Deegan update

I just fill in the missing parts, some people dont like the truth. I had hopes in the beginning of her career that she could be competitive but her numbers regressed each year even though she was moving to "better equipment". If I was her pop she would be running super lates anytime she could because she needs seat time. Heck hook her up with Donnie Wilson and go run some with races with Willy B.

I feel like Hailie doing well in a shallow K&N field boost people's confidence in her abilities. She's Dollar Tree Danica, she's an attractive woman who has a large fanbase because of it. Danica at least had some ability on the track, even if she was pushed too fast. Deegan looks perpetually over her head.

Not sure what they were thinking with that two tire stop and 40+ laps to go :dunce:
If she belonged up front she would have driven up there.
The problem with Hailie is she’s not good enough to take advantage of track position.

Every time they try this, she gets relegated back to her usual position within a few laps.

It usually works better when they bring her in late for four tires when everyone else stays out and she turns a 25th place finish into a 20th or a 17th place into a 12th place.

The problem with Hailie is she’s not good enough to take advantage of track position.

Every time they try this, she gets relegated back to her usual position within a few laps.

It usually works better when they bring her in late for four tires when everyone else stays out and she turns a 25th place finish into a 20th or a 17th place into a 12th place.
Doesn't matter many times you pull on her pigtails, she ain't gonna **** you.

1685234686190.png

Having a woman in NASCAR is the equivalent of having one in the NBA or the MLB. She's competing against grown men who have way more stamina. I'm not surprised that she's struggling.

Will there ever be a woman that does great things in the Cup series? Only time will tell, but I have my doubts.

That's kinda BS, this is one sport that women are not at a disadvantage, she just isn't very good.

Having a woman in NASCAR is the equivalent of having one in the NBA or the MLB. She's competing against grown men who have way more stamina. I'm not surprised that she's struggling.

Will there ever be a woman that does great things in the Cup series? Only time will tell, but I have my doubts.
God didn't create woman to do what men can do
He created women to do what men can't do.
And the other way around. Flame away..... :punkrocke
We are meant to complement each other

You people do realize that there are successful women in other racing disciplines, right?

Erica Enders does very well in NHRA Pro Stock.
Pretty hard to get close enough to one of those cars to affect the handling. NASCAR drivers maybe accidentally miss the brake pedal? Or misjudge how close they were. ACCIDENTLY just seems to happen more often around female NASCAR drivers.

There is ZERO chance a female ever wins at Cup level unless there are 10 in the race & lined up as the top 10 on last lap. Even then, better watch the grassy knoll.

And I hate this family. With a passion.

(Note: the whole conversation is more convoluted and messy than I wish it had to be)

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I also think being respectful while appreciating our differences is one of the biggest missed opportunities or subjects when it comes to diversity. I also believe that it is possible to enthusiastically celebrate the obvious differences in males and females while also being fair-minded and supportive. I wouldn't want to live with any other mindset.

I also don't want to put words in your mouth or try to speak for you and I am not trying to accuse you of the following, I just think some clarification is needed.

I would avoid any absolute approaches, I don't envision a racing world with 50 % of the drivers ever being women. It isn't as simple as trying to break it all down by physical abilities or cultural limits either. I can't prove it, but I just don't think females in general are as likely to want to be race car drivers. I think that is the biggest part of the biological differences in this context.

Just hear me out. I also can't imagine a world where there aren't some women that would like to race. I also think some of them could and will eventually win at the highest level. I have tried to avoid the numbers or quota type of driven stuff but there is some significance. Someday, somewhere, a woman will eventually break through somewhere and win at the cup level, but there are no quick instant solutions. I think it will only happen after lots of hard earned opportunities have been provided.

As for physical capabilities. I am not sure that men are any more physically equipped to drive a race car. In terms of physical conditioning, I would believe that Danica was in better cardio condition and had better endurance than most of her Nacsar peers. I would have bet on her in a triathlon against most.

I also think women have the right to compete in Nascar. The sponsors are king and queen makers, and there is a huge opportunity for female drivers to be sponsored by and to advertise for those queen makers.

its funny how out of touch allot of people are when it comes to other motorsports,dont go offroad racing,drag racing ,midget racing if you are going to get you feeling:sad: hurt.and there is NO reason the right girl and team cant come to nascar and win races.oh thats right most of you have never raced anything,i did for 40 years.

its funny how out of touch allot of people are when it comes to other motorsports,dont go offroad racing,drag racing ,midget racing if you are going to get you feeling:sad: hurt.and there is NO reason the right girl and team cant come to nascar and win races.oh thats right most of you have never raced anything,i did for 40 years.
I agree. I just don’t believe Deegan is the “right girl.”

I feel so bad,..I WANT deegan to do better than she is. I wonder how long her deal with Thorsport is

probably a question for Ford, but my guess driver contracts at the lower levels are for a season.
Maybe the Matt Craftons of the world sign multi year deals. Just a guess.
You are prob right. We will see if Ford/Thorsport want to re up the Deegan-deal.

I feel so bad,..I WANT deegan to do better than she is. I wonder how long her deal with Thorsport is

Everyone wants Hailie Deegan to do better than she is.

Honestly, I think Hailie's also at risk of losing a lot of her "hype" and "appeal" to Toni Breidinger.

Everyone wants Hailie Deegan to do better than she is.

Honestly, I think Hailie's also at risk of losing a lot of her "hype" and "appeal" to Toni Breidinger.

You know what? I agree with this. I saw them talking to each other on one of the highlight reels.

@AndyMarquisLive

Deegan seems to have more backers than DP10 did. I think its because DP10 came with a lot of press upfront, Deegan not as much

@AndyMarquisLive

Deegan seems to have more backers than DP10 did. I think its because DP10 came with a lot of press upfront, Deegan not as much

Not even the same ballpark.

Hailie Deegan is nowhere near as popular as Danica Patrick was, and has nowhere close to the same financial backing. It just appears that way because of how times have changed.

Danica Patrick was literally a household name, and that popularity resulted in some bigtime sponsorship deals.

Not even the same ballpark.

Hailie Deegan is nowhere near as popular as Danica Patrick was, and has nowhere close to the same financial backing. It just appears that way because of how times have changed.

Danica Patrick was literally a household name, and that popularity resulted in some bigtime sponsorship deals.
If there is another girl in trucks doing the same as or better than her, sponsors will notice.

I hate it for her, but its the business.

And I agree re Patrick. Due to the SI covers the SI pics etc etc

Did you interview Patrick ever, Andy?

Johanna Long was running with Danica in lesser equipment and she never got a good ride or even decent sponsors.

Johanna Long was running REALLY good too. Just never got the chance she needed.

The difference with Hailie/Toni is that Toni is more marketable than Hailie is and, so far, appears to be on par with Hailie in the talent department.

Back
Top Bottom