Dodge?

The company's actions (Roush) lead me to believe they're definitely looking to "consolidate" into another team (or whatever you want to call no longer being around), but I haven't heard anything about Penske. I've heard something different.
Sounds close enough that there might be something to it.

I really don't care where ''crying towel'' Richard goes..... or..... if he never wins another race..... he showed his ass to Jack Roush too many times in the late 80's and 90's when Jack was trying to come in..... I have no respect for him at all.... I repected his driver.....

Dodge and RCR have met several times. Most people in the industry speculate that if Dodge does come in, it'll be with them.
I guess that kind of kills the CGR info then, or did things change with CGR which lead Dodge to talk to RCR?

Doesn't surprise me. Dodge would want to convert his existing engine shop, and Childress has to be sick of being the not-Hendrick (second tier) Chevy team. I know somebody else here said that this isn't true, and somebody here is saying it will be Gannassi making the switch (which I believe too) but if RCR can get a bunch of money injected into the team by Dodge like Ford did with SHR then why wouldn't they take it. Be the number one Dodge team instead of the Chevy also-ran.

This reminds me a lot of the Gibbs to Toyota scenario. Coach was done with being the other Chevy team. This jump might be a bit safer as Dodge has a history in the sport.

This reminds me a lot of the Gibbs to Toyota scenario. Coach was done with being the other Chevy team. This jump might be a bit safer as Dodge has a history in the sport.

I just don't get when people say that no, Richard is too loyal to Chevy to make the switch.

This is a business above all else. If it can increase your business's performance to be the top dog somewhere else, then why wouldn't you want to better your business? What is Chevrolet really doing for RCR that Dodge couldn't offer and then some?

I just don't get when people say that no, Richard is too loyal to Chevy to make the switch.

This is a business above all else. If it can increase your business's performance to be the top dog somewhere else, then why wouldn't you want to better your business? What is Chevrolet really doing for RCR that Dodge couldn't offer and then some?

Frankly, nothing surprises me after SHR to Ford. Chevy has what they want. Richard has no choice IMO after a couple of losing seasons.

Because when you consider the long history there and the current lineup of Chevrolet teams, I doubt that Chevrolet will let Childress get away without putting up a good fight to keep them. It's a pretty big risk regardless of what Dodge may offer. There's no guarantee of anything. If the money and support is there I'm sure Childress will consider, but I'll believe it when I see it.

It's true that RCR has struggled and may be looking for a change to help performance, but I don't think it's Chevrolet that is holding them back.

Because when you consider the long history there and the current lineup of Chevrolet teams, I doubt that Chevrolet will let Childress get away without putting up a good fight to keep them. It's a pretty big risk regardless of what Dodge may offer. There's no guarantee of anything. If the money and support is there I'm sure Childress will consider, but I'll believe it when I see it.

It's true that RCR has struggled and may be looking for a change to help performance, but I don't think it's Chevrolet that is holding them back.

I don't think GM is holding them back either but they're certainly not pushing them forward either...which Fiat maybe able to do $$$.

RCR is now the #2 at Chevy. Chevy will not allow him to get away. If he has talked to FCA it is only for leverage to use in Chevy contract talks.

Frankly, nothing surprises me after SHR to Ford. Chevy has what they want. Richard has no choice IMO after a couple of losing seasons.
I will agree with you on that. As tight as Gene and Rick are I am still blindsided by the move. There is a lot of interesting reading to be read thru about that business partnership over the years.

I think Dodge would have to overpay to convince RCR to make the switch. If they blow them away with an offer too good to refuse then I could certainly see them jumping ship. I still don't think it's very likely though. Ganassi, Petty, and a third startup team would be much more likely IMO.

Again, I don't think the manufacturer support has been RCR's problem. And I don't know why some people are just assuming that RCR would suddenly be competing for championships if they turn to Dodge? Even if Dodge gives them boatloads of money and support for their engine shop, would they be the clear #1 team? Remember, Evernham was supposedly the flagship Dodge team, yet it was Sterling Marlin with Ganassi/Sabco that performed the best. Michael Waltrip Racing and Red Bull were the big boys for Toyota before Gibbs came along.

SHR moving to Ford is an even better reason for RCR to remain with GM. Just my opinion.

... This is a business above all else. If it can increase your business's performance to be the top dog somewhere else, then why wouldn't you want to better your business? ...
Assuming being top dog somewhere else actually does increase your performance...

RCR is now the #2 at Chevy. Chevy will not allow him to get away. If he has talked to FCA it is only for leverage to use in Chevy contract talks.
Can we still consider RCR #2? CGR had a win, RCR had none. CGR placed both of its drivers in the Chase; RCR, 1 out of 3.

Sounds to me like Richard has dropped to #3, and if that was me then I'd definitely be looking at jumping ship.

Neither do I. For one thing RCR only did good because they had a driver that could finish higher
with a not so good car. Dale changed CC's often showing even he wasn't happy with the equipment. Same with Harvick.

Neither do I. For one thing RCR only did good because they had a driver that could finish higher
with a not so good car. Dale changed CC's often showing even he wasn't happy with the equipment. Same with Harvick.
lolwut?

Some tweets...

In response to another tweet he said he's hearing it's *not* Dodge.

Heard Lee Spencer on Sirius earlier and she hinted at there being rumblings of a German manufacturer possibly coming with or instead of Dodge.

Heard Lee Spencer on Sirius earlier and she hinted at there being rumblings of a German manufacturer possibly coming with or instead of Dodge.

:growl:

nascar_a6.jpg

I seriously doubt any luxury car brand would ever enter NASCAR, it's just not their target demographic. If it's a german car company thats rumored there is really only one option and they just got butt raped by the US government last year.

I seriously doubt any luxury car brand would ever enter NASCAR, it's just not their target demographic. If it's a german car company thats rumored there is really only one option and they just got butt raped by the US government last year.

X2

VW is pouring a lot of money into GRC though.

I seriously doubt any luxury car brand would ever enter NASCAR, it's just not their target demographic.
I reckon youve never sat in a Fusion Titanium.

Plus, nascar's target demo are teenagers & college grads with no financial smarts who lease luxury cars.

And yet VW somehow was the most profitable car company globally last year. What the?

I reckon youve never sat in a Fusion Titanium.

Plus, nascar's target demo are teenagers & college grads with no financial smarts who lease luxury cars.
Funny, many of the current crop of teens and grads hanging out around here tell us they aren't interested in owning a car, assuming they bothered to get a license in the first place ...

It would be interesting to see 2 manufacturers come into the sport at the same time, having 5 brands on the track. I'm curious to see what Allenbaba has to say about these rumors.

What if Mercedes joined up and brought Lewis Hamilton. That would be major.

And yet VW somehow was the most profitable car company globally last year. What the?

Yep, largest automaker in the world and yet their US market share has been only 2-3% for a while now. Absolutely horrible performance and they know it. That's where the NASCAR rumors came in, as a way to catapult them into mainstream success here.

It would be interesting to see 2 manufacturers come into the sport at the same time, having 5 brands on the track. I'm curious to see what Allenbaba has to say about these rumors.

I'd like to see Dodge return and Nissan come in as they are the only ones that could run the truck series as well. Really bugs me to see other auto maker commercials during a race when they are not racing.

4 cylinder or a V6 diesel. Dodge and Nissan both make V8 pick up a that could run in the Truck series. Honda has the Ridgline but it also a V6.
True, I also don't think they sell them here. But I do want to see heads explode over a vehicle made in Algeria in NASCAR

RCR's problem isn't the manufacturer it's the lack of talented drivers.

All of them are talented, just I think Richard is too damn focused on his grandkids and forgets Newman and Menard. The proof was there last season IMHO. Austin bitched, moaned, and groaned all of last year about getting his way. What makes it so bad is when you talk **** about your CC and Spotter, I'm surprised Andy Houston did not leave after last year.

He was getting a verbal bitchslap every race.

Back
Top Bottom