Dirt Late Models 2023

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
305A9C19-C395-432D-833E-5F98D68AC823.jpeg

Lucas follows up. Notice the dirt track world championship is at Eldora this year instead of Portsmouth

I don’t love the Eldora finale with how many good racetracks there are out there.

I don’t like how a lot of the west doesn’t even care either, it’s dumb.

What is there to care about?

2 nights in North Dakota?

Husets has picked up the Lucas Oil Silver Dollar Shootout which was formerly at I80 Speedway, which is now closed.https://www.husetsspeedway.com/press/article/121881

Myself included. I'm not a fan of the playoff format in NASCAR, not a fan of it here.
I heard this was coming. I didn't know when it would drop because I was waiting for the fan reaction. As expected, the fans don't like it.

I heard this was coming. I didn't know when it would drop because I was waiting for the fan reaction. As expected, the fans don't like it.

That because it's a stupid gimmick. It does nothing to add to the racing product on the track and the only thing it did for NASCAR was create fake drama and tensions through the last 10 races. I mean here, the solution is pretty obvious, if you want more drivers to compete in your series, offer bigger purses.

It will be interesting to see the driver/team reaction to this. World of Outlaws have cut down their schedule a bit, bumped up the purses through the field, and have more higher paying races in 2023. It will be interesting to see if a few Lucas drivers go with WoO next year or things stand pat. Chris Madden will be back on the WoO tour next year.

An emerging trend is for late model teams to make their own schedule to go to the big money races instead of belonging to a series like Lucas Oil or WoO.

Which honestly tells me it's about the purses. Want more drivers to follow your schedule, gotta make it worth their time.

Bobby Pierce running a Longhorn and now running for WoO points is one of the most interesting things to happen before things get really cranked up. Credit Steve Francis for some of the changes he's made which has drawn more drivers to start out following them.

Devin Moran came out strong with a win with his new team at Volusia.

Yeah much lower profile races there this year. They also have an event April 22nd led by Cleetus McFarland that is racing Ford Rangers...as well as some Midwest compact series invitational.

After doing this for 2 years, they can't draw cars for the super late models. Too hard on engines and blown tires led to massive crashes. With what they are doing now, it will give drivers in those cars a chance to race there and also not be charged money every time they hit the track.

Watching Lucas event. Crate car spun and backed-up onto one of the infield tires. Just enough to be stuck. Been better than 15 minutes getting it moved. I could have moved it by myself with a floor jack if the tire isn't concreted into the ground. Jack up car, move tire. set car down. Move car. Put tire back. 5 minutes max. With how slow these people move, hope they don't have to do any driver extrication.

Golden Isles needs to up their game.

Watching Lucas event. Crate car spun and backed-up onto one of the infield tires. Just enough to be stuck. Been better than 15 minutes getting it moved. I could have moved it by myself with a floor jack if the tire isn't concreted into the ground. Jack up car, move tire. set car down. Move car. Put tire back. 5 minutes max. With how slow these people move, hope they don't have to do any driver extrication.

Golden Isles needs to up their game.
That's a big problem with tracks in the South. Too many slow people that think slowly too.

...dirt racing needs to come together and have universal names for stuff. What this track is calling Enduros sure looks like street stocks to me...what I call enduros up here are basically junk cars.

...dirt racing needs to come together and have universal names for stuff. What this track is calling Enduros sure looks like street stocks to me...what I call enduros up here are basically junk cars.
Eh, lower series dirt racing is more local/regional than national. If it works it works. I think if you look at the rules for the classes I bet they are diffrent using the same names also. At least that is the way it is around here with three different dirt tracks.

Thunder stock, can't say I have heard of that class, looks pretty cool.

Exciting finish to an otherwise lackluster race on Saturday. Sunday was a wreckfest. At least Ricky Thorton Jr. got the win this time.

How often does your Flo Racing feed stop & buffer? Or lock-up, back up 10-15 seconds and start again? Mine buffers 10-15 times an event. Only seems to be Flo feed.

How often does your Flo Racing feed stop & buffer? Or lock-up, back up 10-15 seconds and start again? Mine buffers 10-15 times an event. Only seems to be Flo feed.
Rarely, I do have like skips if streaming from my phone to my tv...but I blame that on wifi

Back
Top Bottom