Dirt late models 2020

With as many races as there are between DIRTVision and FloRacing, I end up watching a lot of them on my phone while outside or away from home, let alone my computer. Only about a third of the time do I end up casting to a TV (via a Chromecast).

I was never big enough on late models to pay for a subscription to watch them live, but now that they've been included in the same DIRTVision package this year, I'm getting more hooked. I started paying for LucasOilRacing.TV to watch that series too. But sometimes it's all too much, like getting carried away at a buffet. :D

Tyler Erb just raced his last race of 2020, that was a complete amateur hour move in my view.

Erb has raced his last WoO race of 2020. I doubt that Lucas Oil or any other series will suspend him.

Erb has raced his last WoO race of 2020. I doubt that Lucas Oil or any other series will suspend him.
I didnt realize he raced Lucas Oil full time and was part time in WoO, I am a novice fan when it comes to some of these guys.

I didnt realize he raced Lucas Oil full time and was part time in WoO, I am a novice fan when it comes to some of these guys.

Erb did race the WoO series for several years, but the last two he's moved over to Lucas. His schedule included another upcoming WoO event though. I assume no longer.

WoO series director Casey Shuman stated on Twitter that penalties were coming today for both Erb and the Pierce team.

My guess is Erb will get a fine and a suspension and Pierce will get a fine because he dad came onto the track and confronted Erb.

Fantastic LOLMDS race last night at Florence. I wish they would cut highlight clips and post to social media like other series do. The last 10 laps were wild, with Brandon Overton chasing down Jimmy Owens and then getting passed by Mike Marlar. Overton tried a big slider on Marlar in the final corner, and Marlar turned underneath him for the victory.

Fantastic LOLMDS race last night at Florence. I wish they would cut highlight clips and post to social media like other series do. The last 10 laps were wild, with Brandon Overton chasing down Jimmy Owens and then getting passed by Mike Marlar. Overton tried a big slider on Marlar in the final corner, and Marlar turned underneath him for the victory.
Did you catch Saturday's North/South 100? There was action all night throughout the whole field.

p3957947223-4.jpg

p3957946819-4.jpg

This will be very interesting, since late models are a different style of driving and there is a real pecking order with equipment and setup advantages.

That is true, but his equipment will be top notch in that longhorn setup by Rumley. That car has a long history of winning. I am very excited to see what Kyle can do this weekend.

That is true, but his equipment will be top notch in that longhorn setup by Rumley. That car has a long history of winning. I am very excited to see what Kyle can do this weekend.

Good point. Rumley is a very good crew chief. Jonathan Davenport dominated when they were together and has taken a major step back this year after they separated in the middle of last season. Larson should have the knowledge he needs behind him. Do you know what Rumley's car has done this year and who has been in it?

Good point. Rumley is a very good crew chief. Jonathan Davenport dominated when they were together and has taken a major step back this year after they separated in the middle of last season. Larson should have the knowledge he needs behind him. Do you know what Rumley's car has done this year and who has been in it?

True on the relationship between JD and Rumley. 2015 is one of those fairytale years you only ever hear about from old timers, but we got to see it for ourselves. Won every big race they entered that year.

About the 6 car this year, i honestly do not know if it has raced any this year or who has driven it. Last year TMac drove it to a couple nice wins (firecracker and Atomic) but since then I do not know.

The thing about late models is that it only take a little bit to be way out to lunch. The shock packages these guys run is on a whole other level. I have a family member who used to race full time on a tour and hearing him talk makes it sound pretty frustrating when things are going pretty good and then it is provisional after provisional because they just cannot get the setup like they want.

I'm wishing the best for Kyle this weekend. As a dirt late model fan, he will bring some eyes for sure.

Over/Under? How many races will it take till Kyle Larson sees victory lane in a late model. Not sure what the schedule is, but I'll say 6.
Over/under to victory lane at 6 races. What's your thoughts? I say under.

Over/under to victory lane at 6 races. What's your thoughts? I say under.

For me it depends on the races they choose to run. Against Lucas or WoO regulars, I would say over, but if they decide to hit a regional show then I could see him winning pretty quick. They are racing 3 this weekend so we will see how he stacks up against some of the best rather quickly.

My official answer is over 6 races.

Be surprised if Larson doesn't win his heat. Assuming he doesn't run over somebody and wad up bigtime. No coverage unless you have the $99 yearly sub to Lucas Oil TV.

Did you guys see that battle Larson had with Owens? Damn.

McCreadie was untouchable. Larson finished fifth after slapping the wall on the last lap. He previously had third in hand and was trying to make a run on Strickler for second. It was a great showing for his first race.

Did you guys see that battle Larson had with Owens? Damn.

McCreadie was untouchable. Larson finished fifth after slapping the wall on the last lap. He previously had third in hand and was trying to make a run on Strickler for second. It was a great showing for his first race.
I don't have sub to LOLMS. Was just following it on Twitter. Maybe it's eventually be on MavTv. Do have that.

I don't have sub to LOLMS. Was just following it on Twitter. Maybe it's eventually be on MavTv. Do have that.

It looked like they had the MavTV signs up in the infield, and the announcers acted like they were leading into commercial breaks even though there are none on the live broadcast. So it probably will be on at some point.

Back
Top Bottom