Deegan update

Lol wasn’t gonna let another old guy beat her to the gravel again she said lol

@Spotter22 TJ really had her back. Wow that’s a good spotter

Reactions: Pat
Lol wasn’t gonna let another old guy beat her to the gravel again she said lol

@Spotter22 TJ really had her back. Wow that’s a good spotter
Thats part of the job and he does it well. Nice calm voice (when you can) and feeding good info. I would give my drivers something to shoot for like giving them the interval between him and the next car in front. Motivation is key and when they hear those intervals closing in they get up on the wheel.

Thats part of the job and he does it well. Nice calm voice (when you can) and feeding good info. I would give my drivers something to shoot for like giving them the interval between him and the next car in front. Motivation is key and when they hear those intervals closing in they get up on the wheel.
She passed Crafton twice.

Also, there is something subtle going on here. Race was almost over and she was still up on the wheel. She didnt give up. In that video her CC said she was top 2 trucks on the track

Watching her talk to her CC about how the truck was working...love it.

Watching her talk to her CC about how the truck was working...love it.
when she was talking about needing more rear grip she said she put a round of brake to the front which indicated to me she had to much rear percentage causing her to be loose under braking. Good call on her part and thats the kind of stuff that will help her grow.

when she was talking about needing more rear grip she said she put a round of brake to the front which indicated to me she had to much rear percentage causing her to be loose under braking. Good call on her part and thats the kind of stuff that will help her grow.
Thanks for your input!

Love learning from you, and I totally agree with with respect to her growing in how she is talking about the performance of her Truck

She passed Crafton twice.

Also, there is something subtle going on here. Race was almost over and she was still up on the wheel. She didnt give up. In that video her CC said she was top 2 trucks on the track
Well Hillman was helping boost her confidence, she may have had top 2 times but you had people on different strategies many of those in front of her were saving. But she still gave it a good ride.

Her latest videos has her being yanked by a four wheeler off road vehicle down a
home made giant slip and slide and now she is wrecking mini dirt bikes in the woods.
I know she is young and likes the fun but I see some contract ammendments heading
her way.

Still plan on being at Talladega to see her in the truck race on Saturdays double header with xfinity.
If she makes it there in one piece !

Her latest videos has her being yanked by a four wheeler off road vehicle down a
home made giant slip and slide and now she is wrecking mini dirt bikes in the woods.
I know she is young and likes the fun but I see some contract ammendments heading
her way.

Still plan on being at Talladega to see her in the truck race on Saturdays double header with xfinity.
If she makes it there in one piece !
Monster likes the fun aspect fits their image. IMHO. Ford might not as much but they like that her social media presence is high

Deegan running 17th her rookie year is more than satisfactory.
She has 318 thousand subscribers on Youtube compared for example to 210 thousand for Jr's Dirty Mo podcast
Just one word of caution, subscribing doesn't necessarily mean watching. I've found someone or something interesting on Youtube many times, subscribed to it, and then never looked at it even once again.

As long as we aren't all reading posts such as "Deegan just caused the Bigan", I think she is doing ok for herself.

I'm impressed with her in several ways, but I think some of the "bad luck" she seems to have so often is a product of the trucks she is running with. I think if she could step up and run in the top ten regularly, her "luck" would improve dramatically.

I'm impressed with her in several ways, but I think some of the "bad luck" she seems to have so often is a product of the trucks she is running with. I think if she could step up and run in the top ten regularly, her "luck" would improve dramatically.

Reminds me of an old saying. "The Harder you work the luckier you get"

Part of what makes the Truck Series interesting is the W-I-D-E range of talent out there, BUT, it can be tough as a competitor if you are racing with either clowns or people way over driving their equipment trying to make something happen. It's just like in the Cup Series. You can be a champion, but if circumstances put you back in the RWR neighborhood very often, bad things will likely happen. Deegan generally seems to have her stuff under control, which is more than you say for a LOT of the people she has to race around. She talks about being wrecking loose every lap, but it doesn't really show. Some of those other guys look like the proverbial dart with no feathers a lot of the time.

As Deegans rookie season draws to a close, she has impressed me.

The comparison to DP10 and Deegan is palatable. Deegan has racing in the blood. She is in the Sim, in the shop, trying to learn as much as she can. Also the results are there. Avg finish what? 17th? Not terrible.

I dont think anyone would question my fandom of Patrick, but coming from Indy, I think she had an attitude of I'll do Car type things on raceday. Im sure there were indydrivers not like this, but I feel this was her take.

Shes not riding on name recognition. She wants to earn it. Not saying Patrick was, but Deegan DEF isnt.

Part of what makes the Truck Series interesting is the W-I-D-E range of talent out there, BUT, it can be tough as a competitor if you are racing with either clowns or people way over driving their equipment trying to make something happen. It's just like in the Cup Series. You can be a champion, but if circumstances put you back in the RWR neighborhood very often, bad things will likely happen. Deegan generally seems to have her stuff under control, which is more than you say for a LOT of the people she has to race around. She talks about being wrecking loose every lap, but it doesn't really show. Some of those other guys look like the proverbial dart with no feathers a lot of the time.

Good point - She doesnt tear up equipment as a rule.

I watched a video of Deegan after darlington. She didnt want to come in with the tire going down, but didnt want to wreck the truck more. Turns out her instincts were right - tire going down. But you could see it in her face, she cares about the guys and girls in the shop - not wanting to wreck the truck. But shes still aggressive out there. (She will get more aggressive I am sure)

Monster likes the fun aspect fits their image. IMHO. Ford might not as much but they like that her social media presence is high
Yeah, I've felt that her social media presence is part marketing/part sponsorship. She's trying to bring in young fans.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

As Deegans rookie season draws to a close, she has impressed me.

The comparison to DP10 and Deegan is palatable. Deegan has racing in the blood. She is in the Sim, in the shop, trying to learn as much as she can. Also the results are there. Avg finish what? 17th? Not terrible.

I dont think anyone would question my fandom of Patrick, but coming from Indy, I think she had an attitude of I'll do Car type things on raceday. Im sure there were indydrivers not like this, but I feel this was her take.

Shes not riding on name recognition. She wants to earn it. Not saying Patrick was, but Deegan DEF isnt.
She's no doubt better than Patrick. Where is she in the points? P17 isn't horrible, but it isn't really fantastic for a 20 yr old rookie, tbh. Especially with what the kids are doing these days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Good point - She doesnt tear up equipment as a rule.
Last night she tried her best to tear up Parker Kligerman's equipment... :mad:

Deegan needs to be faster. P17 in points in a race series where only 18 drivers have entered all the races... does not impress. Average finish 20.5... ditto. A gap of ~0.75 seconds per lap on tracks with ~30 second lap time is a problem that compounds as you move up from trucks to something more competitive. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom