Dirt Late Models 2022

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
Flo will be launching an Illinois late model speedweek.

Also Flo Night in America is back

FB_IMG_1637703422379.jpg

I have started to wonder if we're heading toward Michael Rigsby and FloRacing building a full series that would supplant WoO and WRG as the second option for top late model drivers. I think they are a lot more vulnerable than Lucas is.

Last edited:
I have started to wonder if we're heading toward Michael Rigsby and FloRacing building a full series that would supplant WoO and WRG as the second option for top late model drivers. I think they are a lot more vulnerable than Lucas is.
I could see that being possible, from the way it sounds no one's really sure who is planning to run Outlaws full time.

I could see that being possible, from the way it sounds no one's really sure who is planning to run Outlaws full time.

Max Blair, from your neck of the woods, has announced he's running for rookie of the year on the outlaw tour.

I'm loving what Flo is doing lately. It's easily the best bang for your buck in the racing streaming game, in my opinion.

They like their own niche of running midweek races near other big events to draw drivers from both series. As long as they're making money, I don't see that changing. I asked them about a one-off Saturday race and they weren't very interested in it.

Josh Richards announced that he is running WoO along with Briggs. It will be interesting to see if he can be a title threat there. As I understood it, there is still no official word on the Rocket house car and B-Shepp, but it's sounding more like he / they will be back.

Josh Richards announced that he is running WoO along with Briggs. It will be interesting to see if he can be a title threat there. As I understood it, there is still no official word on the Rocket house car and B-Shepp, but it's sounding more like he / they will be back.
Maybe they'll get a Longhorn so they can compete.

Maybe they'll get a Longhorn so they can compete.

I think there is a difference between buying a retail Longhorn, and being part of the inner circle like Davenport and McCreadie have been. There is nobody in WoO with a Longhorn that has that level of hookup, so I think it can be done with Rockets if the chemistry is right. We'll see.

I think there is a difference between buying a retail Longhorn, and being part of the inner circle like Davenport and McCreadie have been. There is nobody in WoO with a Longhorn that has that level of hookup, so I think it can be done with Rockets if the chemistry is right. We'll see.
Was being sarcastic. There are at least half-dozen builders that can compete at upper level. The driver is more important than some want to believe. But it's also shocks, shocks, shocks. Integra has found something.

I wasn't that night, I think I've seen some video of it though on one of the racing blooper videos.

Holy downtime Batman - these guys at Valdo sure do know how to waste time to sell more burgers and beer. Taking a page straight out of the Forrest Lucas Playbook?

Holy downtime Batman - these guys at Valdo sure do know how to waste time to sell more burgers and beer. Taking a page straight out of the Forrest Lucas Playbook?
The owner has only been running the track for two years with the pandemic effectively killing last season. Last night the sound didn't work hardly at all. Track wasn't great then either. Nobody could get the RF stuck. Looked great earlier when qualifying. I don't have Flo just watched some stuff they put on YouTube.

Just watched the feature replay, good clean race. B-Shepp figured the track out and took control. Interesting mix of drivers present. Donny Schatz is slowly getting better in the late model.

Another dandy of a race tonight at Vado with a wild finish in which Bobby Pierce and Mike Marlar got together fighting for the win in turns 3 and 4 on the final lap, and Garrett Alberson sneaks by for the surprise win, with Pierce spinning out. I'm fine with that, lol.

Tonight's main event at the Wild West Shootout just went green. EPJ on the pole.

1. I like the clean look.

2. Valvoline sponsorship eh? What does that mean for the Rocket house car and Sheppard?

3. Will be very interesting to see how Richards performs in his return to WoO. He couldn't really keep up with Lucas.

Do you know why they are running just a few nights already for the WOO lates? Are these a special race or something? I haven't kept up with the schedules so was just wondering. It doesn't look like they come back till the 16th or so of feb.

3. Will be very interesting to see how Richards performs in his return to WoO. He couldn't really keep up with Lucas.
Richards couldn't keep up in Bowyer's equipment. He won the Lucas championship in his first year driving for Best Motorsports.

It's going to be long nights at Volusia this weekend with the huge amount of crate late models they have in attendance running as support classes for WoO. Not my preference as a viewer to have to wait through all of that, but I'm sure the track is doing well at the back gate.

They had to pull the plug because of track conditions. They'll run the features today at 3:00.

Dale McDowell takes it. Hope they figure out those holes before the sprint cars get there.

Fairly disastrous opening weekend. Weather will always intrude, but at the very least there could have been more urgency to get the WoO portion of the program in last night when rain was known to be incoming. Instead it was the same marathon program bogged down by the bajillion 604 cars in attendance.

Rough racetrack.

50 laps of that will bite you in the morning.

O'Neil hammered the turn 1 wall in qualifying. Car never turned. They trying to fix it. He hit a ton. Wonder if they have a back-up ready. Not a ton of spare parts for the Gen 7 yet...oh wait?:dunce:

Looked to me like he forgot to shut off RF brake. Car just drove absolutely straight into the wall. He said he just wrecked.

Larson on the pole!

Overton had the pole. Failed droop. Pearson failed too. They've changed the body rules and how they are measuring. Both were @ 52" and limit is 51 & 3/4 I believe.

Edit: Limit is 50".

Overton had the pole. Failed droop. Pearson failed too. They've changed the body rules and how they are measuring. Both were @ 52" and limit is 51 & 3/4 I believe.

Edit: Limit is 50".

Interesting, I didn't realize Lucas had a droop rule. Is this a new thing because of the unified rules?

Back
Top Bottom