Dirt Late Models 2023

Had two different late model races on Flo. One on Roku TCL TV, other on regular TV with a cheap Roku box. Express maybe? Put same race on both. The Roku TV is not only few seconds behind but Roku TV Flo signal has commercials. The Roku box doesn't. Weirdness.and now they are synced up...or within a second.

Anyone catch the XR race from Volunteer this past Saturday? Friday was rained out, so it became a one-day, $100,000 to win show. Largest crowd in track history. They had to stop selling grandstand tickets. Pretty good race. McDowell took home the $100k.

Well, another weekend of rain outs for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. They have not had a race since the Friday night race at East Bay in February.

Lucas on big one, HuntTheFront.TV series on 40".

Attachments

• IMG_20230506_203913737.jpg
    IMG_20230506_203913737.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 72
RTJ with the win! Great race, nice to see T-Mac get a top 5, they have been out to lunch for most of the season

Castrol night in America on Flo tonight from Lincoln. Last night at Spoon River was a great race. Loved that track.

Castrol night in America on Flo tonight from Lincoln. Last night at Spoon River was a great race. Loved that track.
Dennis Erb showed the young guys what it was like racing Purvis/Moran/Moyer back in the day. Straight & smooth. Save those tires for the last 10 laps.

My favorite racing weekend of the year is upon us! I'll be at Wheatland the next 3 nights for the Show-Me 100. The Thursday night race is usually the best of the weekend, so I'm excited for tonight. I'll be sure to wave to you all who are watching on Flo!

My favorite racing weekend of the year is upon us! I'll be at Wheatland the next 3 nights for the Show-Me 100. The Thursday night race is usually the best of the weekend, so I'm excited for tonight. I'll be sure to wave to you all who are watching on Flo!
I need to get out there one of these years. My track usually runs then, that makes it even tougher.

I'm sure you guys have made some Show-Me 100 visit's when it was at West Plains, now those were some fun times. Quite an atmosphere down there.

As is usual. they screwed up start time of the stream. JUST started. Said 7PM. I am a very punctual person. If you ain't there 20 minutes early, YOU LATE!

Only off by 30 minutes tonight. I was suspect of it being at 7PM in the Midwest Really wasn't expecting it to start before 8PM EST. So by that standard THEY EARLY!

I'm sure you guys have made some Show-Me 100 visit's when it was at West Plains, now those were some fun times. Quite an atmosphere down there.
West Plains was awesome, and the Show-Me weekend was always a great time. I wish they would get the Show-Me back, but know that will never happen.
One year in the late 90's during the IRL/CART split, a buddy and I started at Gateway for the CART race, hauled it to West Plains for the Show-Me that night, then drove all night to Indy and met his parents for the 500. Now THAT was a hell of a weekend!

Pouring at WVMS. Place would be great location for a condo. Horrible race track.
I don't understand why anyone thought re-opening a 5/8-mile track was a good idea. Most tracks are downsizing. This place was shortened once and the locals had a fit.

The thing that sticks in my craw is the Lucas series has left several racy tracks that may not have the best facilities. In exchange, they're going to these tracks with nice facilities where the racing isn't near as good or these super-sized tracks where drivers hate going there because of motor failures.

I don't understand why anyone thought re-opening a 5/8-mile track was a good idea. Most tracks are downsizing. This place was shortened once and the locals had a fit.

The thing that sticks in my craw is the Lucas series has left several racy tracks that may not have the best facilities. In exchange, they're going to these tracks with nice facilities where the racing isn't near as good or these super-sized tracks where drivers hate going there because of motor failures.
Hearing rumors drivers pulled the plug when it started raining. Didn't want to race on a hooked-up 5/8 mile track. I was basically live tweeting during the chaos from my recliner. Just watching what little pit coverage we got, saw McCreadie in a hauler talking to Davenport and McCreadie was pacing around shaking his head NO!

He stopped on track at one point and had a fairly long discussion with an official. My guess is Lucas will have a tough time getting the teams to show up at this track again. It's obsolete and poorly prepped/surfaced. Cut the track down to 3/8 mile and ship in large quantity of good red clay. It's shame to see it go to waste but doing same thing over & over is what?

Or plug the drains and stock it with fish. That will kill the dust.

Yeah, I heard the same thing too. I'm trying to verify if that was true. I wouldn't doubt it. The drivers have a lot of pull in that series.

And Flo has crashed again. Only reason I have it is to watch the Lucas Late Models. Rarely get thru a race without going tits up. It's dead Jim. App won't even load now.

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_213658358.jpg
    IMG_20230608_213658358.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom