Dodge?

Oh yes, the car that made a race because of the fans. I will watch to see if it gets mentioned this year.

Ragan ran for BKR last season and ran decent, not championship decent, but decent for a back marker team. They are a 3 car operation trying their damnedest to stay in the sport, but I guess f#@$ them right!

Ragan ran for BKR last season and ran decent, not championship decent, but decent for a back marker team. They are a 3 car operation trying their damnedest to stay in the sport, but I guess f#@$ them right!
Not Really. We don't know what drives the owners of BKR. Does 3 cars running as back markers bring in more cash than 2 cars running 15-25?
If a team like the 78 can hire better people and improve their track position. why don't more of these back markers as you call them go that route?
I don't have the answer because I don't have access to their books.

Not Really. We don't know what drives the owners of BKR.

Maybe they really like racing and want to compete at this level. Like most racers, they probably think they will do better this year.

I'm fascinated by the idea that we bemoan the plight of the have-nots on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and ridicule them on Tuesday and Thursday.

Maybe they really like racing and want to compete at this level. Like most racers, they probably think they will do better this year.

I'm fascinated by the idea that we bemoan the plight of the have-nots on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and ridicule them on Tuesday and Thursday.
Ya ever notice no one suggests the Jax. Jaguars or Cleveland Browns up and go away? In other US sports, the weak sisters don't leave; they just relocate.

Golf and British football have built-in mechanisms to weed out poor performers or move them to levels they're better suited for. There are probably others, but those sports also have systems to elevate suitable replacements.

You can't always cite sources or else you don't have them. I am not writing for a paper here. And I will still say w/o Gibbs Toyota has very little to show for ten years at the Cup level. Trucks give them credit they own it.

I'll see your Petty Blue and raise you Toyota red. If I swing at Petty, I had better have some proof. I'd expect the same from you, but it's a free country. We see all kinds of BS out there that has no substance.

Ya ever notice no one suggests the Jax. Jaguars or Cleveland Browns up and go away? In other US sports, the weak sisters don't leave; they just relocate.

Golf and British football have built-in mechanisms to weed out poor performers or move them to levels they're better suited for. There are probably others, but those sports also have systems to elevate suitable replacements.
Kind of like "The Xfinity Championship car/driver run one season in Cup without paying any fees and the Cup team who finishes last must run the next season in Xfinity ????

You could also run the truck Champion in Xfinity and the last place exfinity runs the next season in Trucks.

Kind of like "The Xfinity Championship car/driver run one season in Cup without paying any fees and the Cup team who finishes last must run the next season in Xfinity ????
And transfer the Charter! Seriously, there are several issues with a transfer system in NASCAR.
  • While there is a limited number of charters, there is no limit on how many teams can attempt to qualify at any level.
  • Not all lower tier teams want to move up. Developmental teams, teams that are just happy where they are, etc.
  • Moving up doesn't guarantee your current sponsor is willing to provide the required funding, or that you'll be able to secure a new sponsor who is willing.
So that's pretty much that.

Dodge and RCR have met several times. Most people in the industry speculate that if Dodge does come in, it'll be with them.

That really surprises me. I figured Childress was too loyal and too stubborn to consider leaving GM after 40 years together.

That really surprises me. I figured Childress was too loyal and too stubborn to consider leaving GM after 40 years together.

Doesn't surprise me. Dodge would want to convert his existing engine shop, and Childress has to be sick of being the not-Hendrick (second tier) Chevy team. I know somebody else here said that this isn't true, and somebody here is saying it will be Gannassi making the switch (which I believe too) but if RCR can get a bunch of money injected into the team by Dodge like Ford did with SHR then why wouldn't they take it. Be the number one Dodge team instead of the Chevy also-ran.

If the money was right, I'd say Richard would run around the track naked with a Dodge hat on until the first segment break.

RCR also has a ton of technical alliances. Would they all switch as well? No way GM would be ok with losing the 95, 13, 33, 47 and 37 in addition to the 3, 31, and 27.

RCR also has a ton of technical alliances. Would they all switch as well? No way GM would be ok with losing the 95, 13, 33, 47 and 37 in addition to the 3, 31, and 27.

I would imagine that if they switched you would most likely see the three RCR cars, Germain & Petty.

Just depends how many resources the others get from RCR (chassis etc.) Or if Hendrick wanted to supply more than just engines to them after that.

They're business to business alliances that end when the invoices and checks stop crossing paths in the mail. Loyalty is not part of the equation.

GM would find other sources of support for those cars. Look no further than Hendrick Motorsports who recently stopped trading invoices for checks with a 4 car team.

It would be great for Childress Racing to be relevant again. Becoming Dodge's lead team would accomplish that immediately.

RCR/Dodge makes more sense to than Ganassi, because of the engines. In Chip Ganassi's vast racing empire, I'm not sure they even own a plug wrench. Childress has a going concern motor shop.

I would litterly pass out on the floor if RCR switches, especially after losing SHR. My bet is he is leveraging Dodge against GM. Chances this happens 30%. Same thing happened 2013.

I would litterly pass out on the floor if RCR switches, especially after losing SHR. My bet is he is leveraging Dodge against GM. Chances this happens 30%. Same thing happened 2013.
Literally pass out on the floor? An involuntary suspension of cerebral processes followed by physical collapse?

You take this way too seriously.

What is so hard to understand about a man who is elderly being ready to walk away? He hasn't had a successful year by his standards in several seasons.
He's still flying.

And he's 6 years younger than Roger Penske.

And your source for that is suspect.

He's still flying.

And he's 6 years younger than Roger Penske.

And your source for that is suspect.

All of which means nothing. The source is a former race engineer who has been in and out of the sport since the 1960's. He typed it was a hot rumor going around among ex-colleagues. That Roush was tired of the daily grind of a Cup operation and it was rumored he would sell his charters to Penske when he was ready and it wasn't far off. But I underscore rumor.

All of which means nothing. The source is a former race engineer who has been in and out of the sport since the 1960's. He typed it was a hot rumor going around among ex-colleagues. That Roush was tired of the daily grind of a Cup operation and it was rumored he would sell his charters to Penske when he was ready and it wasn't far off. But I underscore rumor.
The company's actions (Roush) lead me to believe they're definitely looking to "consolidate" into another team (or whatever you want to call no longer being around), but I haven't heard anything about Penske. I've heard something different.

Back
Top Bottom