Deegan update

The problem is that women aren't getting chances to prove themselves. Opportunities seemingly only come along if you meet some arbitrary standard of hotness. Johanna Long was hanging with Danica in ****tier equipment but that never translated into a good ride. Kenzie Ruston (who also isn't a bad looking woman) never really got a fair shot either. This is driven by sponsor demand and it's really unfortunate.

Hailie Deegan is an untalented and unambitious hack but she'll get chance after chance because sponsors like her. It's similar to the men (Aric Almirola pretty much only has a ride because Smithfield is in love with him), but butt ugly men can get sponsorship and good rides.

The problem is that women aren't getting chances to prove themselves. Opportunities seemingly only come along if you meet some arbitrary standard of hotness. Johanna Long was hanging with Danica in ****tier equipment but that never translated into a good ride. Kenzie Ruston (who also isn't a bad looking woman) never really got a fair shot either. This is driven by sponsor demand and it's really unfortunate.

Hailie Deegan is an untalented and unambitious hack but she'll get chance after chance because sponsors like her. It's similar to the men (Aric Almirola pretty much only has a ride because Smithfield is in love with him), but butt ugly men can get sponsorship and good rides.
This.

The main reason the fans have turned on Deegan is that she has become everything people hated about Danica Patrick and Natalie Decker. The fact that Toni Breidinger is on par with Deegan, in just a handful of starts, and in what Hailie fans say is interior equipment, is embarrassing. And I think Toni Breidinger is a little better than she gets credit for.

Some would rather just play the misogyny card.

Which is hilarious every time a farm truck in yoooklahoma chimes in when I was a huge Danica Patrick and Simona de Silvestro supporter.

Deegan vs Breidinger …

Pretty thin sample size - 3 races. My conclusion is that they’re both terrible.

1688689685163.png

The
https://www.nascar.com/diversity/

I think people forget that this is a thing, or don't realize how large of an effort it is.
No I’ve looked into it and was speaking to it needing to ramp up to a whole new level. It’s doing something but at a pace and scope that does not appear to be trying to keep up with the times. It’s 10c solution trying to fix a $5 problem.

Look at the names in this thread Deegan, Patrick, Breidenger, Decker…then ask yourself if any men in the history of NASCAR had their sponsorship so closely tied to their looks and their constant self advertising rather than their driving?

Great women drivers may be right in front of us but it’s going to remain an unanswered question in this atmosphere . 🤷🏻‍♂️.

The

No I’ve looked into it and was speaking to it needing to ramp up to a whole new level. It’s doing something but at a pace and scope that does not appear to be trying to keep up with the times. It’s 10c solution trying to fix a $5 problem.

Look at the names in this thread Deegan, Patrick, Breidenger, Decker…then ask yourself if any men in the history of NASCAR had their sponsorship so closely tied to their looks and their constant self advertising rather than their driving?

Great women drivers may be right in front of us but it’s going to remain an unanswered question in this atmosphere . 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Kasey Khane

There was an entire movement in the 2000s pushing the "Gilette Young Guns" and their looks to attract female viewers.

None of these names could have gotten to where they did based on talent alone, because frankly they didn't have enough talent. The reason why they've all leaned into their looks is because that's the strongest thing they had going, not raw speed. They're the ones pushing that themselves. Toni doesn't have to be a Victoria Secret model but she chose to be. Danica didn't have to pose semi-nude for magazines but she did to promote herself. Natalie Decker literally made an OnlyFans a couple months ago. Deegan uses herself as clickbait all the time. NASCAR can't fix that.

Yes, but those are two different words. I don't recall anyone calling her a "witch".....that just seems like such a weird insult

I think he typed "witch" to get around the filters.

I get it though ... the IndyCar crowd was happy to be rid of her, though in hindsight, I'm sure they missed the ratings. But again, I can only judge the character of a person I've dealt with personally on those interactions and she's always been pleasant to me. 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, Ruston couldnt drive a nail in a mud puddle. I did the tour as a driver development coach in 2015 and witnessed it in person

Hailie Deegan only needs to gain 44 points per race on the 10th place truck over the next three races to make the chase eliminaton playoff cutoff line.

I think he typed "witch" to get around the filters.

I get it though ... the IndyCar crowd was happy to be rid of her, though in hindsight, I'm sure they missed the ratings. But again, I can only judge the character of a person I've dealt with personally on those interactions and she's always been pleasant to me. 🤷‍♂️
I'm not gonna explain/diagram my sentences. Some people are just so literal & lack imagination. But she's not only driver I've see criticized for completely bullsheet reasons. THEY WON'T SIGN THE 10 PICTURES <that I would sell on ebay> right before they go out for qualifying. I hate them! Made my boy cry. <the boy cried because his dad was acting like an donkey>

How many more seasons do we estimate she has until Ford moves on
If she can still bring money she will be back regardless even if she loses Ford Support. I dont know how much they personally invest in her other than what they do for Thorsport

Deegan is a bust and a gimmick. Some of us fell for it early on, but she doesn't have the talent to be a competitive racer, and doesn't seem to really have the passion for it either.

The ship has sailed. The gimmick has worn off, and the hype and potential has died.

I really thought, as of a few years ago that she was going to be the female driver who can run well enough in a top bride to make the playoffs. Similar to, or a little bit worse than Almirola.

Boy was I wrong. She is proven for two or three years now She isn't good enough to race in the truck series. And a lot of those championship contenders in the truck series aren't good enough to make it in cup.

I don't think it's unreasonable that for it eventually moves on. At least Danica was racing in cup.

Deegan just isn't it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On Saturday July 7th Natalie Decker posted a Twitter picture of herself in a red swimsuit and another friend in a Lynard Skynard swimsuit.

All this talk about wimmins driving whatever.....that Twitter photo will change your life.....

On Saturday July 7th Natalie Decker posted a Twitter picture of herself in a red swimsuit and another friend in a Lynard Skynard swimsuit.

All this talk about wimmins driving whatever.....that Twitter photo will change your life.....
Natalie Decker improves my social media timeliness on a regular basis.

She gives people something to discuss in the Truck series. I’m surprised people are on her case this weekend she had a decently competitive run. I know I’m Stanning here but yeah.

Back
Top Bottom