Dirt Late Models 2022

I didn't know that Bubba Pollard owned a dirt car.

In this Flo feature, he talks about his future plans for running more dirt. He also goes into more detail about his families purchase of Senoia.

Good racing, long green run to start sets up a good finish with less than 20 to go. Erb will certainly give Owens a run, O'Neal and Sheppard may be the fastest cars coming from fourth and sixth.

Owens made that look pretty easy overall. Moran almost got there at the end. Bad coverage by MAV to sleep through Moran closing on him for several laps.

Pretty good main event.

1. Jimmy Owens
2. Devin Moran
3. Tyler Erb
4. Hudson O'Neal
5. Brandon Sheppard

Owens made that look pretty easy overall. Moran almost got there at the end. Bad coverage by MAV to sleep through Moran closing on him for several laps.

Pretty good main event.

1. Jimmy Owens
2. Devin Moran
3. Tyler Erb
4. Hudson O'Neal
5. Brandon Sheppard
I got distracted. Had it on but wasn't really paying attention. Main reason don't have Flo. I can't seem to focus on racing like I used to. Flo is a waste of money for me. Mav works just fine. CHEAP!😂😂😂

The Bristol Dirt Nationals will start this weekend. Already some big names that are supposed to be racing in it. Then, Kyle Larson will join next weekend.

Chris Ferguson wins night #2 at Bristol for $50k.

Watching the WoO race at Cherokee now. Not a good race track. Any semblance of a top groove went away by the halfway point of the 60 lap feature, and it's follow the leader in the bottom. Leaders can't even lap anyone. Brandon Sheppard was driving away from the field early, but got caught up with Brent Larson while lapping him and spun. Couldn't get back to the front because of the one lane track. Max Blair inherits the lead and wins.

Chris Ferguson wins night #2 at Bristol for $50k.

Watching the WoO race at Cherokee now. Not a good race track. Any semblance of a top groove went away by the halfway point of the 60 lap feature, and it's follow the leader in the bottom. Leaders can't even lap anyone. Brandon Sheppard was driving away from the field early, but got caught up with Brent Larson while lapping him and spun. Couldn't get back to the front because of the one lane track. Max Blair inherits the lead and wins.
That's typical Cherokee.

Finished 4th. Was only car running high-side until last 10 laps. Madden smoked them again. I mean SMOKED!!!

Hunt The Front broke something in heat race (Driveshaft/transmission?) Switched everything over to other car between heat and B-Main. Qualified thru B by finishing 6th. Finished 18th in Main.

Finished 4th. Was only car running high-side until last 10 laps. Madden smoked them again. I mean SMOKED!!!

Hunt The Front broke something in heat race (Driveshaft/transmission?) Switched everything over to other car between heat and B-Main. Qualified thru B by finishing 6th. Finished 18th in Main.

Larson was at Port Royal with Lucas this afternoon. Led for the first half of the race, which was very intense, until Earl Pearson Jr. chased him down and made a run at him in turns 3 and 4. At that point Larson pinched EPJ down and they made contact. Larson then spun out, and EPJ had a flat and possibly other damage that ended his race. IMO a bad move by Larson, and completely unnecessary to be that aggressive at that point of the race.

Greg Saterlee went on to win in a car that looked beat to hell.

It's disappointing, but not surprising, there are only 2 Cup drivers competing. I think they'd be better off having a Cup-only race like with the Prelude. Having Cup guys with little to no experience in these cars going against guys that do it for a living is a bit unfair.

The team is probably done, though there has been no official announcement of such. Still a fan though.

I thought the late models were at Bristol too this week. Didn't they do that last year?

I thought the late models were at Bristol too this week. Didn't they do that last year?

The late model Dirt Nationals were held over two weekends a couple weeks ago. World of Outlaws sprint cars and late models will be there two weeks from this weekend.

Boyer and the rest of the booth were about half drunk. It was crazy​

Quick Recap

Mike Marlar and Kyle Larson led the field to the green flag for 50 laps of racing. Marlar jumped out to the early lead as Larson, Davenport and Owens swapped positions two through four. While the rest of the field battled for position, Marlar remained untouched and led all 50 laps to secure the $20,000 victory. Owens and Bloomquist both made their way by Larson in the closing laps to complete the podium.

Sprint cars>big block modifieds>dirt late models

XR has All-Tech practice on right now. I hate the XR coverage. The sound is ALWAYS screwed-up. Larson just went out to check the track. The track microphone must be in Pittsburgh. I paid for one month of XR for the Bristol coverage and won't renew.

Sending out one car at a time. Track is still too wet to do anything. Plus they don't run transponders in practice. Running 20ish second laps. Crates run 17's.

Dead air. Only thing I can hear is my ceiling fan & tinnitus. Don't know if they lost sound or went to the ****ter. Feed must have crashed. Exited and resumed and now the elevator music is playing.

Back
Top Bottom