Dirt Late Models 2022

All Tech is a nice track, technical and fast. Brandon Sheppard dominates to win, with Devin Moran coming from 15th to finish 2nd after Davenport slows on the final straight and settles for third.

Incredible Lucas race at All Tech sees Jimmy Owens take the victory after passing both Moran and McCreadie, who staged a long close battle during the middle portion of the 50 lap race. So much passing on a wide, slick track.

1. Jimmy Owens
2. Tim McCreadie
3. Jonathan Davenport
4. Devin Moran
5. Brandon Sheppard

Incredible Lucas race at All Tech sees Jimmy Owens take the victory after passing both Moran and McCreadie, who staged a long close battle during the middle portion of the 50 lap race. So much passing on a wide, slick track.

1. Jimmy Owens
2. Tim McCreadie
3. Jonathan Davenport
4. Devin Moran
5. Brandon Sheppard
HTF finally got the bugs worked out. Came from 20th to 6th and was pressuring Davenport. Finished 8th with that old junk, 15 year old, boat anchor of a Draime. They have this track dialed in 604 crate class. Had to help.

An unexpected trip finds myself at Eastbay tonight and tomorrow night (if the rains holds out.) Depending on my work schedule I may be able to attend the WoO sprint car opener Thursday night at Volusia as a bonus. Pits are full and the weather is beautiful compared to south western Indiana. I'm excited to be here. Hot laps start at 530 eastern I believe.

20220207_154157.jpg

20220207_154222.jpg

Awesome, your pretty much guaranteed to see a good show, that track with late models is amazing..

Not impressive. Nice to see a different face in victory lane, but the track can only get better from here, I hope.

Really makes those races at All Tech look all the better.

Glass half full point of view is that I was able to attend a race in Florida in February, but in reality, that was pretty lackluster. Happy for Dennis, this was his kind of track tonight. Really hoping tomorrow doesn't rain out so I can catch one more, but it isn't looking great.

East Bay usually puts on some great races. They can get a stinker every now and then and last night's was it.

Glad they got a proper race in tonight. Track was dicey, but still much better than the other night. Sheppard dominates with a gaggle battling hard behind him. Ashton Winger finishes second, Terbo third, Bronson fourth, and RTJ fifth.

Overton ran up front and looked like the only car who could potentially beat Sheppard, but he faded and then had contact with RTJ, and that was ultimately the end of his contention. I missed it and MAVTV never showed a replay, but from what I've heard, it wasn't RTJ's fault.

Last night's race was the best to this point. The outside line started coming in and made for a better race.

Is it just me or are most of the drivers tired of answering dumb questions? Not very many "ready for NASCAR" drivers in Lucas oil. I mean the polished slick response type except McCreadie, Shepard, ????????

I thought Owens swapped to Longhorn? In Rocket tonight.

He went back to the Rocket after struggling badly in the Longhorn, and that's what he won in at All Tech.

Must not have the insider setup info for the Longhorn, or the right shocks, or something.

Watched in bed. Funny last time anyone 3 peated was 2009 by Richards in guess what? Rocket House Car. I'd like to see Lucas make them swap their ignition box for one Lucas supplied.

UMP modifieds at Volusia have a lot of big names. Wish the Super Dirt Car or something would tour nationally a bit more, the racing is just as good as late models IMO.

UMP modifieds at Volusia have a lot of big names. Wish the Super Dirt Car or something would tour nationally a bit more, the racing is just as good as late models IMO.
You don't have the cars nationally because Super Dirtcar and Short Track Super Series are really only run in the Northeast. The STSS has had a Cajun tour the last 2 years and no one shows up to watch.

It looked for more than half of tonight's race that Sheppard was set to dominate yet another one, but then Devin Moran surprised him on a restart, and Sheppard missed the cushion trying to get the lead back, lost 10+ spots, then was caught up in an accident. Moran goes on to win the race, with Tyler Erb in second and Mark Whitener in third.

You don't have the cars nationally because Super Dirtcar and Short Track Super Series are really only run in the Northeast. The STSS has had a Cajun tour the last 2 years and no one shows up to watch.

I get that but IMCA Modifieds are similar & is somewhat popular in some areas. Idk I think Super Dirtcar is better than Lucas Oil/WoO late models

I get that but IMCA Modifieds are similar & is somewhat popular in some areas. Idk I think Super Dirtcar is better than Lucas Oil/WoO late models
If anything I think Northeast Big Blocks put on a way better show then IMCA or UMP, as I've said here before I like them more then late models, but there's not a lot of late models in central and Eastern Pa.

IMCA / UMP / USMTS modifieds are not similar to northeastern big blocks. Personally, I grew up watching the former all over the midwest. They are the lifeblood of so many tracks. I like them on the local and regional level, but I can't get into them nationally.

Most of the guys running the IMCA-derived modifieds want to be in late models if they can make it there. When they do, they talk about how much harder they have to drive the late models to compete. It's a bit like 360 sprints vs. 410s. While there are a lot of problems in the late model world with costs and technology, on a national level I prefer how much more demanding the late models are to drive.

Big blocks are a different thing. I just haven't been immersed in them to be able to fully appreciate them.

Didn’t really imply that big block modifieds were the same, just saying they’re all modifieds and identified as such

That was a feel-good win last night for Ryan Gustin, who has worked long and hard to make a go of it in late models. It went down too late for me to stay up for it, but I caught the replay. Now onto WoO shows at Volusia starting tonight, with nearly 60 cars in attendance.

Dale McDowell grabs his second win after prostrate surgery at Volusia. It was his kind of track, hard and slick.

McDowell's comeback and early season success is really cool.

Who is going to win is a mystery, but seems like you can pencil Devin Moran into second place every night, no matter where he starts.

McDowell's comeback and early season success is really cool.

Who is going to win is a mystery, but seems like you can pencil Devin Moran into second place every night, no matter where he starts.
His dad raced at local track in WV and did same thing. Lots of big-dogs went thru that track. It's gone now. Auto auction next door finally bought the property and dozed it flat. The dust made their life difficult. Track had a few names over the years. Interstate Raceway/I-79 Raceway & I think another variation of that. Maybe Brennan Raceway? Right across road from Rocket Chassis.

Moran, Mike Balzano, Steve Shaver, Steve Baker, Jeff Purvis & Swartz for big races. This was back in 80's & 90's. Cars were changing by the week. Miss those days.

Volusia track is garbage tonight, everyone putting around the bottom in the rubber for the last half of the main.

Back
Top Bottom