Dodge?

All of them are talented, just I think Richard is too damn focused on his grandkids and forgets Newman and Menard. The proof was there last season IMHO. Austin bitched, moaned, and groaned all of last year about getting his way. What makes it so bad is when you talk sh!t about your CC and Spotter, I'm surprised Andy Houston did not leave after last year.

He was getting a verbal bitchslap every race.
That's what happens in business when family gets involved......a blind eye is turned... The Dillon boys need to wake up every day and thank God their daddy married Bitchard's daughter.......

All of them are talented, just I think Richard is too damn focused on his grandkids and forgets Newman and Menard. The proof was there last season IMHO. Austin bitched, moaned, and groaned all of last year about getting his way. What makes it so bad is when you talk sh!t about your CC and Spotter, I'm surprised Andy Houston did not leave after last year.

He was getting a verbal bitchslap every race.
I agree with this in that I think all the RCR drivers are talented, Austin included. He seems to have a whiny or bitchy attitude from what I have heard on the Radioactive each week. Those segments did him zero favors. I also think Brandon Jones is a good young driver that RCR could use as a solid building piece for the future. In my very humble opinion I think Austin wins 1-2 races this year and Newman wins a race too.

NBC Sport posted an article this morning:

"This past weekend, there was garage buzz that 1) Dodge might be moving down the road with a team; and 2) there could be another manufacturer interested."

Has anyone heard anything more about this? I was told a couple of weeks ago that NASCAR HQ in Concord is working on something for Dodge. I asked my source about it, and it was phrased "they're definitely coming back".

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/03...-coup-whats-the-latest-on-a-new-manufacturer/

Been a while since anything has been reported on this. With Memorial Day weekend we are entering summer and soon enough Silly Season will be upon us. Surely there has to be some word on this rattling around amongst the "in the know" folks.

Unless there's a lot of stuff going on that no one knows about, I don't see how any new manufacturer could be ready by 2018. Dodge at least has relatively recent Cup experience, but anybody else would be better off starting in X.

A couple friends that work at FICA headquarters,all their attention has been on the upcoming Jeep products,their partnership with Google and diesel issues with EPA.I am just hoping we don't lose Ford with the change in leadership and direction the company is going.I see where the GM diesels that they put in heavy duty trucks are under investigation now.

A couple friends that work at FICA headquarters,all their attention has been on the upcoming Jeep products,their partnership with Google and diesel issues with EPA.I am just hoping we don't lose Ford with the change in leadership and direction the company is going.I see where the GM diesels that they put in heavy duty trucks are under investigation now.
The change in Ford leadership concerns me also......

IMHO I think Marchionne is going to try to phase out Dodge and push the Alfa Romeo brand in the US... Its only a matter of time until it happens.

Dodge? got plenty of Dodge in the Pinty Series

upload_2017-5-27_17-39-32.jpeg

Dodge is my favorite car brand. I'm not buying a stinkin' Alfa Romeo.

GM got nailed and now Jeep is also on the line for huge fines. Looks like a replay of Volkswagen.

Look at all the love for the Italian manufacturers in this thread....

IMHO I think Marchionne is going to try to phase out Dodge and push the Alfa Romeo brand in the US... Its only a matter of time until it happens.

Who would do something like that ?! Everyone knows that no american would chose a foreign car over one built in the USA even if it were free. Dodge isn't going anywhere thank god because i love their cars.

I would hate to see Alfa Romeo in Nascar, they should get into F1 or DTM or even WRC before thinking of getting into nascar. Plus I'd hate to see the hate that toyota gets just for being a foreign manufacturer directed towards Alfa. They surely wouldn't deserve it after all the history they made in Motorsport.

Still think they are coming back. 2017 we get announcement of return, 2018 (see 1999), 2019 return to trucks, 2020 return to Cup

Everyone knows that no american would chose a foreign car over one built in the USA even if it were free.
Does Mercedes Benz know about this? BMW? VW / Porsche / Audi? Honda? Nissan? I'm too lazy to list the rest.

Does Mercedes Benz know about this? BMW? VW / Porsche / Audi? Honda? Nissan? I'm too lazy to list the rest.

Have those company replaced am amarican brand ? Because i was writing about the idea arguing that mr Marchionne would be trying to "phase out Dodge and push the Alfa Romeo brand in the US".

Who would do something like that ?! Everyone knows that no american would chose a foreign car over one built in the USA even if it were free. Dodge isn't going anywhere thank god because i love their cars.
You are joking right, I for one hands down will take a one of those evil furrin cars over an American car, there isnt much from the big two that start my engine up.

I hate to break it to you, but for 2017 , the top selling three passenger cars in America are from Japan, with the Honda Civic on top, and 2/3 being Toyota, the top 25 of 2016, guess what, spots 4-11 are from Japan, spots 1-3 are F150-/Silverado/Ram, that should say something that the top 4-11 spots are non American cars and Americans are choosing foreign over domestic. You know Dodge is owned by Fiat?, making it an Italian owned Brand ?, Its hard to call it American when all profits go back to Italy.
Do yourself a favor, Google "automotive family tree", you are going to have your mind blown , welcome to 2017

I just dont see them doing that, it makes no sense that I can see for them to replace their American brand in America with a brand that is not, there is not one logical reason that I can think of why they should do that. Alfa's are going reside right next to Dodge here just fine.

Last edited:
I was with you most of the way, but I don't if Alfa's going to do squat here. What's it bring to the game that established European sports cars don't already offer?

The new Alfa Romero Giulia is supposed to compete with the BMW and Audi.It is not meant to be a mass market car to replace Dodge.As great as a car company Honda is,their Acura division still struggles to compete with BMW.That is just a tough market to compete in.

I will believe it when they submit a car for approval and name a team who will race it.
“Any manufacturer wanting to come into NASCAR for the 2019 season would have had to make a formal request by September 2017. The current NASCAR rules require race-car renderings for new models to be submitted by more than a year before they ever are raced on the track. The deadline is Oct. 1 (more than 15 months before the actual debut), if the production car is already in production, and Jan. 1 (13 months before the debut), if the production car will start being sold in the year the Cup model debuts. A full-scale race car must be submitted to NASCAR by April 1 prior to the year of debut.”

I will believe it when they submit a car for approval and name a team who will race it.
Yeah, this. I'd love to see it, but idle message board speculation does not excite me.

Last week Sergio Marchionne took a public swipe at Nascar in his comments opposing F1 plans to standardize various engine parts. That proves nothing, of course. But it is an odd example to use if he is preparing to launch a Nascar program.

I'd love to see dodge return in all their glory, don't get me wrong. But FCA as a whole is just such a mess right now, they've always been the red-headed step-child of the big US 3 but the recession might have put a final nail in their coffin. I'd have zero confidence that any NASCAR program they'd start would be successful or long lasting. Even if they're not American I'd still like to see a bigger, more stable company like VW or Nissan enter the sport as well as Dodge.

“Any manufacturer wanting to come into NASCAR for the 2019 season would have had to make a formal request by September 2017. The current NASCAR rules require race-car renderings for new models to be submitted by more than a year before they ever are raced on the track. The deadline is Oct. 1 (more than 15 months before the actual debut), if the production car is already in production, and Jan. 1 (13 months before the debut), if the production car will start being sold in the year the Cup model debuts. A full-scale race car must be submitted to NASCAR by April 1 prior to the year of debut.”
It will be. The official announcement of intention to return is like coming during Speedweeks. The car will be unvailed Father's Day weekend in Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom