Dirt late models 2020

For those that really like the technical stuff 7:40 has the Custom Chassis Freddie Smith car that was the first all round tube chassis. Had a sprint car rear diff and ran wishbone rear suspension links. It was SUPER light. They had to run a TON of stagger to get them to turn due to downforce.

The World of Outlaws were back in Tennessee last night. What a crazy race.

Man they have got their shock package figured out. I used to help on the Rocket House car waaaay back in the mid 80's & early 90's. Wish I had given it more attention as an actual job. Just didn't believe it had a future. Now they are international. Oh well.

The track was closer to one groove than the first night. Looked hard to use the bottom to beat anyone on the cushion, but it kept everyone close, and there were several good prolonged battles.

I've been watching all of the WoO late model races since DIRTVision is all one package now, but I'm not currently subscribed to LucasOilRacingTV, because I can only watch so many races every Friday and Saturday. So I'm not seeing their recent races. Jimmy Owens won their 100 lap Clash at the Mag race last night. Seems like he is the dominant driver right now on that side, and Jonathan Davenport has taken a step back.

Word is Chris Madden is leaving Scott Bloomquist and has a new ride lined up.

Word is Chris Madden is leaving Scott Bloomquist and has a new ride lined up.

Yup.

It's interesting that this article notes that Madden's one win on the season came on January 3, before WoO announced their droop rule. Bloomer was DQed the other night over a part that was in violation of that rule. The droop rule seems to have set their program back significantly.

Good one here, big first time win for Ashton Winger. Brandon Sheppard is a consummate pro and raced this very clean.

Lucas Oil Finis
Lucas Oil finish.jpg
h.

Over/Under? How many races will it take till Kyle Larson sees victory lane in a late model. Not sure what the schedule is, but I'll say 6.

Over/Under? How many races will it take till Kyle Larson sees victory lane in a late model. Not sure what the schedule is, but I'll say 6.
Is that a done deal? Lots of rumors, but some are not credible at all.

My info is solid! Although there may be a schedule change with the acquisition of Husets Speedway by Tod Quiring and with him adding a WoO race with a great purse.

Jimmy Owens, the hottest driver with the Lucas Oil series, is running with the Outlaws tonight. It's interesting to see him and Sheppard match up directly.

50-lappers and even 100-lappers are where it's at with dirt late models, as the races really develop. Good one tonight at the Davenport 1/4 mile, which has delivered a solid race twice this year.

Tyler Erb just pulled some dumbassed Bowman Gray **** at the USA Nationals at Cedar Lake. There was an on-track incident with Bobby Pierce after they raced hard for many laps, and Erb spun. He proceeded to drive backwards on the track and then into Pierce's front end. He then peeled off with a WoO official at his door, knocking him to the ground.

Was and is a good race otherwise.

Pierce was also DQed, as his crew entered the track when Erb started chasing Pierce around.

Pierce was also DQed, as his crew entered the track when Erb started chasing Pierce around.

My guess is that's end of Erb's season in WOO. They surely won't stand for that. Appeared Pierce spun him on purpose but didn't see what happened before that and Erb had a huge meltdown. When you start using the car as a weapon you gone. Inexcusable.

Tyler Erb just raced his last race of 2020, that was a complete amateur hour move in my view.

Pierce was at fault for the racing incident. He has a tendency to drive over his head. I doubt it was fully intentional, as they had battled for many laps prior to that. But Pierce dumped Erb, and Erb had every right to be upset.

Just no right to pull those antics on track. I agree with Kevin Swindell's take.

Erb doesn't race many WoO events, so a suspension there doesn't hurt much. He's been a Lucas full-timer this season. It will be interesting to see if they take any action.

Highlights of the actual race, big win for Brandon Overton.

Guess you have me on ignore...
No not all all, apologies and nothing malicious I was half asleep when I posted that, Come to think of it I really don’t have anyone on ignore

As a fan, Bobby Pierce is fun to watch, because he's always trying to knock the wall down and use the high groove on tracks where few will. But he is reckless and tears up a lot of cars (his and others).

Erb is a hot-headed moron, and by no means is he known for a being clean racer himself. Will be interesting to see if Lucas does anything, because a WoO suspension has little impact. Can they really justify taking action over events at a rival series race?

@Snappy D, you should post more about whatever dirt stuff you watch. We need all the help we can get down here. :D
I don’t watch as much as I should. I know a lot of the drivers and I too am a fan of Bobby Pierce, he’s fun as hell to watch an Illinois guy to boot. I’ll post what I can when I see what I think is cool when twitter posts it. I have to get dirt vision but I don’t want to watch my lap top or iPad. If I could get it on a smart TV though....

I don’t watch as much as I should. I know a lot of the drivers and I too am a fan of Bobby Pierce, he’s fun as hell to watch an Illinois guy to boot. I’ll post what I can when I see what I think is cool when twitter posts it. I have to get dirt vision but I don’t want to watch my lap top or iPad. If I could get it on a smart TV though....
Me and my girlfriend were talking today about signing up for more dirt streaming stuff since we have been avoiding going to the track with the virus. Just trying to figure out what we want since it doesn't help being more of sprint car and modified fans then late model fans that I need about 3 things to see it all.

Me and my girlfriend were talking today about signing up for more dirt streaming stuff since we have been avoiding going to the track with the virus. Just trying to figure out what we want since it doesn't help being more of sprint car and modified fans then late model fans that I need about 3 things to see it all.
I would watch every WoO race if I did have Dirt Vision but I don’t want to stare at my laptop or IPad for 3 hours a piece. The next tv I get, hopefully I can download the app and watch it there.

I would watch every WoO race if I did have Dirt Vision but I don’t want to stare at my laptop or IPad for 3 hours a piece. The next tv I get, hopefully I can download the app and watch it there.
Yeah she has a smart tv so I'll see what we can do there first

Back
Top Bottom