Duck Commander 500 @ Texas: Pre-Race Thread

LOL PeopleAreStrange major gripe of the year.

I like seeing him go on about this. Haha

I know when people don't know **** about my area and they talk like they do, I'm the first to say something. :D

"Does FORT WORTH ever cross your mind"

Yes, Concord is a suburb of Charlotte, and Hampton is a suburb of Atlanta. Fort Worth is not a suburb of any city. Fort Worth is it's own major city with it's own suburbs (and some that it shares with Dallas). Fort Worth anchors a metro area. There's a reason that North Texas is called the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and the international airport was named DFW. Even if Fort Worth had never annexed TMS, it would still be considered a part of the Fort Worth area.

Actually, Concord NC is it's own town. It's not a suburb of Charlotte.

<<<< Native of Concord, NC.

So you guys basically have a Minneapolis-St. Paul kinda thing going on.
It sounds like a Baltimore Washington thing. A lot of people still think DC is part of Maryland.

Personally, we should end the confusion and let Maryland annex Northern Virginia since that's essentially the same state, amirite fergy1370?

Well at least the controversial sponsors makes it somewhat interesting, even if the on-track product doesn't.

bb0.png

Actually, Concord NC is it's own town. It's not a suburb of Charlotte.

<<<< Native of Concord, NC.

As someone who worked in Concord for a time. Yup.

Concord is not a metropolis. Charlotte is the only metropolis with a CBD in the Charlotte metro area. Concord revolves around Charlotte.

It sounds like a Baltimore Washington thing. A lot of people still think DC is part of Maryland.

Personally, we should end the confusion and let Maryland annex Northern Virginia since that's essentially the same state, amirite fergy1370?

Actually, Baltimore and Washington are very good examples. Their downtowns are 34 miles apart, only 4 more miles apart than D and FW. But the Fort Worth and Dallas metros combined a few decades ago after their suburbs grew into each other, so Fort Worth magically became a suburb in the eyes of many ignorant people. Baltimore and Washington still remain two separate metros, so people still consider them separate cities. If those two metros were to combine, many people would likely see Baltimore as a suburb of Washington.

Aren't you just on-point with your urban geography.

Concord is not a metropolis. Charlotte is the only metropolis with a CBD in the Charlotte metro area. Concord revolves around Charlotte.

Actually, Baltimore and Washington are very good examples. Their downtowns are 34 miles apart, only 4 more miles apart than D and FW. But the Fort Worth and Dallas metros combined a few decades ago after their suburbs grew into each other, so Fort Worth magically became a suburb in the eyes of many ignorant people. Baltimore and Washington still remain two separate metros, so people still consider them separate cities. If those two metros were to combine, many people would likely see Baltimore as a suburb of Washington.

They essentially are "combined" though. "The Beltways", "Baltimore-Washington". I think the fact that both Baltimore and the District having major league sports teams reduces the confusion though. The Dallas Cowboys are the Dallas Cowboys not the Texas Cowboys, whereas there's the Washington Redskins and Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals.

I tend to say I'm from Baltimore, even though I was usually closer to Washington except for when I went to school in Baltimore - but I'm from Maryland and people identify Maryland with "Baltimore". There's also a huge difference in culture between Baltimore and DC and I identify more with the Baltimore culture.

DC is from you.

For me, it comes down to one thing - culture. I'm a Baltimorean at heart. I drink craft beer not piss water, I put Old Bay on my fries, I know how to eat a Chesapeake blue crab, I love crab cakes, I root for the Baltimore Orioles, I hate Puke I mean Duke and they're terrapins not turtles. :D

For me, it comes down to one thing - culture. I'm a Baltimorean at heart. I drink craft beer not piss water, I put Old Bay on my fries, I know how to eat a Chesapeake blue crab, I love crab cakes, I root for the Baltimore Orioles, I hate Puke I mean Duke and they're terrapins not turtles. :D
You had me at craft beer, lost me at Chesapeake blue crab. As a matter of fact, what is old bay?

No, Southern California is "Not Going to be a Part of Anywhere in 50 Years" land.
I assume you're insinuating that California is falling off the continent. Been there, heard that. Better chance of a Tsunami leveling us. :rolleyes:

Old Bay is what we keep in our salt shakers in Maryland. :D
Is it similar to Everglades Seasoning from South Florida? If so... Yes, that's awesome.

Can I bitch about Tampa Bay being mistaken for Tampa? I can't even remember how many times FOX's baseball crew has said the last few years that the Rays are hosting a game in Tampa rather than St. Pete.

thinkin most nascar fans identify more w/ laid back ......cattle / cowboy hx / culture of fw ....
.........vs glitzy hi rises / progs in dallas.

plus cowboy / ranger stadiums are in neither.......both in arlington.

Culture rules.
It makes you what you are.

I blame all this city clustering on the airports. This is all on you DFW, MSP, BWI, TSP, and SFO.

Back
Top Bottom