Duck Commander 500 @ Texas: Pre-Race Thread

Gordons car looks awesome, Cool that its painted too I assumed it was a vinyl wrap.
Gordon's cars have always been painted instead of just wrapped. Gordon has a thing about it and thinks a wrap could cause drag.

looks like SMS Audio and Klarbrunn Vita Ice are stepping up to sponsor the #30 of Parker Klingerman

To get the body down to the thousanths of an inch to make it thru inspection when they sand it?
A wrap is only 4 mils thick. I don't know how thick the paint gets, but I'd think if it were really advantageous painting would be the norm.

To get the body down to the thousanths of an inch to make it thru inspection when they sand it?

Actually, the static ionic value of the wrap repels the ionic value of air, reducing drag at 100 mph by more than 5% vs paint. Estimates are around a 7.5% drag reduction at speeds higher than 170 mph, and air temps of less than 82 degrees. They just don't have anything that can measure......

Ahhh, hell. I don't have a friggin clue either. ;)

Actually, the static ionic value of the wrap repels the ionic value of air, reducing drag at 100 mph by more than 5% vs paint. Estimates are around a 7.5% drag reduction at speeds higher than 170 mph, and air temps of less than 82 degrees. They just don't have anything that can measure......

I figured most teams that painted cars just do it so they can say "hey, this car is painted not wrapped." Just to show the attention to detail they put in the car.

In my mind I would see vinyl wrapping being better to reduce drag, since you have basically one giant sheet covering the car. And its perfectly smooth and even in every area on the body.

I figured most teams that painted cars just do it so they can say "hey, this car is painted not wrapped." Just to show the attention to detail they put in the car.

In my mind I would see vinyl wrapping being better to reduce drag, since you have basically one giant sheet covering the car. And its perfectly smooth and even in every area on the body.

I guess some guys just don't like a giant sheet on their car. ;)

Well no wonder jeff can't win & hasn't been in contention every single week!

Watched the Matrix Reloaded lately? :confused:

be114143caef271e5074e7870c7564f0.500x281x64.gif

Yes, Concord is a suburb of Charlotte, and Hampton is a suburb of Atlanta. Fort Worth is not a suburb of any city. Fort Worth is it's own major city with it's own suburbs (and some that it shares with Dallas). Fort Worth anchors a metro area. There's a reason that North Texas is called the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and the international airport was named DFW. Even if Fort Worth had never annexed TMS, it would still be considered a part of the Fort Worth area.

I have a friend whose mail box is in Arkansas but his house is in Oklahoma...does that count?

What channel is carrying the cup qualifying on Saturday? I can't find it on FS1 and I have a bad feeling it's on FS2, which Comcast doesn't carry in our area. I don't know who to get more PO'd at, Fox or Comcast. Does anyone stream it online?

What channel is carrying the cup qualifying on Saturday? I can't find it on FS1 and I have a bad feeling it's on FS2, which Comcast doesn't carry in our area. I don't know who to get more PO'd at, Fox or Comcast. Does anyone stream it online?

Saturday at 3PM on FS2.

I hope everyone gets to see another great race this weekend. I'm going to dvr it and watch it Mon night when i get back from a boat race in Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom