Did Elliot Manipulate the Ending of the Race?

Lol it’s part of the joke dude. Lot of people call Hendrick Motorsports, Hendricks.
And a lot of people spell Chases name Elliot. He's part of the joke , dude, right? Lol.
Don't bust balls on grammar when I've seen terrible spelling in this thread by yourself....dude...

Again, I disagree, it was up to Chase to know that Harvick had a fender on him and Chase was also culpable for trying to pinch Harvick coming off the corner. Watch the replay closely, there are two lines exit that allow for carried momentum, Chase was in between them...and a half car behind
Nevermind, its not gonna do any good. My take Harvick got what he deserved.

And a lot of people spell Chases name Elliot. He's part of the joke , dude, right? Lol.
Don't bust balls on grammar when I've seen terrible spelling in this thread by yourself....dude...
Does me calling you dude upset you? I’m sorry I guess I’ll call you ma’am. But hey I make grammar mistakes sure! But I at least spell people’s name right. Damn it’s easy to trigger some of you folks here. It’s quite hilarious.

Kevin & the 5 car would be smart to avoid any entanglements this weekend. It would be the right thing for Kevin to do. The 5 car driver probably will do likewise if he wants a Championship.

Does me calling you dude upset you? I’m sorry I guess I’ll call you ma’am. But hey I make grammar mistakes sure! But I at least spell people’s name right. Damn it’s easy to trigger some of you folks here. It’s quite hilarious.
Wow. You posted more than once about it. Let it go. And, I'm not your "Dude, Bro" or any other cutesy adolescent moniker you apply to people. It's not hilarious, it's sad.
Anyway, how about that Kevin Harvick?

I haven't followed this thread very closely. Has anybody brought up the fact that the hard racing is because of the playoffs? IDK seems to me if Harvick didn't do well he wasn't moving on. I had not seen Harvick race that hard all season, he was like the new kid racing for a win. Of course laying a finger on the Nascar jusus is going to ruffle some feathers, but overall the series is showing some really good hard racing that Nascar is known for

Wow. You posted more than once about it. Let it go. And, I'm not your "Dude, Bro" or any other cutesy adolescent moniker you apply to people.
Anyway, how about that Kevin Harvick?
Just chill man. Lol I call everyone dude or bro, sorry it’s just how I am. Don’t like it tough tits. BROOOOOO.

I’ve said plenty of times Kevin is great. Never said other wise dude. But bro what I did say was he ruined Chase’s race so dude he ruined Kevin’s back. To me Bro dude that’s like, cool.

You can...but you do realize that a multitude of the posts in this thread are yours. I think I counted around 20.;) :)
Tis but a tiny percentage of the $hitposts making up this thread of $hitpostd

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Harvick did not get into him intentionally. Given that, what the hell message is Chase sending with all of this bull****? Don't race me hard? Don't get close to me? So, I guess my point is that Chase should care whether or not what Harvick did was intentionally because it is central to whatever message he is trying to send. I feel like Chase Nation grabs their crotches and readies for a battle that will never come....all to add to the legend. Oh my God, I have spent the week defending Harvick! What's next? A pandemic? Wait.
I think the message, if there is one, isn't really concrete. Its moreso "if I'm pissed, I'm going to push back hard". Words are just games with any driver in a fight. Harvick is who he is and we all know that. I think this is Chase saying that he's not putting up with "****". Whatever "****" *is*, doesn't really matter. He's just not putting up with it and will let himself be angry with other drivers. I'm all for it.

It makes it fun..I mean, we are still talking about this almost a week later..my guy won, and even for me, that's an after thought. This Chase vs Harvick stuff is a blast. And I hope drivers continue to piss off Chase because this is fun.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sound the pool hall siren. Brand....and narrative.

What the hell does that even mean? He's the son of Bill Elliott, whose hometown chose to carry on the tradition with Chase. What does any of this have to do with your "narrative" nonsense?

For a guy who claims to be all about the cars and the tech and the track experience, you sure spend a lot of time talking about the drama and the media/fanbase BS. It's very interesting how you seem to focus solely on how Chase Elliott is perceived by others. Are you jealous of the attention he gets? Clearly you are bothered that his perception is more positive than, oh, let's say someone like your boy Kyle Busch.

I haven't followed this thread very closely. Has anybody brought up the fact that the hard racing is because of the playoffs? IDK seems to me if Harvick didn't do well he wasn't moving on. I had not seen Harvick race that hard all season, he was like the new kid racing for a win. Of course laying a finger on the Nascar jusus is going to ruffle some feathers, but overall the series is showing some really good hard racing that Nascar is known for
Thats exactly what it was and you are spot on

It's one of the more important characteristics of Nascar is that in almost every case they let the drivers settle it without getting involved. So much better than having race control sticking their noses in everything. Elliott and Harvick will get it settled if they haven't already. Neither make it a habit of airing their laundry on twitter like Matty D (I think I got the first Matty D lick in)

It's one of the more important characteristics of Nascar is that in almost every case they let the drivers settle it without getting involved. So much better than having race control sticking their noses in everything. Elliott and Harvick will get it settled if they haven't already. Neither make it a habit of airing their laundry on twitter like Matty D (I think I got the first Matty D lick in)
They'll calm down, especially with a mile and a half coming up. I wouldn't worry about it, this happens I feel like every week in short track racing

What the hell does that even mean? He's the son of Bill Elliott, whose hometown chose to carry on the tradition with Chase. What does any of this have to do with your "narrative" nonsense?

For a guy who claims to be all about the cars and the tech and the track experience, you sure spend a lot of time talking about the drama and the media/fanbase BS. It's very interesting how you seem to focus solely on how Chase Elliott is perceived by others. Are you jealous of the attention he gets? Clearly you are bothered that his perception is more positive than, oh, let's say someone like your boy Kyle Busch.
Chase absorbs whatever romantic image his fanbase has of him....and part of that is his Dad's legacy. That is his brand which produces the narrative of Bill's son whether or not he is anything like his Dad. So that's all that is.

Yep, I love the cars, tech, and at track product. I participate in the drama discussion because, well, frankly, for many if hot most that defines the sport. I play along. Am I jealous of Chase's image? Not really. He is one brand, and KB is another. You pick you preference. Careful not to derail the thread with the KB discussion. Pisses @StandOnIt off.

I will always be more of the manufacturer loyalty guy. I love the Chevy v. Ford thing. Hope MY Toyotas can be an equal part of that conversation some day.

The message is control your car and quit cutting my left front.
So, basically don't race me hard, right? If you go to the edge, you are going to go too far on occasion. I think a veteran who still hasn't won this season probably pushed harder than he might have otherwise. Is the message, don't push that hard around me, or I will **** with you? Does that even deserve the mythical "pay back?"

Again, you're reaching. I never said that. I did say that Chase obviously gave no F's about Harv and CHASE wasn't afraid. Chase pulled the bitch move on the track by retaliating. Harv played the bitch the rest of the night.
Yeah, then what is the finger in the chest not taking it BS about?

Harvick was so pissed he probably didn't even think about his helmet still being on until he took it off and tried to beat his car roof up with it. :) .
But the legend of Chase has Harvick so scared that he left his helmet on to protect himself.

Chase absorbs whatever romantic image his fanbase has of him....and part of that is his Dad's legacy. That is his brand which produces the narrative of Bill's son whether or not he is anything like his Dad. So that's all that is.

Yep, I love the cars, tech, and at track product. I participate in the drama discussion because, well, frankly, for many if hot most that defines the sport. I play along. Am I jealous of Chase's image? Not really. He is one brand, and KB is another. You pick you preference. Careful not to derail the thread with the KB discussion. Pisses @StandOnIt off.

I will always be more of the manufacturer loyalty guy. I love the Chevy v. Ford thing. Hope MY Toyotas can be an equal part of that conversation some day.
I don't want to speak for anybody else, but at least in my case, I have always felt that Chase's "narrative" or "brand"or whatever you want to call it is just what it is. I don't think he has ever gone out of his way to cultivate it or change it or do anything to sway favor with anyone. He is what he is, take it or leave it. His dad's fans may have embraced him, but I don't think he is his dad any more than Dale Jr was. If some of his fans make him out to be something else, that is THEIR problem, not his. Like you I am a manufacturer first guy, but I do become a true fan of certain drivers, IF they drive my brand and I like them. Not to derail this thread, but when HMS hired Kyle Busch, I tried my best to be a loyal supporter, but by the end I just couldn't hold back my dislike for him, Chevy driver or not. I guess what I'm saying is just because certain fans want to try to put Chase on a pedestal, doesn't mean that he looks at himself that way, in fact I think he would be very much opposed to that. Don't judge him by what some of his fans say or do. I for one don't think he's perfect, or always right, or beyond criticism. Every driver I have ever known, like every paint and body man I have ever known, is just a little bit screwy and off center. I can get along with them, but I never truly understand them.

Absolutely agree, it appeared, at least to me that there was an increase in driver anxiety through out the race. Two things stood out that I noticed, Harvick was more competitive than he was all year, and Larson impressed me by not using up his car...he used a bit more restraint that allowed for him not to slow down as much in the long runs. Have to give Larson credit, he would burn cars up when he was at Ganassi, he does not seem to be that way anymore.

I don't know if it's a real philosophical change of attitude, or if it's just that he currently doesn't feel the need to over drive the crap out of his cars to make up for a lack of speed, but there IS a definite difference in his driving style, and it's one I wasn't sure he was capable of. I haven't ever seen enough of his dirt track style to comment on how he approaches that.

Door Bumper Clear goes into Bristol a bit, as expected… Jen Fryer is on there, really not much to take away from her points. She thinks Harvick is changed since becoming a father which I think is the biggest bunch of gator crap someone could pretend to say right now. This sport really needs some new journalists more than it needs a new car or a new schedule.

…Harvick is a guy who shoved Brad Keselowski and gordon into a brawl with each other when it wasn’t even Harvicks thing to start with. He wrecks the field At talladega to save his championship chances… Kevin is no role model for anyone…

I don't know if it's a real philosophical change of attitude, or if it's just that he currently doesn't feel the need to over drive the crap out of his cars to make up for a lack of speed, but there IS a definite difference in his driving style, and it's one I wasn't sure he was capable of. I haven't ever seen enough of his dirt track style to comment on how he approaches that.
Have had the pleasure of watching three Sprint car races with Larson. One he won outright, almost decimated the entire field, one he struggled mightily at, and the third one was the best... he did not win, but finished second. As in the one that he won running away, he took the lead a little over half way....with two laps to go, he blew a right front tire. Most drivers would have pulled off the track....he did not. He actually figured out a way to hook the rim, goose the throttle to steer the car with the stagger in the rear, then lift the front end to do a wheelie down the straights. He damn near won the thing, the guy chasing him did not catch him until the middle of turn 3 on the last lap. Have a lot of respect for that little guy.

So, basically don't race me hard, right? If you go to the edge, you are going to go too far on occasion. I think a veteran who still hasn't won this season probably pushed harder than he might have otherwise. Is the message, don't push that hard around me, or I will **** with you? Does that even deserve the mythical "pay back?"
Rev, it means just what it says. He cut him at Darlington and thats a fresh wound, then Bristol comes along and boom, same thing. Harvicks anger and bewilderment is amusing. To be clear if it was the other way around I'd call it the same way. Im not a drivers fan or a manufacturer's fan, you know that

Rev, it means just what it says. He cut him at Darlington and thats a fresh wound, then Bristol comes along and boom, same thing. Harvicks anger and bewilderment is amusing. To be clear if it was the other way around I'd call it the same way. Im not a drivers fan or a manufacturer's fan, you know that
No, I completely respect your objectivity--always have. The thing is that if Harvick didn't mean to do it, what is Chase big balling him for? What is he trying to get Harvick to understand? I think that Chase knows that what Harvick did was unintentional.....so, in my mind, the message is give me more space--which is a kinder way of saying....Don't race me hard. In reality, I think Harvick is the kind of guy that is really going to get aggressive now. Chase better hope he sticks around for awhile because Harvick with nothing to lose, no wins, and a bruised ego might be pretty sassy. I think what we saw from Harvick was that he had a win slip away, and he legitimately had someone to blame for it. Particularly at his age, you don't know if he gets another shot at one.

She thinks Harvick is changed since becoming a father which I think is the biggest bunch of gator crap someone could pretend to say right now.
I am going to be honest....I think the fact that Harvick is a Dad influenced his reaction last Saturday night. I really do. I don't think it has changed his driving, but who he is outside of the car is definitely different IMO.

I don't want to speak for anybody else, but at least in my case, I have always felt that Chase's "narrative" or "brand"or whatever you want to call it is just what it is. I don't think he has ever gone out of his way to cultivate it or change it or do anything to sway favor with anyone. He is what he is, take it or leave it. His dad's fans may have embraced him, but I don't think he is his dad any more than Dale Jr was. If some of his fans make him out to be something else, that is THEIR problem, not his. Like you I am a manufacturer first guy, but I do become a true fan of certain drivers, IF they drive my brand and I like them. Not to derail this thread, but when HMS hired Kyle Busch, I tried my best to be a loyal supporter, but by the end I just couldn't hold back my dislike for him, Chevy driver or not. I guess what I'm saying is just because certain fans want to try to put Chase on a pedestal, doesn't mean that he looks at himself that way, in fact I think he would be very much opposed to that. Don't judge him by what some of his fans say or do. I for one don't think he's perfect, or always right, or beyond criticism. Every driver I have ever known, like every paint and body man I have ever known, is just a little bit screwy and off center. I can get along with them, but I never truly understand them.
I agree, Chase is a very private person as far as I am concerned. His actions or lack of them speak louder than words. He doesn't live in the Charlotte area, very seldom tweets except to publicize a cause or a sponsor so most of his fans can believe what they want about him. Harvick's reputation from way back is that of a scrapper, a hothead, a driver you don't want to mess with. Harvick is on the south side of 40...leave your helmet on when dealing with pissed off young bucs. Wisdom of older age. :cool:

No, I completely respect your objectivity--always have. The thing is that if Harvick didn't mean to do it, what is Chase big balling him for? What is he trying to get Harvick to understand? I think that Chase knows that what Harvick did was unintentional.....so, in my mind, the message is give me more space--which is a kinder way of saying....Don't race me hard. In reality, I think Harvick is the kind of guy that is really going to get aggressive now. Chase better hope he sticks around for awhile because Harvick with nothing to lose, no wins, and a bruised ego might be pretty sassy. I think what we saw from Harvick was that he had a win slip away, and he legitimately had someone to blame for it. Particularly at his age, you don't know if he gets another shot at one.
"Don't race me hard?" Please Rev. I think the message was more "if you could stop hitting me in the left side every week that would be great." He was mad at big contact two weeks in a row, and a past history of no quarter being given. Grow up and move the heck on. Vegas!

1632588772743.png

He doesnt know at the moment if its intentional or not. All he knows is he's hitting pit road pissed and his race is over and within a couple of weeks this is the second time the 4 banks off of him. Drivers get tired of hearing " i didnt mean too". Control your car, dont drive in over your head.

He doesnt know at the moment if its intentional or not. All he knows is he's hitting pit road pissed and his race is over and within a couple of weeks this is the second time the 4 banks off of him. Drivers get tired of hearing " i didnt mean too". Control your car, dont drive in over your head.
That's too neat and logical an answer, @Spotter22 . Rev needs the deep, dark story of dank corruption and marketing.

I'd like to offer some advice that a pathology professor told us: when you find yourself ankle deep in horse s**t, stop looking for zebras. Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one.

Back
Top Bottom