Dirt Late Models 2021

Davenport wins the main event, has been hard to beat lately. Tyler Erb challenged him a couple times late but couldn't make it work, Larson following closely in third. Track was a dust bowl.

I like watching Bobby Pierce ride the rim, but it's hard to like him when he pulls crap like this on undeserving clean racers like Ryan Gustin. Then blames Gustin after the race.

His interview after the race was cringe. I am not a fan of any driver that expects another driver to hit the brakes after they park their car in front of them after a questionable slider. I was taught way back in junior Karting that it is the responsibility of the passer to ensure a pass is completed clean and safe. Bobby did neither of those in this case. I hope Gustin has a backup to unload for tonight and puts it on him.

Good Lucas race with T-Mac stealing the victory from RTJ on the final lap. Thornton couldn't get around Devin Moran to lap him, and that was the opening McCreadie needed. Davenport rallied from a slow start to finish third.

His interview after the race was cringe. I am not a fan of any driver that expects another driver to hit the brakes after they park their car in front of them after a questionable slider. I was taught way back in junior Karting that it is the responsibility of the passer to ensure a pass is completed clean and safe. Bobby did neither of those in this case. I hope Gustin has a backup to unload for tonight and puts it on him.

Some karma tonight, as Pierce started up front and looked set to run away with it, but faded and ended up finishing 8th (and behind Gustin, lol). Jason Papich won. Strong race on a night with many of them.

Lots of news yesterday. Scott Bloomquist has dropped off the WoO tour, going to run big money races wherever he wants. And Darrell Lanigan is out of his ride with Viper Motorsports.

A-Main from Atomic for $22,000 to win about to go green on Flo. Strong field tonight for this one. Moran, Davenport, McCreadie, Overton starting in the front two rows. Should be a good one.

Atomic usually puts on a great show, and last night was no exception. Moran led all 50 laps due to some lucky timing of cautions, as Davenport was probably faster but only was able to make the pass right before a yellow or two saved Moran. But the movement and racing through the field behind that was wild.

Maybe it's because I was just watching them at Bristol the other week, but I don't think I've ever seen a super late model look that slow. Anyway McCready wins it

Maybe it's because I was just watching them at Bristol the other week, but I don't think I've ever seen a super late model look that slow. Anyway McCready wins it

They did look slow around that flat little track.

This is coming up today. Interesting to see a return of a 5/8 mile track.

That track wasn't very competitive back-in-the-day. Doubt it'll be any better. Just too big and fast. Should have made the 3/8 mile configuration right and had something.

I was on that briefly was distracted by the announcer being named Spanky

The big track actually raced fairly well, they just had a thin field beyond the few big headliners. Funny race though. Moran led most of the way with Davenport having to come through the field, having started ninth. Davenport made quick work of most everyone and had caught Moran before a caution, and during the yellow both pulled off to change flat tires. Many others were losing tires as well.

Tyler Erb inherited the lead, and by the end both Davenport and Moran had made their way back through the field onto his tail. Erb managed to hold the lead, but then lost his left rear tire in turn 2 on the final lap. Another caution, and Davenport beats Moran on the GWC.

They were slow. Track was too dry and didn't offer much speed. It was heavy bottom and finally locked down half way through the feature. I felt like I could high five each driver was they went by.

Last night at the Lucas race at Ponderosa Speedway, Davenport passed McCreadie in the final corner to steal the win, after T-Mac led the entire way. The Longhorns definitely are on it, and seem to be ahead of the curve right now.

Lucas will be racing again tonight at Florence, KY for $15,000 while WoO is at Boone, IA for the Hawkeye 100 paying $30,000.

Race of the year candidate last night at Florence. Josh Rice picks up his first LOLMDS win on his home track after passing O'Neal with 3 to go.

Caught most of this. Rice drove the wheels off that thing trying to get around O'Neal for the second half of the race. He kept throwing these massive sliders at him in 1 and 2, but could never make it stick until Hudson caught a lapped car wrong and that was Rice's opening. You could see how pumped up the local crowd was.

Hell of a WoO race in Wisconsin tonight with Chris Madden winning the 60 lapper and $22000. Constant battles and position changes behind him throughout, with Ryan Gustin finally having some luck and finishing second, with Sheppard third and Strickler fourth.

Larson wins, with Tanner English passing him for one lap on lap 24, but Larson got back around him and drove away. Davenport third, Sheppard fourth. Good race.

Wow, big news there. What an up and down year it has been for Strickler. He's still fairly high up in the points with WoO, I wonder if he'll get something lined up to continue.

Wow, big news there. What an up and down year it has been for Strickler. He's still fairly high up in the points with WoO, I wonder if he'll get something lined up to continue.

From what I've heard, this has been brewing for a little bit. I'm really interested to see who ends up in that seat. It's a quality ride with an owner who spends some money.

I don't know if they showed the big block race after the Outlaws but was crazy good Ryan Godown sneaks by for 3rd in traffic on a all green race to take the win after a bunch of lead changes between the top 2

I guess it isn't surprising that Strickler has landed with Bloomquist, at least for now. I wonder how he will do in that equipment.

This might be one of the highest profile weeks ever in dirt late model racing with back to back Dreams paying huge money ($127,000 and $126,000 to win Thursday and Saturday nights), Kyle Larson competing, and the races being available on FloRacing without separate PPV charges.

Favorites based on performance this year have to include Davenport, McCreadie, Larson, and Hudson O'Neal. I also believe Devin Moran and B-Shepp are likely to be in contention. Do the late model fans around here have anyone else you're predicting to run up front or are especially rooting for?

I'm predicting someone surprising will win one of the two this weekend.

Brandon Overton wins the first of the twin features over Kyle Bronson, and Jonathan Davenport wins the second over Jimmy Owens. Larson was eighth in the second race.

Davenport looks like he's in his own league.

The second feature was a bit of a snoozer as nobody had anything for Davenport.

Blown engine, stuck throttle, quite a display.

These guys have no experience/knowledge about diesels. Cover the intake to remove the air. It can't run without air. It wasn't "stuck wide-open" just ate a piston and started dieseling/run off it's own oil. Mark Richards probably did the right thing by moving everyone back to avoid shrapnel damage.

Back
Top Bottom