Dirt late models 2020

KTMLew01

Team Owner
For those that really like the technical stuff 7:40 has the Custom Chassis Freddie Smith car that was the first all round tube chassis. Had a sprint car rear diff and ran wishbone rear suspension links. It was SUPER light. They had to run a TON of stagger to get them to turn due to downforce.

KTMLew01

Team Owner
The World of Outlaws were back in Tennessee last night. What a crazy race.

Man they have got their shock package figured out. I used to help on the Rocket House car waaaay back in the mid 80's & early 90's. Wish I had given it more attention as an actual job. Just didn't believe it had a future. Now they are international. Oh well.

gnomesayin

Team Owner
The track was closer to one groove than the first night. Looked hard to use the bottom to beat anyone on the cushion, but it kept everyone close, and there were several good prolonged battles.

I've been watching all of the WoO late model races since DIRTVision is all one package now, but I'm not currently subscribed to LucasOilRacingTV, because I can only watch so many races every Friday and Saturday. So I'm not seeing their recent races. Jimmy Owens won their 100 lap Clash at the Mag race last night. Seems like he is the dominant driver right now on that side, and Jonathan Davenport has taken a step back.

gnomesayin

Team Owner
Word is Chris Madden is leaving Scott Bloomquist and has a new ride lined up.
Yup.

It's interesting that this article notes that Madden's one win on the season came on January 3, before WoO announced their droop rule. Bloomer was DQed the other night over a part that was in violation of that rule. The droop rule seems to have set their program back significantly.

gnomesayin

Team Owner
Good one here, big first time win for Ashton Winger. Brandon Sheppard is a consummate pro and raced this very clean.

Top Bottom