Dirt late models 2020

One of the best tracks in the country. I have to make it there one day soon.

Bloomquist wins his first major series feature of the year tonight with WoO, over Brandon Sheppard and Darrell Lanigan.

Now off to watch the Lucas race as well, it's nice that it is running later tonight.

Bloomquist wins his first major series feature of the year tonight with WoO, over Brandon Sheppard and Darrell Lanigan.

Now off to watch the Lucas race as well, it's nice that it is running later tonight.

Was a good feature, nice win for Richards.

Side note, was driving home from Florida yesterday and got home around 11pm central and was surprised to see them doing track prep at midnight eastern lol. I was happy I got to watch the feature and the track raced good, but what a long day for everyone involved.

Yeah, Richards and that CBR car are suddenly looking better than either have for years. Good to see.

Tim McCreadie wins $15k with Lucas at the Brownstown 100, took the lead early and led the rest of the way with some challenge by Davenport.

Brandon Sheppard breaks a local driver's heart in PA with WoO. Jared Miley had it won until caution came out when he was in turn 3 coming to the checkers, but Sheppard outwitted him on the GWC. This was a really good race overall.

Reading/hearing he may be in the Sellers double down car next year. That would certainly be a good place to land with plenty of funding and an owner who wants to be on the road.

Confirmed. Team switching to Rocket chassis. Running the Lucas Oil tour.

Looking forward to the DTWC this weekend at Portsmouth. I believe at $100,000 to win it will be the highest paying dirt race of the year, with the sprint car crown jewels on hiatus. Larson is the wild card, will be something if he can beat these guys again.

Can I just say how good TMac's paint scheme looks this weekend at the DTWC.

EkgFHTOXgAEkUvC.jpeg.jpg

Not the best track surface. It was pretty good early, but the last half with the way it rubbered up, it was nothing but single file on the very bottom. McCreadie and Erb could make a run on the top the first few laps after a restart (there were a lot), but that's it.

They reworked the track and watered top to bottom before the main, but it wasn't enough. Congrats to Sheppard, he's a consummate pro.

Portsmouth is an awful place for the DTWC. But it's probably not going anywhere as long as the current family still owns the track.

Brandon Overton easily wins the first night in Charlotte with the Outlaws. Dennis Erb Jr. 2nd and McCreadie 3rd. Donny Schatz finishes 4th, how about that? I believe that is his best result ever in a national late model race.

Kyle Larson set fast time, but it was downhill from there. He started 13th in the feature and dropped out at lap 20.

TMac wins night 2 of the Last Call in Charlotte. Larson sets track record again and finished 8th in the feature. Track looked really rough and I am wondering how the sprints will do if they don't work the track any better than the last couple of nights.

Back
Top Bottom