have the champion to get lessons from. I am looking first at her ability to finish top 20 and then improve. No more DNF's

Back
Top Bottom