Denny Hamlin Appreciation Thread

BRB, gonna go find every public comment made by a JGR or TRD employee, and pick it apart to fit my narrative.

Oh, wait, I'm actually not, because I couldn't care less.
Tremendous post. You have a lot of time.

It is nothing less than an organizational fail to have two dominant cars out of the playoffs because of free time activities.

Sure, and just wait until that philosophy costs you Christopher Bell. How long until he decides to jump ship because he's tired of being told what he can and can't do in his free time?

Sure, and just wait until that philosophy costs you Christopher Bell. How long until he decides to jump ship because he's tired of being told what he can and can't do in his free time?
He looks pretty happy in the Round of 8. I saw him smiling after his pole yesterday. I am not worried about Christopher. He makes a lot of money for a guy his age. I think he will be okay.

Herein lies the problem though, when your free time activities affect your team, the team has the right to set limits. Chase’s extracurricular activities cost him a shot at the championship.

These teams aren’t just a driver and a car, it’s the guys back at the shop and the crew at the track.

Herein lies the problem though, when your free time activities affect your team, the team has the right to set limits. Chase’s extracurricular activities cost him a shot at the championship.

These teams aren’t just a driver and a car, it’s the guys back at the shop and the crew at the track.

How is the team affected? NAPA and Ally aren't going anywhere. The guys on the crew and at the shop aren't missing any paychecks. If Chase and Alex have any regrets, maybe they will be more careful going forward. It's not a problem unless it becomes a pattern.

I'm glad Mr. H gives his employees the freedom to do as they wish. Missing a handful of races in 2022 really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme.

Well u are basically saying Hendrick is done since the 9 and 48 didn't make the playoffs, I'm just trying to show how ridiculous that is.

And with the inconsistency from both the 9 and the 48 teams this year, I don't think either one had a legitimate shot to contend for a title anyway. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

And with the inconsistency from both the 9 and the 48 teams this year, I don't think either one had a legitimate shot to contend for a title anyway. Making a mountain out of a molehill.
Wondering if that inconsistency comes from the driver out of the car? Just a stretch I know. Sheesh.

Well u are basically saying Hendrick is done since the 9 and 48 didn't make the playoffs, I'm just trying to show how ridiculous that is.
I don't think I am saying that. Do you think that the 9 and the 48 are no better than 0 wins this year? I do. You need to have more faith in your team.

How is the team affected? NAPA and Ally aren't going anywhere.

I would think that most people who work for a NASCAR team want to compete for championships.

No other sport lets their athletes do risky **** during the season. NASCAR teams have millions of dollars invested in them and dozens of people who work on them. The driver could at least show respect to his team and not put himself in needless danger doing things outside of his primary job.

How is the team affected? NAPA and Ally aren't going anywhere. The guys on the crew and at the shop aren't missing any paychecks. If Chase and Alex have any regrets, maybe they will be more careful going forward. It's not a problem unless it becomes a pattern.

I'm glad Mr. H gives his employees the freedom to do as they wish. Missing a handful of races in 2022 really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme.
Are you good with it if they miss a race you want to attend? Could we please pull our heads out of our asses for a second? These are kids making millions. I don't think that it is oppressive to require them to attend to their day jobs for a few years at the expense of sewing their young adult oats. I wouldn't go too far with Mr. H's freedom....just because it isn't public, doesn't mean there haven't been conversations....and NAPA an Ally have a voice...doubt that they are perfectly happy having whoever was in those cars in those cars as they signed up for Chasey and Cutie Pie.

I would think that most people who work for a NASCAR team want to compete for championships.

No other sport lets their athletes do risky **** during the season. NASCAR teams have millions of dollars invested in them and dozens of people who work on them. The driver could at least show respect to his team and not put himself in needless danger doing things outside of his primary job.
Well said. This isn't exclusive to NASCAR. Not even a little.....

^ How many teams in NASCAR, IndyCar, or any other form of motorsports ban their drivers from doing stuff like Chase and Alex choose to do in their free time?

Are you good with it if they miss a race you want to attend? Could we please pull our heads out of our asses for a second?

^ Yes, I'm good with it. And I'm sure you would be too. You have stated countless times that you aren't there to see the driver.

How many teams in the NASCAR Cup Series ban their drivers from doing stuff like Chase and Alex choose to do in their free time?

I don’t know the policies of every team but every team should. If you’re racing in the premier stock car series in the world, you should honor the privilege you have and the hundreds of people who have to work hard so you can have the tools to succeed.

I have always thought it was silly that NASCAR Cup drivers are allowed to act like the Cup Series is some kind of mom and pop grassroots operation. It’s a sports league, like the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. Economically, it is closer to them than any other racing league.

Imagine if Patrick Mahomes injured himself skiing during the regular season or if Joe Burrow injured himself playing in a rec league football game. The media would rightly criticize them and their teams for allowing such insanity.

As a dominant force, it is they who should have four in the Round of 8. They don't. Why? Because Chasey and Cutie Pie want to play....Obviously, this superior organizational bull**** is a narrative that doesn't work. I'd also argue that they have been not dominant since they got legal....assuming that they now are.
The narrative works because it's based within the context of winning races and championships. They do that more than anyone else. Who wins the most races and championships over a single, multi year stretch. Your definition of dominance may be different, but that's my defining criteria for "dominance", and I don't see a reason to change it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

All good man that is good to know, honestly I think Denny is just having some fun with the persona.
100%. He's leaning into it, and I think he thinks it's good for the sport. I enjoy it. It gets people talking.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hendrick said if they get hurt, they will be replaced. What part of that is hard to understand?
Are you good with it if they miss a race you want to attend? Could we please pull our heads out of our asses for a second? These are kids making millions. I don't think that it is oppressive to require them to attend to their day jobs for a few years at the expense of sewing their young adult oats. I wouldn't go too far with Mr. H's freedom....just because it isn't public, doesn't mean there haven't been conversations....and NAPA an Ally have a voice...doubt that they are perfectly happy having whoever was in those cars in those cars as they signed up for Chasey and Cutie Pie.
Won a DIRT car sprint season Championship,
Drove an IndyCar
Dominated Vegas and in the round of four.
All in cars SPONSORED by HendrickCars.com
Somebody tell Rev to go park his clown car.

^ Yes, I'm good with it. And I'm sure you would be too. You have stated countless times that you aren't there to see the driver.
100%....but I want the guy in there who gives me the best shot at putting one of MY Toyotas in Victory Lane.

Imagine if Patrick Mahomes injured himself skiing during the regular season or if Joe Burrow injured himself playing in a rec league football game. The media would rightly criticize them and their teams for allowing such insanity.
Nailed it. Well said.

How many teams in the NASCAR Cup Series ban their drivers from doing stuff like Chase and Alex choose to do in their free time?
I can't speak for the NASCAR side of things, but Roger Penske and Chip Ganassi have borrowed their Indycar drivers and NASCAR drivers to run in IMSA (and Grand Am before it) for years. I have said from the beginning that all of this hubbub is much ado about VERY little. It's just as possible for a Cup driver to get hurt in a Xfinity car or Truck, and I don't see ANYBODY ( including JGR) putting a stop to THAT. This is just Rev looking for ANY angle to criticize his arch enemy. If the Coke machine in the HMS gift shop swallowed Rev's quarter, he would claim it was a Rick Hendrick plot to steal his money and fund his race team with the ill gotten gains.

If the Coke machine in the HMS gift shop swallowed Rev's quarter, he would claim it was a Rick Hendrick plot to steal his money and fund his race team with the ill gotten gains.
This is awesome! LOL. Thank you man.

Next year is your year! But on the bright side I see fedex has stuck with you!

5943ec9b459bc1a065933456dc519574.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Denny is far from my favorite and I am partial to Chevys, have been and will be all my life. For no better reason than Chevy being the most common or preferred LMS car during my formative years.

The amount of passion and semi rage in this thread is almost comical to me. I understand Denny being the villian he says things and he seems more willingly to rough up or move another driver than he did during the first half of his carreer.

But I think people read to much into things. He is a hell of a driver and I am surprised he hasnt won a championship. His only weakness imo is too many pit road penalties and occasionally making an enemy at a critical time.
But he is definitely good enough for championships in my opinion, sometimes it just doesnt happen especially with the elimination format.
Haters will just hate and people just love to hype every event to build their cases.

But the the Felon and cutie pie nicknames is what keeps me reading. It is similar to learning all about the evil Godfarther family.
The possibilty of a new Jeffy handle could happen on any new post and I need to keep up with the latest thing.

This really isn’t snark and I like the creativity and I love the passion.
The creativity also softens up the repetition.

Denny is far from my favorite and I am partial to Chevys, have been and will be all my life. For no better reason than Chevy being the most common or preferred LMS car during my formative years.

The amount of passion and semi rage in this thread is almost comical to me. I understand Denny being the villian he says things and he seems more willingly to rough up or move another driver than he did during the first half of his carreer.

But I think people read to much into things. He is a hell of a driver and I am surprised he hasnt won a championship. His only weakness imo is too many pit road penalties and occasionally making an enemy at a critical time.
But he is definitely good enough for championships in my opinion, sometimes it just doesnt happen especially with the elimination format.
Haters will just hate and people just love to hype every event to build their cases.

But the the Felon and cutie pie nicknames is what keeps me reading. It is similar to learning all about the evil Godfarther family.
The possibilty of a new Jeffy handle could happen on any new post and I need to keep up with the latest thing.

This really isn’t snark and I like the creativity and I love the passion.
The creativity also softens up the repetition.
The boos Hamlin gets are congruent to what Kyle used to get. It's hilarious. There was a void, and he raised his hand to fill it. Great move. I think it drastically increased his fan base honestly. He has the talent to win the title, but who knows? You can count on that he will not be seen in the same way Mark Martin was. That's unfortunate. I think he is better than Mark.

The boos Hamlin gets are congruent to what Kyle used to get. It's hilarious. There was a void, and he raised his hand to fill it. Great move. I think it drastically increased his fan base honestly. He has the talent to win the title, but who knows? You can count on that he will not be seen in the same way Mark Martin was. That's unfortunate. I think he is better than Mark.
Has or had the talent to win the championship? At some point in a drivers career they will be at the highest point talent wise and then talent begins to fade. Next year he will be 44. Bobby Allison at age 45 is the oldest cup champion.

If he's better than Mark, then Ross is better than Dale. I can spout BS too.

I like the villain narrative. Denny is annoying and sensitive. He's getting better at the role but peak Kyle Busch was one of a kind; a perhaps all time talent coupled with a hilarious and apathetic character. Denny doesn't have the quick quirky wit to really fill those shoes.

I'm not expecting to see another Kyle Busch in the series. It would probably take a lot of conscious effort to be that hilarious.

Microsoft if investing 50 billion a year to build ai infrastructure; so will be up our asses probably as soon as 2024. Maybe a concerted effort by a team coupled with the soon to be advanced chat bot could break through to create an outrageous driver persona... It's coming who knows😂😂😂

Bubba is kinda a round head that says odd firey things but he's not a talent phenom

If he's better than Mark, then Ross is better than Dale. I can spout BS too.

How is saying that Denny is better than Mark BS? Denny has 11 more wins in 232 fewer starts. Mark has a slight edge in Top 5 and a big edge in Top 10s. I think it's debatable. I don't even like Denny but denying that he's a top tier talent is just nonsense.

Some ass needs to come in with so much talent that a top team will put up with him😆

Back
Top Bottom