Dirt Late Models 2022

I'm not a huge fan of the racing at dirt Bristol, but WoO just put on quite a feature. Larson was sent to the rear for supposedly missing the call to staging (the Rumley crew disputes this). He then managed to nearly win the thing from dead last, as he was threatening to take the lead from JD on the last lap but then got into the wall and limped home 8th. Quite a show. Larson wasn't too happy when interviewed and took a shot at WRG.

RIcky Weiss led most of the race until Davenport passed him. Davenport wins another. Great feature race after underwhelming heat racing.

Ricky Weiss closes the deal tonight and wins, with Davenport second and Chris Madden third. Larson started 7th and finished 5th.

Davenport comes from midfield to win the WoO race at Mississippi Thunder in Wisconsin. Bobby Pierce, who won last night, finishes second, with Tyler Erb third. Good race with a well prepped track.

Boom Briggs' cars must be junk, as Brandon Sheppard got in one of them tonight and finished 20th, a lap down.

I ran upon this video yesterday, it was from the fairgrounds speedway in Springfield MO, I'm from the area, and know some others on here are as well. I was a huge Billy Moyer fan growing up, and I'm to young to remember the fairgrounds, but I never knew he ran asphalt, I had just always seen him on dirt at I-44 speedway and a few other tracks around. Him and Phillips put on some good racing in this video, some of you might enjoy it.

I ran upon this video yesterday, it was from the fairgrounds speedway in Springfield MO, I'm from the area, and know some others on here are as well. I was a huge Billy Moyer fan growing up, and I'm to young to remember the fairgrounds, but I never knew he ran asphalt, I had just always seen him on dirt at I-44 speedway and a few other tracks around. Him and Phillips put on some good racing in this video, some of you might enjoy it.

If I remember right, that was the last race they ran at the Fairgrounds. They brought in a bunch of dirt late models and ran them on the asphalt. I have a ton of pics from that race somewhere

If I remember right, that was the last race they ran at the Fairgrounds. They brought in a bunch of dirt late models and ran them on the asphalt. I have a ton of pics from that race somewhere
oh ok I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

WoO about to go green for $50,000 to win. Marlar and Davenport starting front row.

HTF driver Joseph Joiner drove Henderson Motorsports Longhorn @ East Alabama. No bueano. Started 1st in heat finished 4th. Started & finished 12th in feature, lap down. Car just looked to me like it was just skating across the track. But so were about half the field. He's won at that track in his Capital.

Jesse (crew guy) drove another teams 602. Car had issues and scratched.

Pretty much a wasted trip. You'll have those days.

Big Sexy won.

Interesting dilema taking place this weekend with a stacked field for the Illinois Speedweeks on FloRacing and another stacked field at Charlotte for XR.

Interesting dilema taking place this weekend with a stacked field for the Illinois Speedweeks on FloRacing and another stacked field at Charlotte for XR.
I'm watching XR. These huge tracks just aren't very good for late models. Much like WVMS. HTF trying the SuperBowl carb and rear mount fuel pump. Didn't make main out of heat. One spot short.

Listened to their Patreon after the race. Since had to run B-Main, and only allowed to change RR for feature, they started Main with 15 lap tires @ 3 corners of car. Plus Joseph said their handling issues were a chassis manufacturer issue. All the Capitals we're having same problem. On to another night!🧐

Sheppard won the Flo event at Spoon River last night. 56 cars in the pits. There seem to be enough late models to support two big shows even up against each other. Good racing there last night, should be more of the same tonight at Lincoln (IL).

Sheppard won the Flo event at Spoon River last night. 56 cars in the pits. There seem to be enough late models to support two big shows even up against each other. Good racing there last night, should be more of the same tonight at Lincoln (IL).
How is Woo handling the tire shortage?

One thing I've noticed is if the track isn't super heavy & fast Larson is very mortal. Still rolling the track in.

The guys who are the best on dry slick still seem to have a leg up on him. Kinda true in sprint cars too, he's better when the track still has some moisture. One thing he can do is run rings around the late model guys when it's rough.

Soopers are out now doing group hotlaps. Strickler just knocked the wall down. Car is still rolling but hurt. Meh...this is bull****. They qualifying them when the track is still a mudhole. Just about every car went to the pole as they went. Early draws were in mid17's and now they in mid 15's.

Back
Top Bottom